Edelman Public Relations Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 630 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2019

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by an Edelman recruiting coordinator for a phone call. After the phone call, I was invited to participate in a video call interview with the team, which involved meeting with 4 members.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to "manage up."
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2018

Interview

The application process began by discovering the internship opening online. Applied online and received an invitation for a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was conducted and the outcome was reported after 3 days

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Edelman

Application

I interviewed at Edelman

Interview

Was contacted by email after submitting my application. Set up a phone screening that went well - asked all the typical questions but also had a few that I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think the biggest challenge the PR industry is facing right now?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in Feb 2018

Interview

Interview consisted of an HR rep asking basic questions about my resume and experience. He bluntly told me that over 1100 people applied for the internship and it was very competitive, but that he liked me.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give me a run-down of your experiences on your resume?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2018

Interview

Asked me questions about why I was passionate about PR and how I saw myself progressing at the company. Got back to me about 2 weeks later, contacted me through phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Edelman

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in Feb 2015

Interview

I was referred by an Edelman employee. I had to complete an online application and I was then contacted by an Human Resources employee to schedule a Skype call. The interview was very straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • Very basic interview questions ie: What is PR to you? Why Edelman? etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Singapore) in Feb 2015

Interview

I applied online, and received a reply promptly asking me for come for an interview. The interviewers were very friendly. Interview process was simple and quick - no tricky questions to answer. There were 2 people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Edelman

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman

Interview

It started with a phone screening from HR. I later had a panel interview with 3 people at Edelman. The conversation was light, asking about background, interest in PR and why I wanted to work there. The SAE wasn't as friendly. The two other AEs were nice - and seemed more approachable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in Jan 2014

Interview

I interviewed for two different entry level PR positions at two different offices: New York and Washington D.C. New York's office was looking for someone in entertainment, while D.C. was in healthcare. I was interested in the entertainment role, as that was my area of study, but I agreed to interview in D.C. as well at the recruiter's request. I unfortunately had a very dissatisfactory experience with both interviews. In New York, I did a first round interview, which went well, and I was invited back. I traveled to New York for a follow up interview, and when I met with the interviewer was immediately asked for my portfolio. I did not have a portfolio (this was the first mention of one) and the interview was promptly ended. I had paid my own way on both occasions, purchasing plane tickets, hotels, etc. I followed up several times with both people whom had interviewed me and never received a response. My interview in the D.C. office was pretty terrible, as I am not interested in healthcare in a professional capacity and was admittedly a very bad fit for the position. I still had to sit and take a general knowledge quiz at the close of the interview. Overall, I spend a few hundred dollars of my own money to do these interviews, but in the end it very much felt like recruiters trying to fill a quota rather than taking the time to match candidates with the job requirements. At the very least, I would have appreciated a response email. Very disappointing for a company that I otherwise thought very positively of.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman in Sep 2011

Interview

Two face-to-face interview (1 with HR and 1 with team). Formal writing and grammar tests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews