Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. The process was nice and straightforward. Questions are mostly around your previous experiences. Writing skills matter. All team members are very nice.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Edelman has an organized, effective interview process. It's clear that there is a strategy behind each interviewers' focus because no one asked the same interview question twice (which I really appreciated as the candidate!). I felt like they were trying to get to know me and have a conversation, and the recruiter I worked with was an excellent communicator and prompt. I met with four people (two phone calls, one onsite meeting) in three rounds of conversations and had an offer in roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt compelled to share an opinion that differed from someone more senior than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

A person in HR reached out to me on LinkedIn about a position in the Sacramento office. The process started with a phone screen with the HR person who reached out to me in mid-October. About a week after that, I got a message from them saying that they were delaying hiring for that position until the next year. When I saw the position posted again in December I re-applied and reached out to the HR person again. Had a second phone screening with them. Set up a a series of three one on one in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you've had to test your resilience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR Phone interview, in person interview with Vice President and senior account exec. I'd sent a resume to someone I knew at the company and they passed it to HR

Interview Questions

• What from your past experience would help you do this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question
    • BioScience is different from other PR groups, is it something you're interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted a 3-month internship to hire

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Received a robo email from an HR person about a position I didn't even finish applying for, but I decided to take the initial HR interview anyways. After having the call, the HR staff member was insistent that I'd hear back within the next week. Followed up the next week and I was emailed back right away saying they'd be in touch very soon. After almost 4 months of radio silence had gone by and after accepting another position, I finally received another robo email that I was no longer being considered. Four months later. When there are plenty of PR agencies out there vying for talented employees, it's certainly not a good look to be impersonal and incompetent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through the website and got an email from HR within the week to set up an interview. Had my interview the next week at the office, the interviewer was very nice, friendly, and welcoming. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour, it was more conversational then I expected but it made the interview a lot less intimidating. Got the interviewers business card and followed up with them afterwards. It's been almost a month since my interview and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What social media outlets do you follow to stay up to date with current (PR) trends?
      Do you have any experience with paid media?
      Tell me about your previous experiences and what you've learned.
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview experience was brief and somewhat informative - they learned much more about me than I did about the company or the kind of work I'd be doing or the kinds of clients I'd be working with. I did get the opportunity to speak with several team members for a brief period of time, including an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous client experience and any existing relationships.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for an interview. took an exam at the office. two senior managers for the practice sat down with me. they payed good cop, bad cop.