Edina Public Schools Middle School Language Arts Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edina Public Schools Middle School Language Arts Teacher Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edina Public Schools

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Middle School Language Arts Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edina Public Schools (Edina, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview with with the principal and one teacher. They were very organized, and took turns asking me questions from a pre-printed sheet of questions. They were friendly and welcoming. The office was neat and the furnishings and office equipment were up-to-date. There was only one interview and then they checked my references. The culture of the school and community is one where there are high expectations of students and teachers, which I liked very much. The principal supports the teachers when they grade in such a way as to hold the students to high standards--their is no grade inflation here. The students are polite and the atmosphere in the halls is lively but controlled. Policies and procedures are designed to support teachers in their work, allowing time to meet with other teachers to share ideas of how to best work with students.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who was acting out in class?   Answer Question
  • How do you address the different learning needs of each student?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Teachers Union negotiates all that--wages already set up.