Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very intense and thorough: Submit your resume online, Phone interview with someone in the BOA hiring team at Home Office in St. Louis, MO. Face to Face interview with the office you would like to work in, Skills testing, Drug Testing and Fingerprinting, Last follow up phone interview with Home Office with either details of your offer or termination of process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kent, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Shortly after I submitted my online application, I was called by a recruiter from HR at Edward Jones' corporate office in St. Louis to schedule a phone interview the following week. They were very flexible in booking the specific time. Make sure you pay attention to their Central time zone. Within a day or two of my phone interview, I was called by the BOA of the local office to schedule an in-person interview with the financial advisor. For both the phone and in-person interviews, they are working from a script and asking you mostly situational questions about your past work experience. The FA I met with was very good about sharing with me how the office works and the current distribution of work between him and the two BOA's in his office. He also answered all of my questions thoroughly. A day or two after my office interview, I received a more in-depth assessment that I was given one-hour to complete online. It took me 47-48 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please share a time when you were given a task to do, but you did not have everything you needed to do it. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Cape Coral, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email a few days later to set up a phone interview. An Edward Jones recruiter called me as instructed in the email at the designated date and time.

The interviewer first asked me to give a brief overall of my current job position, including current duties and responsibilities.

They told me that a typical Edward Jones office has 2 people- the Financial Advisor and the BOA.

The Salary is hourly, paying $30K-$36K a year. There are also annual bonuses, profitable and performance bonuses.

They do not require any licenses for the BOA and they do not sponsor you if you want to be licensed.

They also require you to transfer all investments, brokerage accounts, and/or custodian accounts to Edward Jones within the first 3 months of working there.

After this they went into the interview questions. They wanted a specific SITUATION, ACTION, AND RESULT or the STAR Method. I recommend you be prepared to give details to the questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      Describe a situation when you were on a team and you had to meet a tight deadline?
      Describe a time when you asked your manager to critic your work and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time there was a negative change to your work and how did it affect you?   Answer Question

BOA- Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out the application, got an email the next day to set up a phone interview. Standard STAR questions asking to brag on yourself basically with actual work experiences. Then, same day, was emailed a second part to the application. Work history, education experience, and a long list of yes or no questions. The next day, got a call from the FA for a face to face interview. Very pleasant, similar questions, sharing about yourself, etc. Then I was emailed, same day, a timed online assessment test. Test had problem solving questions on first half and agree or disagree personal questions on second half. Pretty easy. Long process, it's been close to 3 weeks since I applied, still waiting back for test results and more info.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Missoula, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my application. I got an email a week later to schedule a phone interview which was a week and a half out. I completed the phone interview which was 30 minutes. Five different situational questions. Was emailed links to sign off on background checks and such. I passed the phone screening so I got a call from the recruiter again to guide me through the real application. Took me 2 hours to complete. They need 10 years of work history with salary information. All of mine were estimates since my salary never was consistent for a whole year. Two days later I got a call from the Financial Advisor who was looking for the BOA. We scheduled an in person interview about a week out. I met with her and she asked five situational questions again, different than the originals. My FA had been working for EJ for 13 years so is very established and knows what she wants. She was very straightforward and wanted to make sure I knew what the job was. The job is 30% banking which is not explained in any step prior to this. Just something to be aware of. I felt like the interview went well. Afterwards, I was sent a personality and aptitude test. Nothing too crazy. Too about 45 minutes. This was two weeks ago. I have not heard anything yet. I emailed the recruiter inquiring as to my status and if she needed anything else. I was told I am still in the running and that they were working through the process. I had anticipated his after reading others reviews. It's been a month and a half since I initially applied. In my area, the pay is VERY good so I am ok with jumping through some hoops. Also the prospect of getting to work alone is extremely appealing to me. I hope to hear from them within the next two weeks either way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed at something, why you failed at it, and what you did to correct it in the future.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Creve Coeur, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

After I submit my application, around 3 weeks, I got an email from the company to let me select a time for the phone interview. There were 2 days with several spots available. I got a phone call at the exact scheduled time, and it took 30 minutes exactly. By the way, I like her voice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particular situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Edward Jones does an extreme Vetting process to make sure they are picking the right person.
    Application, Phone Interview, (if you pass P.I) then you go onto a Face to Face, If you do well there then you do an online test, then maybe you may get a phone call with a job offer.
    It is a very long process but the benefits are great and this is one of the best companies to work for in the Nation. If you can get hired consider it a great accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake and how did you fix it ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out - not worth the salary they low ball applicants to take. Between the uneducated "robot screener" who asked the questions, couldn't pronounce my 1 syllable easy first name, to the fact she couldn't type well and had me repeat myself at least 5 times I'd say this was a complete bust. AFTER the 25 minute initial phone screen there's several - SEVERAL steps to go through on the computer for complete background and credit check - all of which I passed. Then there's a 1 hour 100 question assessment of situations "questionnaire" that takes about an hour or so, depending on the applicant. By the time THAT is over with you MIGHT get a face to face but don't hold your breath. For the $31k to $38k they were offering it was not worth the time nor the grief. Do yourself a favor and PASS on this mess. They can easily afford to pay more but choose to make applicants jump through more hoops than any job I have ever applied for - and I've worked with companies that dealt with NSA and Homeland Security.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a deadline   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you faced an irate customer and how did you handle them and keep their business   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you and your team were faced with a deadline but something came up and you all had to do something else.   1 Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

You create an online account with Edward Jones and submit all the information, resume and other requested info. Then you submit for the location you want and within a day or a few days you will get an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you do the phone interview, you may be told them or in an email to finalize more paperwork which only requires a signature to release access to screening your pass employers I assume. Make sure you respond to the emails quickly and fill out all the paperwork. It is not much at all. Then you will get a call from the actual office that needs the BOA. They phone interviewer will give tons of info. They will ask if you have questions. I recommend interviewing in a mirror while talking to them. It helps to stay focused.

Interview Questions

• In your past work have you found and error you had made and how did you fix it?   3 Answers

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter than I had a face to face interview with the Financial Advisor. After the face to face interview, I had to complete an online competency test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed at something and the outcome.   Answer Question