Edelman Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.1

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The assessment centre was pretty 'normal'. Four tasks throughout the day. The first was an individual interview, then a group interview with an open discussion panel, then a group ethics task (standard hot air balloon question). The final task was an interesting, 'the room is the challenge' in your group. You had to follow clues in the room that took you on a journey elsewhere. The day started at 8.30, finished at 4.

Interview Questions

• "how would you deploy a marketing campaign that condemned Trump?" "Who would you hate to be an argument with?"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward interview asking about my experiences and what I am doing with myself now. They explained what the company does and what they are looking for. It is a well known PR agency but their social department is very lauded back and the dress code is casual.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Through the online career portal(Edelman website), I submitted my CV and cover letter and filled in online application form. I had to answer 9 questions for the online application form. I received an email from HR about a month later to schedule a time to have a phone interview. The interview itself was very straightforward and took about 30 mins. I didn't pass to the final round (Assessment Centre).

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What does Edelman do?
      How serious I am about the graduate scheme?
      Tell us how your prior experience sets you up to for success in the future?
      Tell me about a time that you failed?
      Why PR as a career?
      How do your friends describe you?
      Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

As an experienced senior Contract Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist, I judge a company by my own candidate experience from the moment I click the 'Apply' button as that is what the Recruiting / Talent team should be judged on. Edelman sadly rates as just above appalling.

From experience having coached recruiters, the moment you click apply having filled in a lengthy, clunky application via their own ATS system, your application is then forwarded to the relevant recruiter to review. The sad truth that the majority of recruiters are appallingly lazy and out of 100 applicants may only open the first 10. Hence to be in with a chance, you have to find the relevant hiring manager that posted the job and take the time to draft a covering letter to catch their attention to send as in InMail via LinkedIn.

I will give full credit to Nigel Miller (Head of HR EMEA) for taking the trouble to reply. If only Nigel's team were as diligent as it's not his place to be looking after individual roles - I applied 3 weeks ago and despite sending direct Inmails, a connection request and leaving 3 voicemails for the Head Of Recruitment (I will spare your blushes by not naming you) as well as a message with their recruitment co-ordinator, no one on the recruiting team has once tried to call, email or even acknowledged my application.

If this is how amateur the talent department are at hiring for someone on their own team, I would have grave concerns as a hiring manager relying on them to hire the best people into the business.

Interview Questions

• My application, despite ticking every box in the job description requirements and told that "Your background looks terrific" by the Head of HR EMEA was never followed up, replied to or even acknowledged by the Head Of Recruitment or their team.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Put forward for the role by a recruitment agency. I went through two subsequent interviews. The first with my Line Manager to be and then secondly by the person that I was replacing.

On the back of the two interviews I was offered the role and commenced work after my notice period had expired.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions - it was all related to by CV and achievements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation was entered into - Edelman were't that flexible in terms of what was offered.

Edelman Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview consisted of meeting several people in the team followed by your direct report. The final stage was very odd, most of the time was spent with your potential boss talking about themselves. You have to interrupt to mention your selling points otherwise interview will end without you talking. You get a sense that you are not really being listened to when talking about key qualities that you will will bring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation in terms of salary. Not flexible. Think before signing the contract.
    In the end the company did not match expectations for a global PR firm.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a first interview where I was spoken to by three senior members of staff. The questions mainly focused on my work history up to that point. I was then invited back for a second interview where I was asked to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a public relations campaign you have run in the past.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Great interview, friendly and interested to learn more about you and your career goals. Seems like a great company to work for. Interviewees seemed to love their job and genuinely interested in their applicants.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

presentation on a current client, one to one meeting with a senior manager and people at your level, nothing out of the ordinary. there is also a personality test

Negotiation

I had to accept the salary offered