Edelman Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Edelman Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin. They responded after 1 week requesting a phone interview. They called me in for an in-person interview where I spoke with 3 different people. Took about 3 weeks to call me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenging situation that you faced in the work place or in life and describe how you dealed with it. What do you want to get out of Edelman. Why did you choose to apply for Edelman. What were some of your favorite courses in college?   Answer Question

Account Executive - Corporate and Financial Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Shortly after submitting an online application, I was contacted by an HR rep based in Seattle. The interview process began with an initial phone screening. While slow to respond, the HR contact was pleasant and helpful.
    After this call (wherein I was told I'd be contacted next-day to schedule an in person) there was a gap of over a week wherein the interviewer was unresponsive.
    Eventually the interview was scheduled and conducted. I met with two people and discussed my background and the role.
    Afterward, another week of unresponsiveness from the company. All in all, a somewhat frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• They inquired about social media fluency, willingness to perform "less glamorous" parts of the job, as well as desire to learn more about the financial services sector.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an acquaintance at Edelman who liked it, so I sent in an application. I was had a phone interview, a short writing exercise, and one in-person interview with a VP and two SVPs. The people I met with were professional, nice, and attentive. They answered my questions openly and there was a good back and forth. I work with them now and the interviews were a good representation of who they are and the work. The writing exercise seemed relevant, but I'm not sure anyone actually looked at it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would apply to this position?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Probably the best and most organized interview process I've been through in my 10 year career. No hard case study or brain teaser questions. Everyone I spoke with wanted to be helpful and answer questions I had. It was nice because people seemed to have spent time looking at my resume before they entered the room which is rare. I was told I was going to need to take a grammar test but it never happened. The recruiting coordinator was SO nice and explained how the process would work every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in the 6 months in between your last jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for a higher base salary since I had much more experience than required for the position as well as an advanced degree but they did not concede. I was offered a very small signing bonus instead.

Creative Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

My initial communication with the recruiter was great. She responded to my emails quickly, set up a phone screening, and in less than a week I was meeting with other dept. managers. We had a informal coffee date to do a personality check and soon after I was called in to meet with my potential manger.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a number and got it.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied to Edelman for an open Account Executive position in June through the website and never heard anything.

In October, I was invited to attend a recruiting event and at the time, was far along in the interview process somewhere else and almost didn't attend. It was my first smoozing event, so I was a little uncomfortable, but I attended. I was impressed with the employees I met there, and the recruiters were really open and friendly, and helped determine what level I would be appropriate for, what I'm interested in and introduced me to people. After the event, I followed up with everyone I met with a nice note, including the recruiter.

The recruiter asked me back for an informational interview, where I met with more people from the company, learned a little bit more about what they do, and had an opportunity to pitch myself a little bit. I was again impressed with the people at the company that I met. This took place at the end of October. The recruiter was very forthcoming with information, noting that there wasn't a position open at my level yet, but there are expecting it to open soon.

In November, I was called in to actually interview for the Senior Account Executive position. The fabulous recruiter was detailed with who I would be meeting with, so I was sure to check out my interviewers Linkedin profiles and do a quick search to have an idea of who I would be meeting with. The interviews went well and right before Thanksgiving, I was asked to come back again to take a spelling and grammar test, and submit a timed writing sample.

Then the holidays were upon us. It took until January for them to actually get back to me with a final YOU GOT THE JOB! and an offer letter, but I was so happy when it finally came. So often when applying for jobs, people are unresponsive and blow you off, but this wasn't the case with my Edelman experience. The recruiter kept me in the loop throughout December and was very kind to ease my distress--it was the holidays and so many decision makers were understandably out of the office with their families.

Over all, I had a very positive experience with the interview and hiring process at Edelman and it just goes to show that good things are worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel your worst quality is? An area that you can work on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy. During my informational interview and my actual interview the recruiter and I discussed salaries and my offer set me in a good position for promotions and raises.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial communication with HR was very friendly and polite. Phone Interview first to discuss areas of interest. Follow-up call about one week later regarding potential match. Three rounds of in-person interviews across three or four weeks. Everyone in the office was respectful and professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience creating and distributing press releases?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Really smooth interview process. The HR department was responsive and always answered emails and phone calls promptly. Everything went well until the offer came through and they were not willing to negotiate on salary or benefits. Oddly, was given the hard sell and guilt trip when I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Compensation package, asked for 2-3K more and was rejected.

Social Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I found the position on Linked In and applied even though it was in San Francisco and I currently reside in Chicago. The Recruiters were very prompt in responding to my application and started the process. From then on everything moved rather quickly, which was a releif to me. Everyone was great about getting the interviews scheduled and completed, which told me that I was high on everyone's priority list. In total I spoke with 5 people in separate offices across the country, which can get tricky when dealing with multiple schedules across multiple time zones. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating and put me at ease, making each conversation just that, a conversation rather than an interrogation.
    All in all I would say that the process was very positive and everyone was accomodating to my schedule, allowed plenty of time for my questions, and we very personable. I am very excited about this opportunity and I can't wait to get started!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was the in the writing test portion-   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a short screening call with the recruiter, followed by an interview with two junior staff, then a third with the hiring manager. I then had to come into the office for a timed writing and editing test on a subject related to the work I'd be doing. I was offered the job the day after the writing test, and the whole process was about a week long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very simple and it didn't take much - be prepared to justify your salary with research on competitor pay and what industry analysts say.