Education Pioneers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Education Pioneers Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in June 2017.

Interview

The process took less than a month. After the initial application you're given a performance task based on your skill set (data analysis vs project management). The final step involved a phone interview with an EP alum. The interview focused on why you're interested in education. I suggest spending time to really reflect on what compels you to do this work, especially if your background doesn't include any k-12 experience. A good starting point is to do some reading on education equity. There are some interviews you can walk into with no preparation - this isn't one of them. Now do you need to prepare for hours? No. But know their mission/values and try to align them with your own professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between educational equity vs inequality?   1 Answer
    • You only have an hour with your manager to ask questions about a new project. What questions would you ask?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you face uncertainty in the workplace or personal life and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Career Track Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in May 2017.

Interview

Before the application deadline you are required to submit an application that sums up your overall work experience including short statements. After submitting your application you are invited to take one of two assessments testing either Excel skills or your project/strategic planning skills. You are then interviewed by an alumni of the fellowship. Still waiting on the results.

Career Track Fellow Interview

Interview

Before the interview, there was an extensive application followed by an exercise to complete depending on the primary job function one listed in the application. The application and the interview probed the alignment of one's career search mission to supporting educational equity.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask your manager if you only have 1 hour to sit down with them in a new position? How would you leverage resources?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Although EP has good intentions, its interview and application process is not set up to build trust - the process was ill constructed and lacked transparency. After having spend over 5 hours in the application process, candidates were blindsided with an assignment arbitrarily involving a single selected software package (no alternatives permitted) while having implied previously that its skill requirements were more diversified. EP can earn a better reputation by disclosing its requirements honestly up front.

Interview Questions

• The superintendent wants you to build a dashboard -- a visual representation of the data -- that will help individual principals understand their schools’ performance in the context of the district and the state. The dashboard should be flexible, user-friendly, and replicable, include: The percent of students who were proficient or above (scoring 75%+) in math and English Language Arts. Student performance broken down by ethnicity, income levels, and in comparison to district and state averages. How student proficiency results are changing year over year.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in March 2017.

Interview

Tedious drawn-out process consisting of a lengthy application, phone interview, and in-person group interview, plus multiple webexes. Marketing & materials throughout the application peocess were well developed and flashy, but support after the finalist round was minimal. I was congratulated for being a finalist but then summarily hung out to dry once my initial placement was not successful. EP's "support system" was unresponsive, unhelpful, and repeated told me that mine was a "rare circumstance."

I get the sense that resources at EP ate poured into self-promotion and PR, with little development or sophistication in the placement process.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process included several components: independent application with essay submission, phone interview, and a group interview day with optional mixer afterward. The process was lengthy and the rationale behind moving forward or being rejected was, at times, opaque.

Interview Questions

• The interview day included a group assignment in which groups made a collective decision about a transformation school within a fictional neighborhood. Groups presented to another group and answered questions.   1 Answer

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First, there is an online application. After this step, there is a basic phone interview with a former Education Pioneers Fellow. This usually lasts 30 minutes. Last, there is a group interview with other EP applicants. You are given a task to complete as a group.

Phone interview with former Education Pioneers Fellow
    3. Group interview with other EP Fellows

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a 45 minute phone interview with an alumni, who was very friendly and took the time to explain the rest of the process to me and answer questions about his experience with the program. I was expecting more questions about my skills, experiences, strengths, etc. than the interviewer asked.

Interview Questions

• What are two types of privilege? Give examples of how privilege can be used to benefit others.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in April 2014.

Interview

A phone interview was followed up by a half day group interview. Step 3 was a quantitative assessment pulling figures from an excel dataset. Final round is interviews with placement hosts in various school companies, cities and roles.

Interview Questions

• During the group interview, they asked me to clarify details for our proposals. i.e. why did you remove that outlier from the data set? why did you use this particular formula or equation?   Answer Question

Summer Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2017.

Interview

I applied initially online, then in the second phase participated in a 45 minute interview. The last phase was an in-person group interview with 20 individuals for 3 hours. The group interview day was a case study in which you work in groups to present on a case.