Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR Phone interview, in person interview with Vice President and senior account exec. I'd sent a resume to someone I knew at the company and they passed it to HR

Interview Questions

• What from your past experience would help you do this job?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question
  • BioScience is different from other PR groups, is it something you're interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted a 3-month internship to hire

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Great process, very straight to the point. HR was delayed with response, but to the point when I followed up. Things were great and easy to follow. There was a phone interview first then an in-person interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

First I completed an HR phone screen, then I was brought into the office for a first round in-person interview with 3 different people, then I was given a writing test, and then a second in-person with some additional team members.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A day or two later I got an email to interview with HR. I then had a 2nd round interview with 2 VPs. The last interview was a timed 1-hour writing assessment. The whole process took about 3 and a half weeks. I was nervous because I didn't hear back after the writing assessment for over a week, but was thrilled nonetheless when I get offered the job. The HR lady was very professional and cordial throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe your PR experience.   1 Answer
    • Writing assessment was along the lines of "find a current PR campaign and explain why it was successful or unsuccessful. "   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

A brief phone screener followed by an hour and a half of in-person interviews with team members. The interview was more of a conversation than a strict question and answer session. The team was extremely communicative throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I was referred to Edelman by a former colleague who worked there before. I was reached out by recruitment and had a phone screening. I was then invited in to meet 3 members of the department and everyone was super friendly and the interview wasn't super formal. At the end, the recruiter said she wouldn't leave me hanging and would notify me by end of the week the next steps. (This was before the holidays so I wasn't expecting a decision made by them yet anyway) I emailed her after the interview the next day to thank her for having me in. By end of the week, I hear nothing but the holidays were next week so I would probably hear back the next week, right? I follow up the Friday after the holidays and got a bounceback "out of office". No problem. A week goes by and I follow up again kindly asking if I'm still in consideration since I am actively interviewing and would like to know. I knew there were looking to hire in January because they told me. I still have not heard back and I know this is a large company who interviews many candidates but leaving someone hanging is very unprofessional. A simple email saying I'm no longer in for consideration would be fine- especially when that is your job to follow up with candidates. I had high expectations from this company and was really impressed by the team but I am disappointed that I wasn't even given a simple email after 3 follow-ups.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

Negotiation

I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.