Education Management Corporation Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Education Management Corporation Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.3

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was a two step process but very enjoyable and an easy conversation both times. I interviewed with the director and then the vice president of student experiences. It was also nice to negotiate my salary and also my work hours as well.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

two interviews. first face to face, second by phone. they do tend to change the process from time to time. the person interviewing you is not necessarily your future manager, as managment is always changing at the company.

Interview Questions

• its very different depending on manager doing the interviewing. They look for whether or not if you are persistent and seeing if you can initiate a sales call to a complete stranger.   Answer Question

International Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with talent acquisition. The second interview was in person and included meeting the supervisor and department head, a tour of the office. The final interview was over the phone with a remote colleague/supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding work style, work ethic, and some background understanding of regulations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of meeting an Admissions Manager and a Senior level Admissions Manager. There was some role playing about what I'd say to help encourage a potential student to apply for and start their college education. I was already experienced at a competing college, so the interview wasn't particularly hard. I knew that I had got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Let's roleplay, I'll be the potential student and you be the admissions representative. How would you encourage me to apply to college here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application, was called for an in-person interview, and then a follow up telephone interview that included a role play scenario. Generally a very unorganized process. This company is a revolving door... and it's not education. It's sales.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

EDMC is very quick to responses to open positions. Once contacted, a telephone interview is held and then if selected, an initial face to face interview is scheduled soon after. They also have a second interview process with the hiring manager and possibly their team members. They continue to keep you informed throughout all of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about EDMC?   1 Answer

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Received a call from HR rep, had a brief phone discussion then was scheduled for interview. There wasnt very much detail given about the position aside from what the pay amount was... never discussed, benefits etc. Being that the job/company itself wasnt really sold to me in the interview it didnt get me excited to accept the offer because i guess i wasnt fully understanding what was to be expected aside from having a performance agreement to be met. Make sure you ask questions to have a understanding of whats to be expected and benefits.

Interview Questions

• asked about 2 strengths and weaknesses, relaying difficult information, Discussed work history.   Answer Question

A friend of mine worked for this company last year, doing the same job but it was titled differently. She started at 40k under the old title, now that its renamed theyre only offering 34k to those coming in.

Application

Interview

Standard interview process. Standard interview questions. When it comes to salary, there is no negotiating. You will either accept the job at the offered salary or reject it. They are constantly hiring for this position as there is tremendous turnover in the Admissions Department.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions in the interview that were either intimidating and or overly challenging. My best advice is to look and act professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. If you are offered the job you will be presented the salary. It is a take it or leave it scenario only.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Tell me about yourself. What are two things you can improve on? What would you do in a situation when a student no longer has interest in the school? What are you two best qualities?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really no negotiation… they write you up an offer and thats pretty much it. They say your salary will go up after time.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Receive a call from the recruiter, sends test to take, if you pass then you go on to the interview with your potential manager, phone interview, background check and drug test, and receive offer call/email 2 weeks to start date.