Education Pioneers Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied last year and the format has changed. Last year (summer 2015) you first had to do an online exercise and answer two short answer questions. The whole process was timed. This year (summer 2016) you still had the online application, but you only had two short answer questions to answer and there was simply a due date. The second stage for both years was a phone interview and the third stage is a group interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mostly behavioral. Tell me a time when you had a different work style than a coworker and how did you handle the situation. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond expectations. Tell me a time you were faced with an ambiguous situation. Something about teamwork. The most BASIC behavioral questions that you can find help to answering on any website. I enjoyed that aspect because I felt prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward.
    1. Fill out an online application

2. Join the online community board

3. If accepted at this stage, set up a phone interview. Mine was with a former alum. Im sure each conversation is different but the general structure is probably similar. It was a 30-45 min phone call. The conversation included:
    a. General welcome and introduction
    b. Outline of the call
    c. Questions about my interest, my background, skillsets. General interview like questions
    d. Time for me to ask a few questions. Not a lot of time so asked 2 questions.
    e. Discuss briefly next steps.
    All very standard stuff. I liked that the person I had made it more of a conversation. He took time at moments to write notes

4. It is encouraged to attend webinars they set up based on your background- business, education, technology, etc... You get to listen to 2 alums talk about their experience before, during and after the program. Its definitely worth attending. You also have the ability to follow up with the EP host or staff about any questions that were not answered because of the limited webinar time. I found them very informative.

5. IF accepted then a group interview is scheduled. It could be in a city you are at or you may have to travel to another city where they have presence or staff.

6. IF accepted then you receive an offer and the placement process begins. On this site there seems to be a lot of comments about placement issues. I have not gotten this far so I dont know what that will be like but hopefully as the organization grows the kinks will be worked out. For me, if they dont find a placement, hopefully i can try to find my own placement and then turn that into a fellowship. I think one person commented on this process.

Thanks and good luck! Seems like a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the Education sector and why EP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting the initial application, then getting invited to fill out a timed (75 minutes) response to a business case (how would you lower teacher turnover), I was invited to schedule a phone interview with one of the EP alumni. The phone interviewer seemed a little wooden in reading the questions and there were a few awkward moments of silence after I answered some questions as if I was expected to say more - the problem with phone interviews is you don't have the visible cues that help in the communication process. I did get to ask questions at the end but didn't feel I really connected and some of her answers sounded very boilerplate.

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in April 2015.

Interview

First round interview, with a EP alumnus, for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I was contacted via email by EP after submiting the application to proceed to the interview. I was given time slots to pick the actual interview time. There were plenty to choose from, morning through evening. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The interviewer sounded like reading off of a list of questions.

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

I am just in the 2nd stage but for the critical thinking activity I was asked how I would reduce teacher turnover in a school given a list of data and numbers. I was also asked why I want to work in the education sector. This was easy given my background as a teacher.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial application was a submission of resume and short answer action plan in response to a public school scenario.

The phone interview was pretty low key and short, normal interview questions about why you are interested and career goals.

Group day interview involved splitting into 5-6 person groups and working as a consulting team to help select a charter school company to take over a school, followed by a group presentation on the selection process and criteria.

I was selected as a summer fellow, although after 2 months they said they didn't receive enough projects from partners and couldn't place me. This was frustrating because they also told us not to pursue other job opportunities once we were selected, though at the same time they said they couldn't guarantee placement. I spoke to multiple people who this happened to, so they need to work on their selection process.

Interview Questions

• The one critical question was near the end of the phone interview when they asked what questions you would ask if you're working on a project with a superintendent looking to implement a turn-around school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Steps: 1) Initial application, 2) Case-Study and essay, 3) Phone Interview w/ EP Alum, 4) Group Case Interview, 5) Interview(s) w/ potential partners. This process took, from start to finish, 8 months.

Interview Questions

• Given this charter school organization's current status in the community, it's internal and external challenges, and the current student population, what would you advise the school's leadership to do?   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

The first round was just the online application. After passing that round, you are asked to complete a timed critical thinking exercise on line. My questions were surrounding how to help charter school leadership gain community engagement. Several facts about the school were given and you had to create a plan of action for going about getting the community involved in success of the students. After that round I had a group interview (some people do the in depth interview first). The group interview was about 2 hours long. We had decide on an organization to turn around a failing school and create a presentation to address how we came up with our recommendation given the information. Lastly, there was an in depth interview with an Ed Pioneers consultant.

Interview Questions

• In depth interview question: Speak about a professional situation in which you implemented structure where there was previously lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

4 rounds, two on line, a phone interview then a group interview

Interview Questions

• They ask you for feedback on your performance and your groups performance the day of the group interview.   1 Answer

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

First, there is the online application, and followed by a timed critical thinking exercise, in which you are supposed to address a school issue. Then I was invited to a one-on-one skype interview, and the last stage of the process is a group interview.

Interview Questions

• I was not prepared for this question (I am paraphrasing): if given the chance,what education policy will you propose?   Answer Question