Edelman Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.9

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted an online application. About a month later I was offered a phone interview. Two weeks after that I came in person for a four person panel interview, followed by an assessment.

SummerChicago Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

HR was very friendly and helped me with questions along the way. I had a virtual interview. I had two interviews. Both were very relaxed and fun. The first interview was more about my skills which was quite a lot of grilling followed by questions. The second was done by a senior HR person and they wanted to know more about my personality through some problem solving questions.

Immersion Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to a mixer, about a month later I got an invitation to come to the Chicago office for a 30 minute in-person interview. It's you in the room with 2 other Edelman recruiters. Others called this a stress interview, where they typically ask you for a different answer than the one you gave or to expand on the one you gave.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Extensive and very organized interview process. First, I was phone screened by HR. Then I had a call with the hiring manager. I then took a personality test and had a day of in-person interviews - with the ability to meet with multiple team members and obtain a true feel for the role, the company as well as the client/client challenges and opportunities. After the in-person, I took a test and then received an offer.

Consumer PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Really easy process. Basic phone interview first, then came into the office. HR was very responsive and friendly. My case was a little different because the expedited the process because I had to give another company an answer soon. They were accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Q: Strengths/weakness?
      Q: Why do you want to work for Edelman?
      Q: Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge in the workplace.

Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone call and then in person interview. Phone call was mostly just going through you resume and the in person interview was about 40 minutes more in depth. The phone call was mostly going over my resume and in person is when we discussed more about the internship, why I wanted to work there and got to learn more about the overall work environment. It was pretty laid back, obviously still in a business setting but it was low pressure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not one.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

quick and painless interview process, general questions about experience
    HR team is super friendly and helpful throughout the process
    they don't expect you to know everything about PR, but show interest and be yourself and you should be golden

Interview Questions

• just ask you about your past experiences and why you'd be a good "cultural" fit at Edelman   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process included submitting the initial application online, followed up by a quick call from one of the recruitment team, then a formal phone interview and a 2-step in person interview. The process was well organized and swift.

Interview Questions

• During the initial in-person interview, the interviewer requested some very specific details about previous work, so be sure to go in with that data top of mind.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Received email from HR for telephone screening, phone interview, and shortly and email with on site interview. Met with 3 people ranging from 30 min. each. No unexpected odd ball questions. Was told that I had a impressive resume.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was well facilitated and guided by the staff there. They were friendly and were willing to help with any questions beforehand. When it came to the interview process they were professional and got straight to the point by asking questions about your experience and how it translated over.