Educational Testing Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.7

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was about 2 hours 15 minutes. I was communicated about the lengthy duration beforehand. Started with review of benefits and company structure. Then technical interview. Technical interview involved going through resume and related questions. This was followed by two hands-on excercises related to .Net and SharePoint programming. Not tough, very simple; I believe they were looking as to how I approached and solved it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write code to solve a simple numerical problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Easy applied online. Got a callback and phone interview. Received and email about a week later with an over. Do not call it Educational Testing Services it is Educational Testing Service. I would know what test they make and the company culture.

Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

There's no interview for a rater/scoring position. I applied to be an at-home rater on their website and was invited to complete an assessment two months later. I passed the assessment and I was hired. I never spoke to a human on the phone or via email; the process was all automated. This was rather confusing because I wasn't sure how scheduling worked and I had a number of questions. Eventually I figured everything out, but I missed the potential to be scheduled more hours because of this issue. There is a severe lack of communications between ETS and their scorers both during scoring season and during the offseason.

Interview Questions

• None - There was no official interview. I had to complete an assessment (qualifying exam) online when my application was accepted.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I had one interview with the department manager, then a quick follow-up interview with one of the supervisors. It was very casual and took about 1-1.5 hours. It was followed by a proofreading test with two different passages.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out. Very general questions about my background, experience, and salary requirements.   Answer Question

Statistical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a telephone interview, and it was very general. The interviewer asked me mostly about projects and previous work experiences as they pertained to the job. It was about twenty five minutes long.

Application

Interview

First there was a phone screen with a SR Developer who asked a few basic questions as well as with manager who was asking the "how would you deal with ____ types of situation" questions, straight out of HR guide book...

Interview Questions

• Was asked to write some SQL and C# code on paper, "very modern way"   1 Answer

SAT Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Adrian, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Turned in my resume online. Was emailed the next day to complete the process. After turning in some more forms online, I was officially hired, pending certification. After two days of online training, I passed the certification test and was ready to go. I did this in August, then just started this week early October.

Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

There was not a phone interview or a face to face interview for this position. Everything was done on the internet. There was a small skills verification, and then you posted your resume. They reviewed my qualifications, which they required a bachelor's degree or higher for the position. After they reviewed everything, they proceeded with a background check and then you filled out your I-9. Easy Peasy.

Senior Statistical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Group panel interview was not my ideal situation. It was my first time interviewing with more than one person at a time and it was quite intense for me. After some time I was more comfortable and was able to focus on the answers I was providing. Everyone was very nice and pleasant. I was told during the interview with HR that I would hear about an offer (if I was offered) within a week...I got a call the following day with an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Test Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Elgin, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was allegedly hired in May and told if I came on by June, which I intended to do, I’d get a $100.00 bonus. Then THEY delayed me so I was too late for it. When I finally got the tech advice I needed to complete the training process, I was told it was too late for the June season, and I had to wait till Oct. Now I’ve read, after going through multiple hiring steps, that I may not have any work even then. And when I went through their dozen or more steps to start the training, I had many tech problems. When I called their tech line, I talked to a woman who had several pauses in the conversation, making me ask often, “Are you still there?” At the end of the call, when I followed her advice, I got an “Access forbidden” message on their website. I’ve given up!! If their technology is that bad for people who want to be trained, what will it be like for employees, or getting your pay??
    STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, unless you like being treated like last week’s garbage.

Interview Questions

• Mgmt: Respect people enough to have honest job advertising. Be up front about the unpredictable hours and that it is ONLY part-time. Don't hire people who have spent hours jumping through your hoops and then have no work for them. This is very disrespectful!! What a rude waste of people’s time!! What makes you think that’s ok?   Answer Question