Education Management Corporation Financial Aid Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Education Management Corporation Financial Aid Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The process from start to finish took over two weeks. I had a phone screening to start, and then had an interview face to face. From there I had two additional interviews. Everyone I spoke with commented on how impressed they were with my background and assured me I would be a good fit for the position. A week after my last phone interview, I followed up as I noticed the job posting was back up and I hadn't heard anything. I later received a standard email rejection that wasn't even addressed to anyone. It was very frustrating to have so much of my time wasted being led on by these leaders who made me feel very secure with the position, and then not even receive a final answer after four interviews. Incredibly unprofessional. And to be brushed off to another person to send a vague rejection email that they couldn't even bother to type my name into was very dehumanizing. Hate having to ask for rejections.

Interview Questions

• First screening was a review of your resume, skills and past experience. Second interview was just to get to know you. Third interview was role playing and last interview was similar to the second.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Education Management Corporation

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st for 10 minutes with the department chair. 2nd with president 5 minutes after the first one ended and only for 5 minutes. Questions were generic and didn't really pertain to the job itself, but more cultural issues and seemingly to decide if i would fit in with the rest of the team more than if I was qualified to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Why us over IPFW, St. Francis or another school in town.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Here's what we're willing to offer, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Complete application online with personality questionnaire, in person interview. Once offered the position I counter offered the salary based on my experience and relocation from Georgia to Virginia.
    The cost of living is much higher in Virginia.

Interview Questions

• My preferred work environment? Am I self starter? Can work alone as well as with a team? Am I comfortable working with people with various backgrounds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online for position on March 31st. I was contacted on April 19th to come in for an interview on May 4th. I showed up and had to fill out a pretty standard 6 page application before interview (e.g. work history, salary requirements, references, etc.). I met with hiring manager and current employee whom I would've been working alongside. The first interview lasted about an hour, involving only minor discussion about previous work history. The interview really stressed situational behaviors and how I reacted to different situations in previous experiences. I was told that 2nd interviews would be held the following week.

I was contacted 5 hours after initial interview to schedule 2nd interview for May 9th. On second interview, I met with hiring manager, another potential co-worker and head of admissions for school. Interview consisted of more explanation of what the position entailed, more situational/behavioral questions, and then any questions I had for them. Upon completion, I was told I would be contacted the beginning of the following week with their decision.

I was contacted on May 15th by initial HR specialist who had me complete background check information and behavioral questionnaire. Later that day, she called back to offer me the position, pending background check results, and e-mailed me formal offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation where you had a problem with a fellow co-worker?   1 Answer
    • How do handle stress and high-pressure situations in your professional life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. They ask you your salary requirements on the application you fill out before the interview. The offer they made was right on my requirements so nothing had to be done.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

had group interview with three managers/Sr. FAO, they conferred out in the hall, and then I went right up to the second interview with the director. Seemed to go well, then I didn't hear from them for about 2 months. I forgot about them, and then I got a call, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember, nothing really stood out. The 2nd interview with the director was more like a conversation, easy and not tense. we got along well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy, signed a letter. no negotiation needed for me since it was higher pay than my prior position.

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Novi, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Internal move, hiring was a breeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable