Edelman Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 630 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Edelman

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman in Oct 2020

Interview

Recruited by company, Talent Management interviews (at least 2), Hiring Manager Interview . All are virtual now as the offices are not open. Many of the roles are available as virtual.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for a company that has been known as a PR company?
    Answer Question

Edelman

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman in May 2016

Interview

Very casual and very friendly. Team asked good questions and was very open about the role and what to expect. No trick questions. Writing test happened after the fact and was fairly straightforward and easy. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY)

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter via email in response to online resume submission and scheduled a phone interview. After discussing background, scheduled a formal interview that took place about two weeks later. Had great and straightforward interviews with two team members, about 15 min each, covering my experience, accomplishments, explaining position and client.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Edelman

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Edelman in Oct 2014

Interview

Process included a screening call and ~five interviews. I was told that I was a finalist for the position to be decided within the week but never received a response after a couple of attempts for a status update. I was diligent with follow up thank you notes and even lent some ideas and sent resources to the team. In hindsight, there were some comments made during the process that were very dysfunctional, i.e. boss of the hiring manager telling me that he disagreed with how the hiring manager was doing the job. Nearly two months later the position is still open.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to comment on the quality of work done by this part of the company by the boss of the hiring manager. When I said I thought it was thorough and a strong start the hiring manager's boss said "I think it sucks." Nice, eh?

Edelman

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman

Interview

A recruiter found me, HR was very receptive after an initial interview. I had an inperson interview scheduled within a week. There were many rounds of interviews with all levels of employees. Also a writing test and personality test. They were very willing to work around my schedule and for each round provided multiple times to meet.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the reasons that you have been rejected for a new business deal?

Edelman

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman in Aug 2013

Interview

Brief introductory phone chat with recruiter, followed by in-person interviews with executives. It was a fairly informal series of conversations, very relaxed and congenial. Since the job was newly created and without precedent, they weren't able or willing to say very much about what it would be like or what to expect. They didn't ask very much if anything about my past experience. It was designed more to get to know me and establish chemistry, which made it very comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

I was connected with a recruiter who conducted a phone interview immediately, then had several in-person interviews with key leaders and the team I would ultimately manage. Overall, the process was pretty straightforward and fair. However, the interview process took FOREVER and sometimes I didn't get much information during the lag time, so I pursued other options. Negotiate upfront well before you get your offer.

Interview Questions
  • We're a curious culture. Give me examples of how you've shown curiousity in the past month at work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in May 2013

Interview

I applied through the website and heard back from HR a few days later. They asked me to drive to their Chicago offices (I live about four hours away) to interview with some people. The HR assistant was SUPER friendly and welcoming, and very helpful with any questions I had, although the receptionist seemed a little cold. I first met with two senior level managers in a group interview. They told me upfront that they didn't think I was quite ready for the role I was interviewing for, but that they had a position one level down that they felt I would be ideal for. That was a little awkward, but I appreciated their candor. Then I met with three other people (about a half hour each). About a week later HR did a phone interview with me, then asked me to come to Chicago AGAIN for another day of interviews -- four more people for half an hour each. Everyone was lovely, smart and welcoming, but I was surprised that the company never offered to reimburse me for travel -- I'd spent a total of 16 hours driving for these interviews (several tanks of gas), plus had to pay for parking each visit, which is $40 in the building. Anyway, I had two more phone interviews the next week, and then the head HR person called me and said, "We're going to make you an offer next week" and then he proposed a tentative start date of three weeks from that day. I was actually sort of annoyed because this was a Friday, and now I was in this weird limbo of knowing I was going to get an offer -- but not knowing how much they were going to offer me -- AND panicking because this meant I would have to relocate to Chicago within three weeks. I felt it was a little disrespectful to sort of tease me like that. He then said I needed to complete a personality test and skills test online. The skills test surprised me - there was a TON of math (algebra and higher), which seemed odd considering this is a PR job. Here's where the experience went sort of badly -- the following week, the one the HR guy promised he would call to make me the formal offer -- came and went without any contact from them. Mind you, my start date is now two weeks away and I still haven't been presented with the formal offer -- and I still have to relocate. So I emailed him and asked if he knew when he would have the offer. He promised he'd have it by the middle of next week. That next week came and went and still nothing. Now we're ONE week away from my tentative start date. I emailed him AGAIN and he finally said, "So sorry, I just got approval on your offer, I'll call you about it shortly." I expected to get the call within hours. Instead, he called THREE days later. The offer itself was pretty low considering the senior level position and my experience, and it didn't include any relocation, even though they had stalled for three weeks and wanted me out there ASAP. I countered for more money and relocation, and he came back a few days later with $2k in relocation (I would have to front the money, they would reimburse me) but wouldn't budge on salary. When I eventually turned down the offer, he was really quite rude with me and said, "Well, it would have been nice to know this earlier so we could have looked at other candidates." Um, what?? How was I supposed to know I was going to turn down the offer until you actually MADE me an offer? The people and culture seemed awesome, but the hiring experience was surprisingly unprofessional considering how massive the company is, and the salary and relo money were really low.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Was contacted through Linkedin. Had interview within two weeks and quick follow-up

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Mateo, CA) in Jan 2013

Interview

Excellent and economic interview experience. Two phone interviews and two on site interviews to meet with seven people. Interviewers were punctual, knowledgeable, gracious, and direct. Each meeting led to increased interest in the firm.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews