EdgeCast Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2016

3.1

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Panel of individuals from generic culture to deep networking. It was alot of people ... all smart so don't pretend to know. if you don't know say so. lead with integrity.

Interview Questions

• Drew a diagram and asked how the routes worked   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Playa del Rey, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Technical round was not planned properly. Engineers who took the interview came late and asking the same questions their peers had asked earlier. This shows there is no coordination between the team as even being in the team the engineers work independently. I would suggest them asking questions related to the position instead of asking irrelevant basic stuff?

Interview Questions

• How BGP works? IBGP vs eBGP?
      What is Anycast?
      What is VPN? Define IP Sec?
      How layer-2 frames are forwarded? Seriously? This is one of the irrelevant questions asked which was not required as it was simple but caused confusion because when you are asking high level BGP operation how can you fall back and ask Layer-2 traffic flow?
      1 Answer

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before coming onsite. When i got onsite, the team seemed to have no idea why I was there and the manager was too preoccupied with his email to look at me during the interview. The team was all over the place with their questions and seemed to have no direction or idea as to what they were looking for. After wasting my time bringing me onsite the recruiter never followed up with me, even after I sent a follow up email a few weeks later. I obviously knew at that point I was not a fit, but I think I deserved a courtesy call (or at least an email). As a recruiter, you should be comfortable with politely rejecting candidates, not avoiding them. To add, even the culture/atmosphere onsite was not welcoming. Terrible experience overall.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Playa Vista, CA).

Interview

First interview was somewhat technical. Also threw various support scenarios for their application as well. Eventually the team was undecided. Came back for a second interview which as a lot more relaxed. Less technical questions more support scenarios. Promised position, but due to funding was declined an offer. Negative experience due to the indecisiveness of upper management on the hiring process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was first contacted by their recruiter a few days later, then went through a pretty light phone screen, then on to a 3 hour on site interview meeting about 5-6 people. The interview itself was quite enjoyable since they let me talk a lot about my previous experience and projects and did not focus so much on things like whiteboarding and coding puzzles. The HR staff was also very friendly and helpful. Although unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, I really liked the atmosphere and attitude of the people working there and it does seem like a great place to work.

Lead Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter, then went through a phone screen, then on to a 2 hour on site interview meeting about 7-8 people. They were friendly and great people and the interview itself was quite enjoyable. I recommend the company.

Core Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. They scheduled a phone interview . But the hiring manager didn't call me at the scheduled time. I sent an email to the recruiter to find out what happened. Because they wasted my money time and made me wait for the call. The recruiter never bothered to reply back to my email. This is so unethical of them . I am utterly disappointed.

NOC Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Playa Vista, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending my resume to a friend that currently works for Edgecast (now known as Verizon Digital Media Services), the recruited called me a couple weeks later to set up an in-person interview. The first interview involved interviewing with multiple leaders within the NOC on a 1-on-1 basis. After the first interview, the recruiter would call back to set up a second interview with upper management.

Then, finally, if you passed the interview, the recruiter will submit a verbal offer and then set up the usual background check.

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

I applied through Verizon website and i was called because the recruiter said some managers liked my resume. I got a phone interview and it seems the recruiter was not quite familiar with some technical skills i discussed but she kind of thought i had some experience working on cool stuffs. I got an appointment date for skype interview. The first hardship i had was with the wi-fi connection from their end. I think it was preety bad. Secondly, the first 2 interviewers were great and they asked about my knowledge of the company which i was able to answer because I had researched about them. I was thrown out by the last interviewer who was a little unfriendly. He asked me to describe HTTP header. I was alittle taken back by this question because although i am quite familiar with HTTP protocol I've never taken note of the packet header.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to describe HTTP packet header.   1 Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, starting with recruiter phone call, in-person interviews, technical and non-technical questions, 2nd interview spoke with director and other team managers to see where my path would lead if I were to join. Eventually we found it wasn't going to be the best fit. Always good to get out there and interview with companies that you believe in what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why would I want to move from my current position, which turned out to be higher than the one I was applying to, and it turned out to not be a good a fit.   Answer Question