Education Management Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview discussion. A few interviewers were more laid back than others. Interviewed with three team members and asked the typical interview questions. Discussed several projects that were in immediate need of completion. Talked about day to day activities and how I would fit in.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was an hour and half long divided into three separate 30 minute interviews with different managers, supervisors, and fellow accountants. Their questions were about general accounting knowledge and technical experience, excel, general ledger, etc. Some of them did more talking than asking questions. It was a rather easy process for someone with adequete accounting knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest experience, work or life, to this point in your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair short and easy.

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone and then invited in for an interview. They are looking for good people skills and great phone sales skills. It's important to be up beat and excited about education and working with people.

Negotiation

The pay is pretty much what they tell you it will be

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. It is not something I didn't expect seeing as though I have experience in the field already. I would suggest studying your typical interview questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach someone through a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

If you are contacted by this company don't waste your time . This company has been sold and is completely unorganized .A company based out of California has purchased EDMC and plans are to close the majority of campuses under this umbrella . It's the typical incompetent for profit middle management environment . Word to the the wise fire all of your so called leadership (director level and above) in this building and start over with a new culture and mission .

Interview Questions

• Basic questions nothing more   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was long. Prepare to role play and be prepared to describe how you would be successful in this particular role. Very thorough and detailed interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very informal. Just talked with a manager about the role and responsibilities and the atmosphere. He was given questions to ask however he said he did not feel like asking them.
    We then were shown a video/slideshow about the company and schools and role played a phone conversation with a perspective student shortly after. This seemed abrupt as we had no training or experience. I believe they just wanted to see if we were capable of holding a conversation with someone. I was offered a position the next day after only one interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is not an honest one. You think you're interviewing to work in an admissions department where you will spend your days interviewing with students and meeting new people day in and day out. However, this is a telemarketing job where you're expected to make 100 calls everyday to hassle students to come in for an interview. The majority of the students who apply can't even afford to take out students loans in the lump sum of $86,000 dollars for a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you did something wrong during a job and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Initial contact in email with link to a skills test then telephone interview whereby a 1:1 interview was scheduled. Upon completion of 1:1 interview, another short phone interview took place, background check ensued and within three days I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous employment and how that will help you be successful in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. Offer in its entirety was firm.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

First step is to come to the campus and listen to a presentation about the company and position. From there you will meet with the President of the campus, along with the Senior Director and Director of Admissions. The local HR Rep is usually there too. You will answer one question in regards to sales. Please understand that EDMC and the Art Institutes are looking for CLOSERS. From there you will be invited back to a 2nd interview where you will do role plays of how you will get someone to go to school. After that an offer is usually made within 48 hours if you're selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Everyone comes in at the same salary.