Edelman Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edelman Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Really smooth interview process. The HR department was responsive and always answered emails and phone calls promptly. Everything went well until the offer came through and they were not willing to negotiate on salary or benefits. Oddly, was given the hard sell and guilt trip when I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Compensation package, asked for 2-3K more and was rejected.

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in July 2007.

Interview

I was interviewed by in-house HR about the position. I spoke to the HR person about the position. I was invited in to a 1:1 interview with someone in the practice. After that meeting, I was asked to take a writing test to see if my skills were up to par for the job. I was called about a week later letting me know they had found another candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer and HR did not ask any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Panel interview with Account Sup and VP on the phone, in-person with AS and VP in person, and writing test.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with the media?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in July 2007.

Interview

A woman I worked with at my previous job passed along my resume and mentioned I would be interested in relocating to New York. The head of the division called me to ask if I could "swing by and meet some people." I'm not sure if anything formal was ever arranged. I met with four different people, each for 30 minutes. They asked some general questions about my resume and one of them explicitly told me I should probably go work in D.C. instead of New York.
    After the interviews, I took a quick AP style test and timed writing test. It was a single open-ended question and was easy enough, but no one told me about it until it was starting.
    Honestly, if I hadn't had connections within the company to give me a better sense of how things worked, I doubt I would have wanted the job. That said, I LOVE working at Edelman.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a lot out of negotiation, mostly by playing softball with them. They increased my title once I demonstrated that I had additional experience

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied to Edelman for an open Account Executive position in June through the website and never heard anything.

In October, I was invited to attend a recruiting event and at the time, was far along in the interview process somewhere else and almost didn't attend. It was my first smoozing event, so I was a little uncomfortable, but I attended. I was impressed with the employees I met there, and the recruiters were really open and friendly, and helped determine what level I would be appropriate for, what I'm interested in and introduced me to people. After the event, I followed up with everyone I met with a nice note, including the recruiter.

The recruiter asked me back for an informational interview, where I met with more people from the company, learned a little bit more about what they do, and had an opportunity to pitch myself a little bit. I was again impressed with the people at the company that I met. This took place at the end of October. The recruiter was very forthcoming with information, noting that there wasn't a position open at my level yet, but there are expecting it to open soon.

In November, I was called in to actually interview for the Senior Account Executive position. The fabulous recruiter was detailed with who I would be meeting with, so I was sure to check out my interviewers Linkedin profiles and do a quick search to have an idea of who I would be meeting with. The interviews went well and right before Thanksgiving, I was asked to come back again to take a spelling and grammar test, and submit a timed writing sample.

Then the holidays were upon us. It took until January for them to actually get back to me with a final YOU GOT THE JOB! and an offer letter, but I was so happy when it finally came. So often when applying for jobs, people are unresponsive and blow you off, but this wasn't the case with my Edelman experience. The recruiter kept me in the loop throughout December and was very kind to ease my distress--it was the holidays and so many decision makers were understandably out of the office with their families.

Over all, I had a very positive experience with the interview and hiring process at Edelman and it just goes to show that good things are worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel your worst quality is? An area that you can work on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy. During my informational interview and my actual interview the recruiter and I discussed salaries and my offer set me in a good position for promotions and raises.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

Employee set up an informational interview for me with HR. Just so happens they had a position the recruiter thought I was well-suited for--so she set me up with a brief interview on the spot. Afterwards I was brought in for a formal interview with team, where I also took a writing test.

Interview Questions

• DC is a city filled with people of conviction. Public relations and public affairs for a global company can mean doing business for groups whose views may differ starkly from your own...it's important to think about whether you willing to tow the line regardless, before you sit down. Also, depending on the account, you may need to brush up on your issues...once you're in the door, you are expected to be an expert...whether that's healthcare, policy, energy, etc. or all of the above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate. I took a pay cut to get the job. But Edelman rewards high performers, and if that's you, you can catch up pretty quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process from the HR standpoint was not very streamlined or organized. Did have a quick screening phone interview, which was fine; was brought in and met with 3 team members, which ran over by 30 minutes; was brought in to meet 2 more team members, and one didn't even show up. Overall, questions were fairly easy to answer and the actual people were very nice and personable.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Woman admittedly knew nothing about search, mobile, or display, only knew how to suggest social ideas. But the company has placed her as the Vice President of digital strategy. This company is pretty dumb. To be honest I took the job because I realized I'd be the smartest person there by far and could get away with pretty much anything. This has very much been the case. Don't take a position here unless you're okay getting bored and complacent.

Interview Questions

• "What would a good KPI be for a company running a Search campaign?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pushed back once and immediately got what I asked for. They will always severely low-ball you as it's a PR firm and they're used to asking college students to join their ranks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was seamless and quick! I participated in 2 phone screens - one with HR/Recruiter and one with a VP. Following, I came into the office for a series of half hour interviews with several account members of different levels. Finally, I completed 2 timed tests (one grammar test and one mock PR plan exam). A few days later I received my offer letter. HR was in touch the entire time and answered all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the toughest manager you've ever had and how you successfully managed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Looking back, I didn't negotiate as much as I should have.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Received a robo email from an HR person about a position I didn't even finish applying for, but I decided to take the initial HR interview anyways. After having the call, the HR staff member was insistent that I'd hear back within the next week. Followed up the next week and I was emailed back right away saying they'd be in touch very soon. After almost 4 months of radio silence had gone by and after accepting another position, I finally received another robo email that I was no longer being considered. Four months later. When there are plenty of PR agencies out there vying for talented employees, it's certainly not a good look to be impersonal and incompetent.