Educational Testing Service Interview Questions in Princeton, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.1

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was about 2 hours 15 minutes. I was communicated about the lengthy duration beforehand. Started with review of benefits and company structure. Then technical interview. Technical interview involved going through resume and related questions. This was followed by two hands-on excercises related to .Net and SharePoint programming. Not tough, very simple; I believe they were looking as to how I approached and solved it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write code to solve a simple numerical problem.   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Group panel interview was not my ideal situation. It was my first time interviewing with more than one person at a time and it was quite intense for me. After some time I was more comfortable and was able to focus on the answers I was providing. Everyone was very nice and pleasant. I was told during the interview with HR that I would hear about an offer (if I was offered) within a week...I got a call the following day with an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Extremely too long - began in February and position wasn't filled until June. Received conflicting information on the company, the position, the timeframe for hiring from their HR person as well as the hiring manager. Felt as though it was almost a process of attrition, where they were looking to see which applicants could jumpy through the most hoops for the longest amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Explain how previous work experience could be used at ETS   Answer Question

Product Administrator Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Current employee referred me. Interview scheduled about 1 1/2 months later. On day of interview, met with HR rep in Princeton for about 30 min. This was followed by 1 hour panel interview for two positions that were available. Interview was with the two hiring Directors and 1 senior Director. Both positions were thoroughly explained. Solid interview with relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want us to remember about you when we're interviewing the other candidates?   Answer Question

Assessment Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter to come in for an in-person interview about a month and a half after I applied for the position on the ETS website. Once I arrived for the in-person interview, I briefly met with the recruiter who walked me to a room where I took an assessment. I did not see the recruiter again. After the assessment, I met with two folks from the department I would be working in. They asked me a few questions about my experience, about assessments, how to handle difficult managers and criticism, etc., and that was pretty much it. Once the interview ended, I was walked out and told that it would be a few weeks before I heard anything. Because this all took place around the holidays, I figured that was reasonable. This all took place about three months ago, and I am still waiting to hear back about a decision.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is one of the most important things about an assessment?   Answer Question

Usability Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter and had an in-person interview. I also had to learn the software used for testing and a sample script to work from. Then I did an "audition" of sorts after talking about the company's project and my previous experience with usability testing.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain a level of neutrality with the test subject?   Answer Question

Online TOEFL Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process is basically a test online. You receive the opportunity to train and get paid for the training as well as the test. The training is online. You access a set of materials to read in order to understand the format of the tests, the rubrics, and how to navigate the online tools. All the training and interviewing is done online. You don't have a standard interview where a person asks you typical interview questions, which is great, because you can be a great interviewer but a lousy employee. The interview is basically a test to evaluate the skills you will be using if you are employed. You are given two opportunities to take the test. You are allowed as much time as you need to practice.

Interview Questions

• The questions are your ability to properly score online tests using a set of rubrics. You need to score the tests within a specific range of accuracy in order to pass the test. The questions are basically a trail run of scoring oral responses to prompts. It may appear to be an easy task but it is not easy. You need to score based on a rubric and each strand of the rubric is unique. In order to score fairly you need to be very aware of the rubric strands and listen to the prompts having all the strands in front of you so you can determine the final score. These tests are very important for the test takers so it is very important that you score accurately.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They have a set salary.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Not difficult. 6 people came for the in person interview. 2 managers. Director might come as well if he is in the office. Not hard at all but not easy as well.

Oracle Related. Troubleshooting, backups, patching etc
    Describe various oracle states
    How to change sql plan
    What are optimizer hints and how to use them
    Why use RMAN catalog
    Connection pooling

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with three people from the company. They were very nice and wanted to learn more about my leadership and collaboration experience. Overall a very positive experience. They also wanted to know what I knew about the company and how I thought I could fit in.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you were in a group setting with a bad teammate and how do you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

There was a standard phone interview followed by an e-mail request to submit three writing samples, references, and official transcripts, before even getting the in-person interview. The in-person interview consists of several people, including the HR representative, current research assistant, research managers, and even someone from a different state who asked questions over the phone. It lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my technical skills, relevant experiences, how I prioritize tasks, and other standard interview questions.   Answer Question