Edelman Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and an HR representative emailed me to schedule a phone interview. We talked on the phone for about 10-15 minutes, and it didn't feel like an interview at all. She basically asked why I wanted to work at Edelman, and how serious I was about the internship. After that call, she emailed me again within a day to schedule a Skype interview. I had two back-to-back interviews with two supervisors in two different departments (one internship was in health and the other was crisis management). Each one lasted about 20 minutes, which I thought was a bit odd since it didn't feel like they got to know me very well. I guess they were satisfied with my work experience. Afterwards, they asked me to submit some writing samples, and I wrote a 700 word essay on what PR means to me and how I can benefit Edelman. After that, I was offered the health internship. I had to decline because Atlanta was too expensive to move and live there to do a six month internship. I was really bummed I had to turn it down, but I'm still hoping to find work with Edelman!

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted csv and was contacted about opening within 2 weeks. Set up phone call with recruiter that went very well and scheduled in person interview for following week.

Was set up with 2 VPs for half hour each. Questions were pretty standard, but it was tough trying to rehash the same answers for the second part of the interview. The overall vibe seemed to be a bit negative, and I never felt like I was asked about the attributes I could bring to the job (see below questions).

I did a little further research and found the job posting had been open for nearly 5 months prior. Although I was told the role needed to be filled in the next 2-3 weeks on the phone screen, I heard nothing for nearly a month. After following up multiple times, I was told the firm was moving forward with other candidates.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Over the phone and Skype interview. Phone interview was very straight forward. Typical interview questions about my experience and expectations. The Skype interview was focused more on the actual position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a real life example of how I would handle a particular PR crisis.   Answer Question

Vice President, Corporate Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but thorough. It included two interviews with the recruiting specialist, meetings with each of the position's colleagues as well as a client interview. Also included in the process was an online test designed to get a sense of the candidate's work style, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Explain your ability to manage resources including budgets, teams, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied after seeing a post on LinkedIn about Spring internship position. Post was only up for about 3 days and apparently saw hundreds of applicants. Was emailed about 2-3 weeks afterwards from head of HR requesting an interview over the phone. A week later, the interview came and went. A week later, was asked if I could come in for a face-to-face interview with an SAE and an AE. Interview was very straightforward and asked very typical PR questions, like "What are your strengths/weaknesses", "Talk about a successful/unsuccessful PR campaign/initiative that is current and recent (what you liked/disliked about it). After this, they told me I would find out in about 3-4 weeks (beginning of December) if I got the position. They ended up telling me just before Thanksgiving that I got the job.

Edelman is HUGE into diversity, so you need to stand out in this regard and set yourself apart from fellow applicants. Also, they are very big into taking your own initiative and the entrepreneurial spirit, so showing leadership roles and taking risks also will look excellent.

Overall, extremely positive experience not solely because I got the internship, but the professionalism and courtesy extended to me was unrivaled. Very quick responses, kind/caring staff, and incredibly accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into the Edelman culture of diversity and the entrepreneurial spirit?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through the online careers page for multiple Fall internships. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking to set up a phone interview with the SouthEast HR department for the Atlanta and Orlando internships. The recruiter called at the designated time. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with standard questions:
    Walk me through your resume
    What are you doing right now?
    How did you hear about Edelman and why do you want to intern here?
    What areas of PR most interest you?
    I was told that I would hear either way by the end of the month, but it took about 2 months to hear I hadn't been chosen to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• She seemed to be very concerned that I would have to relocate for the internship. I kept stressing how I was 100% ready to take on the full financial responsibility of relocating, but she kept harping on it asking if I'd ever visited or lived in either city.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

5 minute phone interview and got asked back for second round.

EVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Hired in as SVP, havng never worked for an agency. Interview process overall took four months and five return visits to talk with seven people in total. This was more than 8 years ago, though, so I don't think it would work this way now.

Interview Questions

• How can you transition from a corporate environment, where you don't have to track time, to one in which billable time is measured and your pay is tied to satisfactory billings?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward. I gave them a range that would be acceptable, they offered in the middle of the range, I requested a little more and got it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in-office interview with 2 AE's

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple for me as I joined the company following an internship. Additionally, the position was specifically created to support one account and the client's needs.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to work on in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was short as they issued a strong offer on the first round.