Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well with the HR representative. Was asked to come in and meet with two of the team members and thought the interview had gone well. I emailed them that afternoon to thank all three people and only heard back from one. After several weeks with no response I reached out to the HR representative again and heard nothing in return. I was shocked to learn NYC's top PR firm didn't even have the decency to email me saying they weren't interested or had gone with another person. It was like the whole process hadn't even happened and they fell of the face of the planet. Very weird.

Interview Questions

• All normal questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

Negotiation

I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied for an entry-level position online and then sent my information to the recruiter via e-mail. Was called back a week or two later for a phone screening. I was then asked to go in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 team members during a 2-hour period. I was then asked to come back for a second round interview with the VP of the team and then take a grammar and writing test. They called each of my references and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The writing sample is different for each person, so it could be a press release, client-note, op-ed, byline, etc. Prepare for each!   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I applied through my university's career database and then had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two young women from HR and they asked very standard questions about my resume, teamwork skills, and why I wanted to work for Edelman.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews to meet with 1-2 people at a time; can be stressful if you don't live near by or have a job.

Negotiation

No, it was not negotiable but that was during tougher economic times.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in 2 days, met with 5 different people and then sat for a writing test which included 30 questions on spelling/grammar/etc. and had to write a press release.

Interview Questions

• Can't say I have any unexpected/difficult questions. Everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is characterized by a lack of transparency. You go through countless interviews and don't hear back from them. Recruiters tell you there is an opening and then there is no longer an opening. Not very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with monotone and mundane everyday tasks?   Answer Question