Education Advisory Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Education Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.1

Consultant Interview

Interview

I went through many rounds of interviews, performance assessments, etc. at EAB. They drug out the interview process for months and seemed very disorganized. I wondered if a job was even available by the time I reached the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• the case interview questions were all very different, seemed to vary a lot by the interviewer   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and received invitation for phone screen after one week. The phone screening is standard, e.g., walking through resume, why this company, why this position, research experience. Few weeks later was contacted for a 90 minutes writing test and a 60 minutes case/fit interview. The writing test is reasonable and I enjoyed the process completing it. The case/fit interview is also enjoyable, as my interviewee is very friendly and professional. The staff I communicate with are very friendly and nice to talk with. Be prepared that they may adjust the position you are applying for through the process based on your performance.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a research project you led. how would you handle different attitudes towards yours.   Answer Question

Entry Level Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

After doing a phone interview, they asked me to come into their office to do an in person interview. During my phone interview, I expressed openness to interviewing with departments other than the one to which I had originally applied, so they told me I would be speaking with two women from the Education department, and two people from the marketing department, with a possible third interview after those. When I got there, I completed the first three (two education people together, then two separate marketing people), and then was told that I would indeed be having a fourth interview, but via skype to speak with someone who was working from home that day. When I finished that one, I thought I was done, but I was informed I actually had one more interview, with someone from the education team. Everyone was very friendly, but doing 5 interviews back to back is exhausting, so I would have appreciated being told upon arrival that there would be 5, not 3 or 4 as indicated in my invitation email.

They said they'd get back to me the next week, but they took two weeks to get in touch, only to schedule a "check in call" to say they really liked me, but that they had to "press pause while they figured things out on my end" which struck me as weird. I heard nothing for two weeks, then was told I didn't get the job.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I had 6 interviews in total over a period of three months. The second was meant to be video but the interviewer could not get her camera working. I then had 3 in person interviews and a final phone interview. I was then contacted by HR who told me my feedback was great and I would have an offer by the following week once salary was agreed but then over a week later I was informed the job no longer existed.

Interview Questions

• Detail a time that you had to take data and make strategic decisions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, was then asked to submit another job application, and scheduled a phone interview with recruiting specialist. From there, it was shared with me that the next step in the process would be to have a video interview that would be behavioral in nature. From there, it would lead to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How you face resistance when drafting a proposal, how to build relationships, asked to explain my experience with more context and detail.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board.

Interview

Passed first two rounds of one on one traditional interview and one case with behavioral questions. Case was not along typical lines but interviewer was very supportive. Most behavioral questions were the normally expected ones.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board in February 2017.

Interview

I heard back from a recruiter within a week after submitting my application. We scheduled a 30 minute initial phone interview about a week later. The interview style was conversational. I had prepared extensively for the interview. I heard back about a week and a half later that they would not be offering me a position. The process was efficient and clear. I was left still feeling unclear what they prioritized for the position. Good process but less clear about what they were looking for for the position.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly unexpected questions. The style was conversational--tell me about yourself, your background, why you are interested in the position, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 minute conversation with a recruiter, who then had me apply for the job and simultaneously offered me an interview in DC. I completed a writing case, then had two fit/case interviews at the office. The cases were simple, but I didn’t feel that I could use my typical case answer format to answer the questions. HUGE delay between each step of the interview process.

Development Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview for about an hour, ask to come and interview in person. There was little communication between the interviews. The in person interview was interesting, was kept waitng for a while. When the interviewer came in, did apologize for being late. The still kept the interview stopping at the end time.

Interview Questions

• What would be your strategy to raise 1 million dollars in a 6 week timeframe?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult employee   Answer Question

Another offer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

First a phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager, then 3 different calls with team members. Then had a half-day of interviews in Washington, DC office. They flew me to DC for the interview which was nice. About a week after that then a follow-up phone call with hiring manager. In order to advance to each stage I had to call and/or email my HR contact, who would then get back to me fairly quickly and then things would move forward. It almost seemed like I had to remind them that they were interviewing me. In the end I declined the offer I was given because we could not reach agreement on compensation. This was frustrating because I was honest about my requirements during the initial phone screen, and then the offer I received was well below that amount. I tried to figure out where the disconnect occurred but the HR specialist was not very forthcoming and seemed largely unwilling (possible unable?) to negotiate.

Overall the company seems pleasant enough to work for, and I know they produce good work. I still have a positive perception of the company overall but the interview process left a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult relationship with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Also had a Consulting case-style session in which they asked me how I would help a college/university solve an enrollment challenge.   Answer Question

Could not come to agreement on salary.