Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

First I completed an HR phone screen, then I was brought into the office for a first round in-person interview with 3 different people, then I was given a writing test, and then a second in-person with some additional team members.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A day or two later I got an email to interview with HR. I then had a 2nd round interview with 2 VPs. The last interview was a timed 1-hour writing assessment. The whole process took about 3 and a half weeks. I was nervous because I didn't hear back after the writing assessment for over a week, but was thrilled nonetheless when I get offered the job. The HR lady was very professional and cordial throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe your PR experience.   1 Answer
    • Writing assessment was along the lines of "find a current PR campaign and explain why it was successful or unsuccessful. "   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

A brief phone screener followed by an hour and a half of in-person interviews with team members. The interview was more of a conversation than a strict question and answer session. The team was extremely communicative throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I was referred to Edelman by a former colleague who worked there before. I was reached out by recruitment and had a phone screening. I was then invited in to meet 3 members of the department and everyone was super friendly and the interview wasn't super formal. At the end, the recruiter said she wouldn't leave me hanging and would notify me by end of the week the next steps. (This was before the holidays so I wasn't expecting a decision made by them yet anyway) I emailed her after the interview the next day to thank her for having me in. By end of the week, I hear nothing but the holidays were next week so I would probably hear back the next week, right? I follow up the Friday after the holidays and got a bounceback "out of office". No problem. A week goes by and I follow up again kindly asking if I'm still in consideration since I am actively interviewing and would like to know. I knew there were looking to hire in January because they told me. I still have not heard back and I know this is a large company who interviews many candidates but leaving someone hanging is very unprofessional. A simple email saying I'm no longer in for consideration would be fine- especially when that is your job to follow up with candidates. I had high expectations from this company and was really impressed by the team but I am disappointed that I wasn't even given a simple email after 3 follow-ups.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative and we had a 30 minute interview. At the end she told me that there were no positions available and that I reach out a significant period later. So I did and followed up with her. She emailed me back with positions available and applied. She emailed me to schedule something and never responded. I emailed her at least five times in the time span of 3 months.

As a HR representative at a highly respected firm, I am utterly shocked at how unprofessional the HR representative is. It's one to say that there aren't any emails, but another to just completely not respond. Very unprofessional HR at such a great company which is unfortunate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by an employee. She told me she forwarded my resume, and that day, I got an email from HR (she was SO great by the way) for a phone screening. The next day we spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. I sent her a thank you email shortly after the phone screening and got a callback to come in for an in-person interview.

I met with the 3 members of the team I was interviewing for (higher levels), and 1 member of a different team. From entrance to exit, the process took about 2 - 2.5 hours. I got the final round callback a week later, which was the writing test. It was 2 short prompts. I enjoyed the challenges, and it was a pretty creative assignment. I took it 2 days after they sent me the callback, and 3 days after, I got a call from HR with an offer.

Naturally, I accepted! I was nervous throughout the entire process as Edelman is a firm I've always wanted to work for, but the actual process was not bad at all. They were SO friendly and very approachable. They make it a conversation, which helps the candidates to loosen up and be themselves.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you couldn't finish a task by a given deadline?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process felt long, after each interview I would wait about a week to hear back. Initial phone screen was followed by an in person interview with a VP and SVP which was engaging and very good. This was then followed with another in person interview with mid level people which was generic and dull. I was also asked to come in for an interview on the same day which was odd. They also sent me a rejection email by mistake.

Interview Questions

Slow response meant that I had another offer in hand by the time they got round to making me an offer. Just felt too slow and bureaucratic.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through the website and got an email from HR within the week to set up an interview. Had my interview the next week at the office, the interviewer was very nice, friendly, and welcoming. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour, it was more conversational then I expected but it made the interview a lot less intimidating. Got the interviewers business card and followed up with them afterwards. It's been almost a month since my interview and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What social media outlets do you follow to stay up to date with current (PR) trends?
      Do you have any experience with paid media?
      Tell me about your previous experiences and what you've learned.
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question