Education Management Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.4

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

If you are contacted by this company don't waste your time . This company has been sold and is completely unorganized .A company based out of California has purchased EDMC and plans are to close the majority of campuses under this umbrella . It's the typical incompetent for profit middle management environment . Word to the the wise fire all of your so called leadership (director level and above) in this building and start over with a new culture and mission .

Interview Questions

• Basic questions nothing more   1 Answer

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The process from start to finish took over two weeks. I had a phone screening to start, and then had an interview face to face. From there I had two additional interviews. Everyone I spoke with commented on how impressed they were with my background and assured me I would be a good fit for the position. A week after my last phone interview, I followed up as I noticed the job posting was back up and I hadn't heard anything. I later received a standard email rejection that wasn't even addressed to anyone. It was very frustrating to have so much of my time wasted being led on by these leaders who made me feel very secure with the position, and then not even receive a final answer after four interviews. Incredibly unprofessional. And to be brushed off to another person to send a vague rejection email that they couldn't even bother to type my name into was very dehumanizing. Hate having to ask for rejections.

Interview Questions

• First screening was a review of your resume, skills and past experience. Second interview was just to get to know you. Third interview was role playing and last interview was similar to the second.   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Role play interview on site. Interview panel with senior reps, president, and direct boss. Take a tour of the building history of school and campus
    Education
    Time you over came adversity
    Future goals

Interview Questions

• Role play
      Previous experience
      Why would you be good in the role   Answer Question

Negotiation

They responded with a great offer...no need to negotiate

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. It is not something I didn't expect seeing as though I have experience in the field already. I would suggest studying your typical interview questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach someone through a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

A relatively easy process: submitted an application online, received a screening phone interview and then set up the 1:1 interview. A teaching demonstration was scheduled and I taught a 20-minute lesson to10 of the staff and faculty.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

Application
    I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).
    Interview
    It was a two step process but very enjoyable and an easy conversation both times. I interviewed with the director and then the vice president of student experiences. It was also nice to negotiate my salary and also my work hours as well.

Interview

Interview

The entire hiring process consisted of 2 interviews. The first interview was one on one, and the second interview was over the phone.The phone interview went very well and consisted of two supervisors asking various questions. in addition, there was a role-play involved

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Fort Pierce, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

A group interview that required participants to address the whole group and respond to questions. Every applicant had to stand and Introduce themselves and tell why they were hoping to get the job. It was followed by a second, follow-up interview one-on-one that was more specific about trading, job responsilities and salary. After this, there was an online personality test.

Interview Questions

• To identify who we would hire from among the group interview participants and why. Also, typical questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

two interviews. first face to face, second by phone. they do tend to change the process from time to time. the person interviewing you is not necessarily your future manager, as managment is always changing at the company.

Interview Questions

• its very different depending on manager doing the interviewing. They look for whether or not if you are persistent and seeing if you can initiate a sales call to a complete stranger.   Answer Question