Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied for an entry-level position online and then sent my information to the recruiter via e-mail. Was called back a week or two later for a phone screening. I was then asked to go in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 team members during a 2-hour period. I was then asked to come back for a second round interview with the VP of the team and then take a grammar and writing test. They called each of my references and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The writing sample is different for each person, so it could be a press release, client-note, op-ed, byline, etc. Prepare for each!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through the website and got an email from HR within the week to set up an interview. Had my interview the next week at the office, the interviewer was very nice, friendly, and welcoming. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour, it was more conversational then I expected but it made the interview a lot less intimidating. Got the interviewers business card and followed up with them afterwards. It's been almost a month since my interview and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What social media outlets do you follow to stay up to date with current (PR) trends?
      Do you have any experience with paid media?
      Tell me about your previous experiences and what you've learned.
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I initially contacted a VP of recruitment to express my interest in Edelman. I came across her name in an article that discussed what it's like to work at Edelman and felt we were on the same wavelength. After I wrote her a kind note, I received a timely and kind response where she explained that she focuses on higher-level recruiting but would pass my name on. We'll see, I thought.

Within a week, two ladies from HR contacted me and it all started from there.

I initially interviewed for a position with the lady from HR and didn't hear from her for a week or two, but this was over Christmas break so delays happen. She calls me out of the blue two weeks later and said, "Hey! We've got this position and I think you'd be a great fit for it. When's a good time for you to speak with the team?"

From that point on: I had a phone interview with two AE's, an in person interview with 3 AE's and a VP, a writing and grammar test the next morning and an offer in my lap within 24 hours! I was told this was very unusual in terms of how quickly they moved, but I had unique circumstances (moved to the city 24 hours ago and was being heavily pursued by another agency).

Overall, everyone I came in touch with at Edelman was respectful, helpful, and really trying to see if it was the right fit for both parties.

My advice to candidates:
    -Be prepared with past work stories that emphasize delivering results and being part of a team.
    -Show enthusiasm for the position and the industry.
    -Have quality writing samples.
    -Ask questions to figure out if it's the right fit for you. If it's not, you'll find out. And if it is a good fit, the team will see that you're interested in more than a paycheck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

had to meet with 3 people at once. they were very friendly and explained the position, accounts, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially reached out to HR via the Edelman website after an employee referred me to the position. After the initial call with HR and sending resume/portfolio, I was asked to come in and do three 1:1 interviews with the team that was hiring. Then, I was told they would follow up the next week, but called me within the hour to set up 3 additional 1:1 interviews for the next day. After those, I completed a two-hour writing exam. The third day I completed a phone interview and then two days later was offered the position. Best day of my life!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in PR.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because the offer was excellent and I was so excited to start!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with the head of HR that lasted about 45 minutes. I took a grammar/writing test and was told that if I move on to the next round I would be called within the week. I was called about 3 weeks later and told I did perfectly on the grammar test. We discussed salary, start date and other detailed aspects of the position. The HR person told me I was perfect for the position and would definitely be called.I had to call them over and over again until they told me they hired some summer intern who expressed interest in the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Just asked basic questions