Educational Testing Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.6

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was scheduled for the same day I had my first Toastmaster speech at this company. The Toastmaster members knew about the interview and were supportive of both the speech and interview. I interviewed directly with the Hiring Manager, who seemed to know my personal history and who seemed to be very sympathetic to helping me return to the workforce full-time after I had been a stay-at-home mom to twins. She was extremely respectful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• How I handled the challenges I mentioned on my resume that I had tackled. There were probably more, but it was a long time ago.   1 Answer

Statistical Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The in person interview is with all of the different managers in that department. They generally ask about your experience as well as personality questions

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that makes you stand out from the other candidates   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Ewing, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

I drove 45 minutes just to find out they rescheduled open house. I received no such notice via email or phone only a note on the door when I got there. I came back again a second time, and they said they couldn't find my application (which took almost an hour to fill out) and that the person who referred me doesn't even work at the specific site. They had no communication at all with the recruiter who reached out to me. I sat waiting for more then 3 hours just to be told that they aren't hiring anyone else. The manager was rude and sarcastic and told me to come back next week, so I picked up my stuff and left.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service in February 2015.

Interview

There was a very intense Q&A session on extremely detailed questions about why Oracle does what it does executing SQL code. It appeared right away there are serious issues with the application code and the DBA's spend most of their time chasing down badly written SQL.

Interview Questions

• Explain why the Oracle Cost Based Optimizer chooses the execution plans for SQL and explain the different options used and what their impact is on performance?   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied through a special program at my school. Was contacted by phone for an interview a few weeks later. It was a pretty relaxed interview, spoke with the internship coordinator, and then two departments that were interested in me. All fit/behavioral type questions, going over my resume. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• I think one was something like "Can you describe a time when you had a problem during group work." Can't really remember.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Standard over the phone interview asking questions specific to the job title

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I received a call to schedule the interview. I was selected for the position a month later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Submitted online application with a statement of research interest and discussed fits with the projects offered. Get an email a couple weeks later notifying the online interview. include 3 questions, very general behavioral interview questions. One can reanswer and resubmit as many times as they'd like.

Interview Questions

• they didn't ask any technical questions in this interview, surprisingly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Phone Interview. No on-campus interview was needed.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I applied online through the website and submitted my resume. A few weeks later I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I got a call about a month later and got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group and organize something.   Answer Question