Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extremely slow process. I was called for 2nd Face to face interview at day 36 or so. Still expecting another week or so to even see if I get an offer, then if so another week or 2 for background/credit checks. Don't apply if you need a job quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something went wrong. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out - not worth the salary they low ball applicants to take. Between the uneducated "robot screener" who asked the questions, couldn't pronounce my 1 syllable easy first name, to the fact she couldn't type well and had me repeat myself at least 5 times I'd say this was a complete bust. AFTER the 25 minute initial phone screen there's several - SEVERAL steps to go through on the computer for complete background and credit check - all of which I passed. Then there's a 1 hour 100 question assessment of situations "questionnaire" that takes about an hour or so, depending on the applicant. By the time THAT is over with you MIGHT get a face to face but don't hold your breath. For the $31k to $38k they were offering it was not worth the time nor the grief. Do yourself a favor and PASS on this mess. They can easily afford to pay more but choose to make applicants jump through more hoops than any job I have ever applied for - and I've worked with companies that dealt with NSA and Homeland Security.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a deadline   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you faced an irate customer and how did you handle them and keep their business   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you and your team were faced with a deadline but something came up and you all had to do something else.   1 Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

You create an online account with Edward Jones and submit all the information, resume and other requested info. Then you submit for the location you want and within a day or a few days you will get an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you do the phone interview, you may be told them or in an email to finalize more paperwork which only requires a signature to release access to screening your pass employers I assume. Make sure you respond to the emails quickly and fill out all the paperwork. It is not much at all. Then you will get a call from the actual office that needs the BOA. They phone interviewer will give tons of info. They will ask if you have questions. I recommend interviewing in a mirror while talking to them. It helps to stay focused.

Interview Questions

• In your past work have you found and error you had made and how did you fix it?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone in early November. Then at the end of November, I had a face to face interview. I received an offer in FEBRUARY!!! And then a month later- after stumbling on the website- I notice I'm no longer getting the job. Because of my background check. I didn't post a couple of past due accounts and I had something on my criminal report- but it was dismissed.
    So after 5 months... and an offer... I didn't get the job based on a couple of marks on my credit.

Interview Questions

• Ej has a strict questionnaire that they read off during an interview. How do you respond to a critical situation..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Evansville, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and behavioral questions interview. This was only the first step in a multi-step process. Next, I will have to submit an application to the specific branch I'm looking into and the FA will contact about a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a tight deadline. What did you do and what were the results?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time there was an oversight. How was the oversight discovered, what did you do, and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time responsibilities were added to your workload. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process nearly six weeks to be contacted. I was scheduled for a telephone call from a recruiter. Lots of situation questions. They did ask about my previous work history going back 10 years.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to assist an unhappy client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview prior to a in person screening, if I met the qualifications that they were looking for. I thought it was a good step, and I was able to ask questions about benefits during the call as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Warwick, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

This has been a long interview process. I started with a face to face interview followed by a phone interview.Then another face to face interview. Seems like a lot for a Admin job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a prescreening phone interview. Initial interview is over the phone as well as second interview. Third and fourth interviews are at local level and in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with financial advisor, briefly on the phone to start. Then scheduled an in person interview. After interview, same date, took a 30 minuted timed analytical test. Lastly, spent time with other office administrator, asking questions and getting a feel for the position. Had great conversations with all involved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of enviornment do you enjoy working in?   1 Answer