Education Pioneers Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process included several components: independent application with essay submission, phone interview, and a group interview day with optional mixer afterward. The process was lengthy and the rationale behind moving forward or being rejected was, at times, opaque.

Interview Questions

• The interview day included a group assignment in which groups made a collective decision about a transformation school within a fictional neighborhood. Groups presented to another group and answered questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2011.

Interview

The phone interview consists of several canned behavioral questions (see below). There was very little getting to know you.

The Group Interview consisted mostly of an awkward, somewhat goofy role-playing exercise. (There was no one-on-one component.) They gave us a long "case" (teachers at a charter school were considering whether to unionize). The case was long and there wasn't a lot of time to read it, but you didn't have to really know the facts that well for the rest of the exercise. We had to discuss the pros and cons of unionization from a particular perspective in groups (4 people per group). EP employees are monitoring and evaluating you during this time. Then groups had to give a presentation from a perspective that they assigned to the group (anti-unionization from administration's perspective, anti-unionization from teachers' perspective, or pro-unionization from teachers' perspective). After this, we had to write a personal reflection on the experience, answering questions such as "did you work well with your group members?" and "what was your most valuable contribution?"

There was then a 2 hour reception w/ wine and appetizers, where we "mingled" with the Ed Pioneers staff. Those who are good at schmoozing and networking will thrive at this stage. Those who aren't may feel awkward.

Overall, the group interview day was not that difficult, but it was awkward and artificial-feeling throughout.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you confronted ambiguity and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a group decision and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a team when you were successful and how you measured that success.   Answer Question