Education Pioneers Graduate School Fellowship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview process estimated to take between 30-45 minutes. Mine took 28 minutes and I spent 4 minutes asking questions. Interviewer is an alumnus who might not necessarily have specificity about locations, day-to-day experiences, or updated long-term goals of the organization.

Lots of behavior questions and ambiguous scenarios. Seemed to focus on self-regulation in adverse situations. Also an implicit expectation was to have a good understanding of your identity, diversity, and how it relates to education.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your privilege.   Answer Question
  • Something about how you understand the relationship between equality and equity   Answer Question
  • A few questions about how do you work with others in an uncertain and fast-paced environment where you can't asking questions later.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

First you submit an application, second is a short exercise before moving to a phone interview. Finally, a group interview is done. Two different types of offers are extended - full offer or conditional. The interview wasn't the most difficult; however, waiting to see where I was placed was frustrating. I wasn't kept informed of the process and waited to hear from my region for over a month. I ended up finding my own placement in a different city and luckily the internship was able to be turned into a Fellowship. Overall, EP is a great organization but the placement process is long and not clear on how it works.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A very thorough process which started with on-line application followed by a timed on-line critical thinking exam. After this there was a short (30 minute) 1:1 face-to-face interview with an EP rep, and then a longer phone interview, finally a longer group interview / interaction.

The Group Interview takes place in multiple cities around the country and takes 1/2 day. The purpose of this group interview (my opinion) is to understand how you interact in a team setting, get a better view of your critical thinking, analytical and reasoning skills and

At the end of your Group Interview EP reviewers will ask the group questions about their recommendations and potential shortcomings/challenges.

Everyone I dealt with was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The process is extremely well organized and managed like clock work. I was also very impressed with the other candidates in terms of intellect and a teamwork/check-your-ego-at-the-door attitude which would make them great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• Group interview asked us to review a case study and prepare and deliver a group presentation providing recommendations, explanation of the reasoning behind our recommendations and potential implementation problems, resource requirements etc.

At the end of your group's presentation you are asked questions to get a feeling for how you handle yourself

All this was done under the review of EP personnel and under a very strict time limit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Upon acceptance into the Fellowship program they begin the process of actually placing you with a partner organization.

Fellowships are all at fixed rate for the term (10 weeks or 1 year). I don't know if there is any movement in this for some of the more expensive cities.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Begins with an online application and critical thinking exercise. If you're accepted for the next round you'll have a ~30 minute phone interview with an EP alum. After that you will potentially get an offer for the in-person group interview day. This is a two hour event where you'll work with a team on a hypothetical problem for a local school district. If they're still interested after that you may receive an offer from EP, but you'll then have to wait to hear about a placement. I have accepted a conditional offer, but will still need to interview with my placement company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Online application: basic information followed by online test for devising a strategy plan for a troublesome school.
    2. phone interview: standard experience and behavioral questions
    3. group interview: group of 4-5 people.
    ----Now EP decides whether they hire you or not, could be 10 month or 1 year long placement---
    4. placement with actual employer interviews (haven't happened)

Interview Questions

• During phone interview, they presented a case where one school could not find good teachers and asked about how you were going to solve it if you were hired as a consultant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The conditional offer is tricky, but they are very helpful in telling you what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I completed an online application and phone screen for the fellowship. Shortly thereafter, I was selected to a group interview day. We worked in a small team and solved a business case in about 1 hour using pre reading material. An observer took notes on our presentation. I found out about 3 weeks later that I'd received a regional offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The application process is lengthy and pretty much what others have described. It's long, detailed, and high-pressure.

After accepting a conditional offer in mid-February, I didn't hear anything from my regional program director for over 2 months. After about 3 months, I went on one interview with a potential match. When that didn't work out, EP stopped contacting me. I'm incredibly disappointed. It's hard to place trust in a person who I've never met, and who sounds like she can't wait to get off the phone with me whenever we do talk, to determine the fate of my placement. Ultimately, I'm glad that continued to look elsewhere because EP seemed to have no interest in actually placing me.

Interview Questions

Education Pioneers Response

Jun 19, 2015 – Chief Administrative Officer

Hello, Thank you for participating in our placement process. We are sorry that we were unable to find the right match for you and that you are frustrated with your experience. We always want... More

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

I initially submitted my resume online. Within couple of hours, got a computer generated email that I am being invited to take the online exam. I was given a week to take the exam but maybe able to delay if you are too busy take the 1.5 hour exam. You just need to email them. After the exam, once you pass it, they will send you another email that you have pass the exam and gave you a timeline when to expect you will be contacted again for an interview. Approximately 4-6 weeks, I got an email to interview. Interview is standard. 45 mins long. They will email you again if you pass and if you will move to the group interview. Still waiting. I applied very early sometime in September and was advise to wait until January for the next step

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to our partners? It only sounds difficult since I don't have enough information about their partners.   Answer Question
    • What you can contribute to our partners? It's sounds hard only because I don't have enough background about their partners   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty clear process - apply online, if they are interested they will follow up with a request for you to do an online critical thinking case study exercise. Then, a 30-60 min phone interview, then you may be selected for an in person group interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a solution or change your proposed, how was it received by your peers and what kind of impact did the change have (and how did you measure it)   Answer Question

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online first and then got the critical thinking test online. If you pass these two steps, you will have a chance to do an in-depth phone interview. Finally a group interview to analyze a real case. Wait for the offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement a plan in your professional life when the circumstance is not clear?   Answer Question