Education Pioneers Summer Fellowship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Education Pioneers Summer Fellowship Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2017.

Interview

I applied initially online, then in the second phase participated in a 45 minute interview. The last phase was an in-person group interview with 20 individuals for 3 hours. The group interview day was a case study in which you work in groups to present on a case.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

1. Telephonic 2. Group Case 3. Partner organization. Had an online case to be solved from home as well. First 2 rounds mentioned here are very brisk and well managed. but once they give an offer, it depends entirely on the availability of partner organizations for you to be actually matched. This usually means a lot of uncertainty.

Summer Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2012.

Interview

it is a multi-staged process, that includes an online resume assessment, a written application, and a group interview. with their emphasis on data analytic, it's no surprise that they are looking for people with good, solid quant experience. i made it to the group interview round, but did not get an offer.

but, in talking to friends who were extended offers, it seems like the main weakness is EP's job placement process. you definitely take a leap of faith that you will get a position somewhere. all of my friends who were extended offers went through at least a 6 week process of uncertainty. i have one friend who was hired as an 10 month analyst, but they ultimately weren't able to place him and he had to leave the process.

Interview Questions

• the group interview is definitely a chance to show how well you play with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online after a friend had recommended me to the program. The online application consisted of an essay (which you have one week to complete) and questions about previous experience. After passing on to the next round, I was called in for a one-on-one interview (approximately 45 minutes long) where the interviewers asked basic behavioral and experiential questions. A few weeks later I was invited to the all-day group interview where candidates were broken into groups and asked to work through a case together. The day focused on working as a team and establishing a common culture. A week later I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you disagreed with a group decision.   Answer Question

Summer Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in None (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (None (Italy)) in February 2015.

Interview

I participated in the virtual version of the group interview. The session format is timed in a similar fashion to the in-person interview, from what I can tell from other reviews. People can choose to use audio through their phone or through their computer. The software, an extension add-on to your browser, lets you chat online with other participants. In my session, there were about twenty people logged on from all over the world. After very brief introductions (name and your location), the moderator notifies participants that they will be receiving an e-mail with a case study. Some time is allowed for participants to review the materials. Then sub-groups are displayed on your screen along with a telephone number to use to call in. Another moderator listens in on the sub-group's deliberations (communication is by phone at this point). The case study is about a troubled school which is about to be taken over using federal funding. The group must choose one out of the four candidate organizations to take over the school based on some basic profile information on each (i.e demographics, size, model, etc.). The group gets fifty minutes to finalize their decision and develop a presentation on their recommendation. The presentation if five minutes long with a brief period for follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you choosing this candidate organization to take over the school?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I submitted my resume and the initial application online. For the summer fellowship if you are advanced to the next round you receive a link to complete a timed case study. The case study gives a brief scenario and lists 4-5 essay questions you have to answer. You only have about an hour and 45 min to finish the case study and submit it which was really tight for the exercise and given the word constraint on the essay (300-400 words). If you're applying for the summer fellowship or the year-long program you receive a case study. However, applicants to the analyst fellowship receive a time excel exercise. After submitting the case study about a week and a half later I received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasts an hour and focuses on behavioral questions from your past work experience. After the 1 on 1 interview I received an email less than a week later to attend the group interview. The group interview consisted of a group case study and presentation which culminated in a written exercise where you detailed how you felt the group process went and required that you outline your contributions and the challenges in your group. The group atmosphere was laid-back and not competitive in general. There is a mixer following the group interview that is supposed to include alumni, however, I didn't (neither did the other applicants I talked to) see any alumni at the mixer even though it was in a major city with a large alumni base. After the group interview I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have to roll out a new process and garner support from your peers.   Answer Question