Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR Phone interview, in person interview with Vice President and senior account exec. I'd sent a resume to someone I knew at the company and they passed it to HR

Interview Questions

• What from your past experience would help you do this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question
    • BioScience is different from other PR groups, is it something you're interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted a 3-month internship to hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through the website and got an email from HR within the week to set up an interview. Had my interview the next week at the office, the interviewer was very nice, friendly, and welcoming. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour, it was more conversational then I expected but it made the interview a lot less intimidating. Got the interviewers business card and followed up with them afterwards. It's been almost a month since my interview and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What social media outlets do you follow to stay up to date with current (PR) trends?
      Do you have any experience with paid media?
      Tell me about your previous experiences and what you've learned.
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      Why do you want to work at Edelman?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by an employee. She told me she forwarded my resume, and that day, I got an email from HR (she was SO great by the way) for a phone screening. The next day we spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. I sent her a thank you email shortly after the phone screening and got a callback to come in for an in-person interview.

I met with the 3 members of the team I was interviewing for (higher levels), and 1 member of a different team. From entrance to exit, the process took about 2 - 2.5 hours. I got the final round callback a week later, which was the writing test. It was 2 short prompts. I enjoyed the challenges, and it was a pretty creative assignment. I took it 2 days after they sent me the callback, and 3 days after, I got a call from HR with an offer.

Naturally, I accepted! I was nervous throughout the entire process as Edelman is a firm I've always wanted to work for, but the actual process was not bad at all. They were SO friendly and very approachable. They make it a conversation, which helps the candidates to loosen up and be themselves.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you couldn't finish a task by a given deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative and we had a 30 minute interview. At the end she told me that there were no positions available and that I reach out a significant period later. So I did and followed up with her. She emailed me back with positions available and applied. She emailed me to schedule something and never responded. I emailed her at least five times in the time span of 3 months.

As a HR representative at a highly respected firm, I am utterly shocked at how unprofessional the HR representative is. It's one to say that there aren't any emails, but another to just completely not respond. Very unprofessional HR at such a great company which is unfortunate.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process felt long, after each interview I would wait about a week to hear back. Initial phone screen was followed by an in person interview with a VP and SVP which was engaging and very good. This was then followed with another in person interview with mid level people which was generic and dull. I was also asked to come in for an interview on the same day which was odd. They also sent me a rejection email by mistake.

Interview Questions

Slow response meant that I had another offer in hand by the time they got round to making me an offer. Just felt too slow and bureaucratic.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well with the HR representative. Was asked to come in and meet with two of the team members and thought the interview had gone well. I emailed them that afternoon to thank all three people and only heard back from one. After several weeks with no response I reached out to the HR representative again and heard nothing in return. I was shocked to learn NYC's top PR firm didn't even have the decency to email me saying they weren't interested or had gone with another person. It was like the whole process hadn't even happened and they fell of the face of the planet. Very weird.

Interview Questions

• All normal questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.