Educational Testing Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Educational Testing Service Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Miami, FL).

Interview

There was none. They don't interview. You either fit the qualifications or you don't. That's it. Nothing else. Jesus, do I have 30 words for my minimum yet? Apparently not. So. Uh. How are you?

Interview Questions

• They literally just hired me.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I applied online through the website and submitted my resume. A few weeks later I got a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I got a call about a month later and got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in a group and organize something.   Answer Question

Online Test Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Not a standard interview. I did not interview with anyone I met the qualifications went through training and started. I did not have a traditional interview. I applied online. Then conference calls.

Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I submitted proof of all credentials and teaching certifications, resume and references were also submitted, supplied information for a background check, it was a lot of paper work. There was not a typical interview.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was about 2 hours 15 minutes. I was communicated about the lengthy duration beforehand. Started with review of benefits and company structure. Then technical interview. Technical interview involved going through resume and related questions. This was followed by two hands-on excercises related to .Net and SharePoint programming. Not tough, very simple; I believe they were looking as to how I approached and solved it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write code to solve a simple numerical problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Easy applied online. Got a callback and phone interview. Received and email about a week later with an over. Do not call it Educational Testing Services it is Educational Testing Service. I would know what test they make and the company culture.

Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

There's no interview for a rater/scoring position. I applied to be an at-home rater on their website and was invited to complete an assessment two months later. I passed the assessment and I was hired. I never spoke to a human on the phone or via email; the process was all automated. This was rather confusing because I wasn't sure how scheduling worked and I had a number of questions. Eventually I figured everything out, but I missed the potential to be scheduled more hours because of this issue. There is a severe lack of communications between ETS and their scorers both during scoring season and during the offseason.

Interview Questions

• None - There was no official interview. I had to complete an assessment (qualifying exam) online when my application was accepted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I received a call to schedule the interview. I was selected for the position a month later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I had one interview with the department manager, then a quick follow-up interview with one of the supervisors. It was very casual and took about 1-1.5 hours. It was followed by a proofreading test with two different passages.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out. Very general questions about my background, experience, and salary requirements.   Answer Question

Statistical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a telephone interview, and it was very general. The interviewer asked me mostly about projects and previous work experiences as they pertained to the job. It was about twenty five minutes long.