Edelman Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online then a few weeks later got an email to set up a preliminary HR interview. Then the next day had a Skye interview with one of the Directors. They were really nice and willing to talk and answer questions. I followed up a few weeks later and always got an immediate response. However they took longer than they said to send out offers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume -general resume and experience questions   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I began as a consultant and saw an opportunity to create a position that did not exist, but was sorely needed. I proposed it to the President of the division, he was open to it, and we detailed the role together.

Interview Questions

• Given where you are in life, are you sure you want to focus your energies on this role?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within the week. After trading emails we scheduled a phone interview. The talent recruiter was very easy going and personable. I felt like the phone interview was used as a personality gauge more than an experience gauge. My in-person interview was conducted with the Sr. Producer, Creative Director, and Group Creative Director.

Interview Questions

• How has your prior experience prepared you for where you are in your career now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview for the internship was strenuous. It involved a phone screening initially and was then followed by four in-person interviews. It was never made abundantly clear who I was interviewing with, the interviewers introduced themselves too quickly and always seemed rushed. Only one of them had reviewed my resume prior to the interview. Overall, everyone in the office that I interacted with appeared stressed, uninterested, and even disorganized. There was no enthusiasm for their internship program.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview experience was brief and somewhat informative - they learned much more about me than I did about the company or the kind of work I'd be doing or the kinds of clients I'd be working with. I did get the opportunity to speak with several team members for a brief period of time, including an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous client experience and any existing relationships.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The individual who reached out to me was very friendly, and we talked about the position and the company at length first and then I came to the New York office for an interview. I able to meet with people from the department I applied for along with others from departments I was curious about. I talked to some amazing people and we ended up having a very natural conversation, nothing forced.

It's a cliche, but ultimately, as long as you just be yourself and talk about what you're interested in, you shouldn't find any difficulty with the interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Through the online career portal, I submitted my resume and cover letter and answered a few basic questions. I was contacted by a recruiter about a week later to schedule a time to come in for an interview. The interview itself was very straightforward - the recruiter asked me to walk through my resume and then threw some simple behavioral questions my way. Nothing in the interview was out of the ordinary. I received an offer about six weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter and the following interview was split into several people working on the team I will work with. The initial interview was over Skype and very brief, more of a "get to know you" type interview. The following interviews with team members were more comprehensive on my skills and what I would work on.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience that would suit you for working with *these clients* or *this team* ?   Answer Question