Edelman Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Met with several members of the team. The process was nice and straightforward. Questions are mostly around your previous experiences. Writing skills matter. All team members are very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

A person in HR reached out to me on LinkedIn about a position in the Sacramento office. The process started with a phone screen with the HR person who reached out to me in mid-October. About a week after that, I got a message from them saying that they were delaying hiring for that position until the next year. When I saw the position posted again in December I re-applied and reached out to the HR person again. Had a second phone screening with them. Set up a a series of three one on one in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you've had to test your resilience.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Received a robo email from an HR person about a position I didn't even finish applying for, but I decided to take the initial HR interview anyways. After having the call, the HR staff member was insistent that I'd hear back within the next week. Followed up the next week and I was emailed back right away saying they'd be in touch very soon. After almost 4 months of radio silence had gone by and after accepting another position, I finally received another robo email that I was no longer being considered. Four months later. When there are plenty of PR agencies out there vying for talented employees, it's certainly not a good look to be impersonal and incompetent.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview experience was brief and somewhat informative - they learned much more about me than I did about the company or the kind of work I'd be doing or the kinds of clients I'd be working with. I did get the opportunity to speak with several team members for a brief period of time, including an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous client experience and any existing relationships.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for an interview. took an exam at the office. two senior managers for the practice sat down with me. they payed good cop, bad cop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted csv and was contacted about opening within 2 weeks. Set up phone call with recruiter that went very well and scheduled in person interview for following week.

Was set up with 2 VPs for half hour each. Questions were pretty standard, but it was tough trying to rehash the same answers for the second part of the interview. The overall vibe seemed to be a bit negative, and I never felt like I was asked about the attributes I could bring to the job (see below questions).

I did a little further research and found the job posting had been open for nearly 5 months prior. Although I was told the role needed to be filled in the next 2-3 weeks on the phone screen, I heard nothing for nearly a month. After following up multiple times, I was told the firm was moving forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process from the HR standpoint was not very streamlined or organized. Did have a quick screening phone interview, which was fine; was brought in and met with 3 team members, which ran over by 30 minutes; was brought in to meet 2 more team members, and one didn't even show up. Overall, questions were fairly easy to answer and the actual people were very nice and personable.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Woman admittedly knew nothing about search, mobile, or display, only knew how to suggest social ideas. But the company has placed her as the Vice President of digital strategy. This company is pretty dumb. To be honest I took the job because I realized I'd be the smartest person there by far and could get away with pretty much anything. This has very much been the case. Don't take a position here unless you're okay getting bored and complacent.

Interview Questions

• "What would a good KPI be for a company running a Search campaign?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pushed back once and immediately got what I asked for. They will always severely low-ball you as it's a PR firm and they're used to asking college students to join their ranks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was seamless and quick! I participated in 2 phone screens - one with HR/Recruiter and one with a VP. Following, I came into the office for a series of half hour interviews with several account members of different levels. Finally, I completed 2 timed tests (one grammar test and one mock PR plan exam). A few days later I received my offer letter. HR was in touch the entire time and answered all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the toughest manager you've ever had and how you successfully managed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Looking back, I didn't negotiate as much as I should have.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

Employee set up an informational interview for me with HR. Just so happens they had a position the recruiter thought I was well-suited for--so she set me up with a brief interview on the spot. Afterwards I was brought in for a formal interview with team, where I also took a writing test.

Interview Questions

• DC is a city filled with people of conviction. Public relations and public affairs for a global company can mean doing business for groups whose views may differ starkly from your own...it's important to think about whether you willing to tow the line regardless, before you sit down. Also, depending on the account, you may need to brush up on your issues...once you're in the door, you are expected to be an expert...whether that's healthcare, policy, energy, etc. or all of the above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate. I took a pay cut to get the job. But Edelman rewards high performers, and if that's you, you can catch up pretty quickly.