Educational Testing Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Educational Testing Service Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Filled out a large amount of documents. Was approved and given opportunity to train and score. So, employment was based via review of resume, possibly my own personal SAT scores, background check etc. and then was offered opportunity to train. After training you are given two opportunities to prove your proficiency and if you fail, you're fired. But you will be paid for that time training at least.

Interview Questions

• Hire was strictly performance -based, based on training   1 Answer

Rater Interview

Interview

Applied online. Uploaded resume. Pay is absolute garbage and does not take into consideration teaching experience (whether it's 1 year or 100). $13/hr for grading, training $11/hr. Good if you have no standards for remote work, but I didn't slave in a classroom for 5 years with stinky teenagers for nothing. Overseas companies looking for graders pay a lot more.

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Was required to provide a package of materials such as sample publications, transcript, and letters of recommendation. Upon visiting the company, had to give a presentation about my research and meet with several people for informal interviews.

Interview Questions

• People I talked to asked about my research and interests.   Answer Question

SAT Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

No interview. They were mostly interested in verifying educational transcripts, legal employment status, and aptitude. If you can't pass the certification test, you can't be a rater. They pay you for the time you spend studying the test materials.

Interview Questions

• No questions. The certification test requires understanding the grading rubric.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Miami, FL).

Interview

There was none. They don't interview. You either fit the qualifications or you don't. That's it. Nothing else. Jesus, do I have 30 words for my minimum yet? Apparently not. So. Uh. How are you?

Interview Questions

• They literally just hired me.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I applied online through the website and submitted my resume. A few weeks later I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I got a call about a month later and got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group and organize something.   Answer Question

Online Test Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Not a standard interview. I did not interview with anyone I met the qualifications went through training and started. I did not have a traditional interview. I applied online. Then conference calls.

Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I submitted proof of all credentials and teaching certifications, resume and references were also submitted, supplied information for a background check, it was a lot of paper work. There was not a typical interview.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was about 2 hours 15 minutes. I was communicated about the lengthy duration beforehand. Started with review of benefits and company structure. Then technical interview. Technical interview involved going through resume and related questions. This was followed by two hands-on excercises related to .Net and SharePoint programming. Not tough, very simple; I believe they were looking as to how I approached and solved it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write code to solve a simple numerical problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Easy applied online. Got a callback and phone interview. Received and email about a week later with an over. Do not call it Educational Testing Services it is Educational Testing Service. I would know what test they make and the company culture.