Education Management Corporation Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

Education Management Corporation Interview Questions in Arizona

2.4

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting an online application, and having a phone interview, a face to face interview was the last step. The initial screening of the application took the longest amount of time. That took about 2 weeks. I received an email stating they'd like me to continue further, and they sent a link to an assessment. I was told in the email that I needed to pass this assessment in order to be considered for the next process. Next, I was called by a talent acquisition specialist and he conducted a phone interview. After the phone interview, I met with two people making the final decision on the hiring. I appreciated hearing them say that they would let me know one way or another within 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with you, personally, that you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a talent acquisition team over the phone, then with the Regional Vice President in person. I received emails with process and the recruiters were very prompt and resourceful.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a three part. First over the phone with HR, once you passed that initial screening and online test. You will come in for an interview with one of the managers. Once you pass that you will have a phone interview with another manager. The key is to be you, be smart and be charming.

National Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

you come in answer a few questions and show that your not a crazy person. just relax and be your self unless your weird, then try not to be weird

Interview Questions

• what do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

No real questions were asked other than me inquiring about the position. Seemed like management had already chosen who they were going to hire. The managers did not seem prepared with questions. Lots of awkward moments with silence. I felt that I was carrying the conversation.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the position already, and what questions I had about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

This was a standard interview in which the person you are interviewed by will ultimately become your manager so you hope that they like you. Focus on internal motivation because there is no commission allowed as this is for-profit education.

Interview Questions

• Role Play with Management and "sell" the student on going to school with the Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was just happy to finally get a job.

Technical Support Tier II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Got a call 2 days after submitting resume, and initially did phone interview and then met in person with 4 managers for an interview

Interview Questions

• Most questions were technical questions and they were fairly easy   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to negotiate because they were offering a lower salary than I requested.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interview process moved pretty quickly. Once you get an interview you typically interview with a few managers at the same time. Sometimes they will include someone in the position you are applying for also. The interview process is pretty straight forward asking typical questions like what you know about the company, how you have handled complicated situations in the past, describe scenarios you have worked in that fit the position you're applying for, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a complex project with a tight deadline and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

A lot of phone interviews, including a role play.

Found job closer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

First was a phone interview followed by an in person interview. They want to see that you can talk easily and keep the conversation going.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just salary.