Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a prescreening phone interview. Initial interview is over the phone as well as second interview. Third and fourth interviews are at local level and in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

A friend of mine recommend I apply for a local position. You apply online, with your resume etc.. Then they review and ask for a time for a phone interview. You get assigned a HR rep, and complete a phone interview. Then they tell you they will love forward or not. Then a very detailed, second application with your ten year work history with salaries. Also, question about your credit, certifications etc..

Interview Questions

• First I was asked why this position. She asked me 5 situational questions after that. Such as tell me a time when you revived feedback from a manger or a time you had a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • My advice is to prepare with several responses to questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

These were the steps I completed in this order: Phone interview, 3 step online application process, In-person interview, online tests and assessment.

Their online application process is lengthy and slightly painstaking; taking about an hour to complete and needing a detailed outline of your past 10 year work experience (including detailed income reporting). I found the interviews to be standard. Both phone and in person interveiws were primarily asking behaviour based questions (i.e.: how you respond in situations). I personally found that the financial advisor interviewing me (during my in person interview) was just reading scripted questions and not asking me questions that would have been relevant to my working directly with him. I also found my in person interveiw questions to be slightly disjointed; asking me about my fundraising experience that didn't fit with the job qualities needed for this particular job.

Interview Questions

• How do you hold yourself accountable for your actions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Columbia, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a phone call in about a week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following Monday and the interviewer called just a couple of minutes after our scheduled time. The phone interview lasted approximately 35 minutes and I was asked a series of "describe a time when..." questions. After the phone interview was over, I was contacted the following week by my local financial advisor who set up a face to face interview. She also asked me a series of "describe a time" questions as well as incorporating some off-shoot questions regarding her firm in particular. This lasted approximately an hour. A week after my first face to face interview, I was scheduled for a second face to face interview. This interview was more brief; only 30 minutes and had fewer questions and we spoke more about personal goals and talked about my questions regarding firm operations. I received an offer the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you built a lasting relationship with a client. How did you build and maintain this relationship over time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Akron, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was deep. It was not the normal questions you get on an interview...where do you see yourself in 5 years or what are your biggest strengths or biggest faults. But it was a good interview and I was lucky and the lady that contacted me was super kind and helpful and dealt well with me being nervous.

Interview Questions

• In detail, explain a time when you got feedback from a manager and what you did to improve on that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted first by a recruiter that asks you basic questions and they document every word you say. They are typing as you speak. A while later I was contacted by a Financial Advisor at the branch to schedule a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a chaotic situation and what did I do to help fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Maryland Heights, MO).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face the whole process was VERY long took me four months to even get hired but the Human Resource department was very helpful and they give you tips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I completed an online application and scheduled a phone interview via the computer. They called me at the scheduled time. After the phone interview a face-to-face interview was scheduled with the Financial Advisor. Four days before the in-person interview, HR called to say they filled it and I should withdraw online. I found this to be very poor professionally.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational questions, "Describe a time when . . . ", "How did you handle a situation when something had to be done quickly but accurately . . . ?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in September 2016.

Interview

This company is a joke. I have been in the industry for a very long time and have never had a job hiring process take this long. Be prepared for a min. 6 weeks to a maximum 3 months and DO NOT apply if you have any credit issues whatsoever. DO NOT quit your job based on their "soft offer".
    If you want to be treated like a cog in the wheel by all means work for EJ but I recommend looking elsewhere!

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

2 month process. Because Human Resources was extremely short staffed, the process took two months. The telephone interview was routine, followed by an online IQ and personality test. These were also routine. Some questions seemed silly and not suited to today's market.