Education Pioneers Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then received the invitation to the Excel test, which I completely bombed and was not offered any follow-up interview after that...

While I'm sure many people applying for this position will not find the test difficult, I'll give you my background to help you understand the knowledge I brought and hopefully give you a clue as to whether you may find it difficult or not!

I was an English/Psych undergrad, so I took a social stats course and research methods. I also did undergrad research in social psych and used SPSS to analyze. That was three years ago when I applied, and none of my work experience to date utilized data analysis. In preparation, I did get most of the way through an online Excel course (filtered.com) which gave me a passing familiarity with many of the topics on the test. However, I knew the minute I opened the test that it was a doomed cause.

I did attend a reception for this position and was impressed with the people I met there (alums, other prospectives). I will add that they clearly state they are looking for diversity and did feel that being white would be a hindrance in this application. HOWEVER, this had nothing at all with why I didn't get it, I am sure, because my Excel skills were that bad!

Interview Questions