Educational Testing Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

2.6

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Ewing, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

I drove 45 minutes just to find out they rescheduled open house. I received no such notice via email or phone only a note on the door when I got there. I came back again a second time, and they said they couldn't find my application (which took almost an hour to fill out) and that the person who referred me doesn't even work at the specific site. They had no communication at all with the recruiter who reached out to me. I sat waiting for more then 3 hours just to be told that they aren't hiring anyone else. The manager was rude and sarcastic and told me to come back next week, so I picked up my stuff and left.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed for a contract (audition) position. Campus is beautiful although building I interviewed in was a little run down. They have an n house recruiter from Adecco. She was nice enough. At least she called to advise they chose another candidate. This has become very rare with recruiters. Usually just silence from them if they don't want you.

Interview Questions

• No real Q&A. Had a nice conversation with two older directors. both with the company for many (Many!) years. As an older White guy, I thought i had a chance, but as with most companies these days, "Older white men need not apply"!   Answer Question

Essay Reader Interview

Interview

They acted very strange and cloak and dagger about the whole thing. I just submitted my resume. After a while, I certified for rating some tests. I can't talk about it because I signed a NDA.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Kansas City, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

I spend 2 weeks on entire interview process and got positive response throughout the process, but they cancelled that position after final round without any justification (I traveled 40 miles for onsite interview :( )

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions were from following areas:
      1. Resume
      2. Pas Experience
      3. User Stories
      4. Linux basic commands
      5. 1 Behavior question

If you have worked properly in past as a BA role, this interview is the piece of cake for you.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Filled out a large amount of documents. Was approved and given opportunity to train and score. So, employment was based via review of resume, possibly my own personal SAT scores, background check etc. and then was offered opportunity to train. After training you are given two opportunities to prove your proficiency and if you fail, you're fired. But you will be paid for that time training at least.

Interview Questions

• Hire was strictly performance -based, based on training   1 Answer

Rater Interview

Interview

Applied online. Uploaded resume. Pay is absolute garbage and does not take into consideration teaching experience (whether it's 1 year or 100). $13/hr for grading, training $11/hr. Good if you have no standards for remote work, but I didn't slave in a classroom for 5 years with stinky teenagers for nothing. Overseas companies looking for graders pay a lot more.

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Was required to provide a package of materials such as sample publications, transcript, and letters of recommendation. Upon visiting the company, had to give a presentation about my research and meet with several people for informal interviews.

Interview Questions

• People I talked to asked about my research and interests.   Answer Question

SAT Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

No interview. They were mostly interested in verifying educational transcripts, legal employment status, and aptitude. If you can't pass the certification test, you can't be a rater. They pay you for the time you spend studying the test materials.

Interview Questions

• No questions. The certification test requires understanding the grading rubric.   Answer Question

Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Miami, FL).

Interview

There was none. They don't interview. You either fit the qualifications or you don't. That's it. Nothing else. Jesus, do I have 30 words for my minimum yet? Apparently not. So. Uh. How are you?

Interview Questions

• They literally just hired me.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I applied online through the website and submitted my resume. A few weeks later I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I got a call about a month later and got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group and organize something.   Answer Question