Edelman Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Digital Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website and got an email from an HR Intern the same day to set up a phone call. Had a short phone call with the HR Intern the next morning and she emailed me that afternoon to ask my availability for an in-person interview. That interview took place exactly one week later in the DC office and lasted 30 minutes. I was interviewed by two senior individuals, one who would become my manager. I went through my resume and portfolio to show them some of my past experience and they shared more about working as an intern at Edelman. The following Monday, I got a call from the recruiter to let me know I got an offer! This was by far the smoothest interview process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Corporate Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was lengthy. It took several weeks after application to get a call from HR, and then several more weeks to get a call from the hiring team. Despite that, both HR and the corporate affairs team were very kind and accomodating. They were very impressed that I had applied for multiple jobs with Edelman, so they definitely appreciate a go-getter attitude. Basically we went over my resume and then they asked me a few questions. The entire process took a little less than a hour.

AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

Referred by a friend and was contacted by a recruiter within days. Had a phone interview and the recruiter was very helpful and friendly, asked basic questions. Set up a time to come into the office to meet with some of the team in two groups, then was asked to come back in about two weeks later for about 3 hours to meet with the rest of the team in four separate interviews, including senior management, and then to take the writing test. Everyone was very friendly and easy to speak with, asked pretty standard questions. About a week later, said the position was put on hold, and would follow up next month. Checked in a few months later after hearing nothing and they said the opportunity was closed. Positive experience overall in the beginning, just seemed like a lot of time invested for a position that ended up being closed and then received no follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, Why Edelman, relevant experiences to this role, etc. Very conversational   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn and after a lengthy back and forth, we set up a phone interview. The call itself was pleasant, more of a "get-to-know-you" kind of conversation than a "let's-test-your-qualifications" interview. No really hard questions, but the recruiter was very enthusiastic about her team, really hyping up how great the team is. After we hung up, I sent her a thank-you note. And that was the last contact. Never heard back from her or the company, which I found disappointing (not about not getting an offer, just that there was no follow-up at all; surprising for a PR company, I'd say).

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and salary requirements   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a quick phone interview. That was followed by three separate half hour in-person interviews. A few weeks later, I was contacted to do a writing test and two additional interviews. All were fairly straight forward and HR stayed in touch throughout the process. That said, the process was time consuming and I thought it was a lot for them to ask for candidates to come in for two and a half hours at a time in the middle of the day/work week.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and standard - all usual questions asked. I came in and met with three future supervisors for a total of about 30 minutes and then was asked to take a grammar test.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter before I was contacted for an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I met with two junior staffers and one Vice President on my team. Each interview was around half an hour long and was pretty informal.

Digital Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, was able to contact HR directly and then set up an interview for the following week. Prior the exiting the location, I was asked to complete a reading and writing test which took less than one hour. Post-interview, I stayed in contact with HR and was able to hear a confirmation within one week.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

The turnaround for hearing from Edelman was actually pretty quick for me. Within a day of submitting my application and sending an email with my resume I was on the phone with an HR interviewer, who was very friendly. The questions were standard, no out-of-the-blue or hardball stuff. I was then passed on to interview over the phone (I wasn't in the city at the time) with a couple of account people that I would be working with and was placed on a specific team, which are divided according to topic (health, corporate, energy, etc.). It all happened within a few days, and they wanted me to start right away, which was a bit stressful. But overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your time when you have competing deadlines for different projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate for the intern position

; Full=time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

one to two individuals from the hiring team will meet to talk through resume and generally start a dialogue to get to know the candidate and determine good fit

Interview Questions

• What are you interested to learn from this experience?   Answer Question