Education Management Corporation Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

If you are contacted by this company don't waste your time . This company has been sold and is completely unorganized .A company based out of California has purchased EDMC and plans are to close the majority of campuses under this umbrella . It's the typical incompetent for profit middle management environment . Word to the the wise fire all of your so called leadership (director level and above) in this building and start over with a new culture and mission .

Interview Questions

• Basic questions nothing more   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Education Management Corporation

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. It is not something I didn't expect seeing as though I have experience in the field already. I would suggest studying your typical interview questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach someone through a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

Very easy at the time I interviewed. They will virtually take anyone with sales experience. The fact that I was referred to the company, might be why i had such an easy interview. Not one hard question. Hired on second interview. I highly suggest that no one accept a position with this company until they get their act together.

Anonymous Employee in Penn Pitt, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Penn Pitt, PA).

Interview

They found me from my resume posted on Monster.com. The "interview" was more like a conversation with a car salesman, the topic was all about the company and very little was discussed about me as a candidate. I had previous employment in sales, that was all they were interested in. Lots of promises made, very few realized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary than originally offered. It was not difficult to do since they were pressuring me to accept the position.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

First step is to come to the campus and listen to a presentation about the company and position. From there you will meet with the President of the campus, along with the Senior Director and Director of Admissions. The local HR Rep is usually there too. You will answer one question in regards to sales. Please understand that EDMC and the Art Institutes are looking for CLOSERS. From there you will be invited back to a 2nd interview where you will do role plays of how you will get someone to go to school. After that an offer is usually made within 48 hours if you're selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Everyone comes in at the same salary.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I was signed up to attend a group information seminar. There were about 10-12 of us and we received information on The Art Institute as a whole, and a little bit about the job itself. From there, we did a quick 5-10 minute sit down with one of the three managers.. very quick/basic questions such as, "do you have a problem with making X amount of phone calls a day?" We were told we would hear back in a few days if they were interested. I heard back later that evening and was asked to come back for an additional interview the next day. That interview was with both the Associates and the Director of Admissions. It was about a 20-30 minute interview if I remember correctly. Initially, I was told the process would take a few weeks, but after I left that interview, I was offered the position a few hours later, however; I did not start the position until a month later--something about starting during a payroll period?

Interview Questions

• They will ask you how you feel about being on the phone and making __ amount of calls per day. If being on the phone is not something you are after, I highly suggest looking elsewhere for a job because that is the majority of what you do. You literally will be either on the phone, or interviewing students/families all day... so you must be outgoing/like to talk a lot!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.. was a set salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is not an honest one. You think you're interviewing to work in an admissions department where you will spend your days interviewing with students and meeting new people day in and day out. However, this is a telemarketing job where you're expected to make 100 calls everyday to hassle students to come in for an interview. The majority of the students who apply can't even afford to take out students loans in the lump sum of $86,000 dollars for a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you did something wrong during a job and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very informal. Just talked with a manager about the role and responsibilities and the atmosphere. He was given questions to ask however he said he did not feel like asking them.
    We then were shown a video/slideshow about the company and schools and role played a phone conversation with a perspective student shortly after. This seemed abrupt as we had no training or experience. I believe they just wanted to see if we were capable of holding a conversation with someone. I was offered a position the next day after only one interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

1 Phone interview and 2 in office interviews

Interview Questions

• Role playing a call pretending to call a student on 1st in office interview. No background or warning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

Did a 30 minute phone interview, met with Sr. Director of admissions, and director of admissions, waited about 1 week to hear back, another week to receive offer letter