Edward Jones Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

On April 14, 2016 I submitted an online application at the request of my EJ financial adviser to work in his office. In late April 2016 I had a screening interview by phone with company recruiter. She passed me on to the FA to be interviewed in person. I interviewed with him end of May 2016. Recruiter sent me many documents to be e-signed to submit to background screen, drug screen, etc. She then contacted me and said those were sent in error as she had confused me with another applicant in another office, in another state with the same first name as me. I followed up with recruiter, and financial advisor twice in June and once in early July. On July 21, I received a call from the FA's on-call person to tell me she was leaving in two weeks. I checked the Career site and found the job was no longer active, so I contacted the FA and the recruiter to ask for an update. The recruiter advised the job was still open, the FA left a voice mail message indicating he had offered to someone else, but wanted me to hang in just in case they didn't pass the background screen. I contacted the recruiter the next day to advise her of this, and received an automated rejection letter within the hour. My FA sent an email dated late on 7/21 asking if we could talk. I haven't returned his call. Today, I went to the career site and withdrew my application, as it was still showing as pending.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that stood out. I now know that I was never in the running for the position, and don't understand why the FA suggested I apply.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Not very professional, FA had never interviewed before and it was very noticeable. Had someone come in and sit with us and asked questions. Asked about my experience and the name of the company I worked for before.

Interview Questions

• What is the salary range I expected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. Interviewer was new to the process, so it went okay. Did not have to do a skills test. Interview did a good job with describing the process. Will take 1+ month because of security clearance needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something went wrong. What did you do to correct the problem for then and in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA).

Interview

My interview process took 3 months. After the interview and acceptance of the wage per hour is was 3 weeks before the first day of work.

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. Their hourly wage offer is what you you will receive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Prior to the interview EJ sends you a 17 page employment application. That's no exaggeration. Fortunately, it's a read/write PDF. I completed it and tried to fax it back to St. Louis, as directed. The fax number given to me was wrong - it was a private voice line. Finally sent it to an alternative number. Incidentally, the app asks for your date of birth.

The interviewer was your typical HR moron. She knew absolutely nothing about the job I was interviewing for, and could not ask any intelligent questions about me or my suitability. Instead, she read verbatim (from a script, apparently) approximately 7 'behavioral questions' asking me to identify situations and how I handled them in previous jobs. She then very painstakingly transcribed my answers. I was on the phone an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly challenging situation in a past job, and how you addressed the issues, blah, blah, blah   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you were working on a deadline driven project and an important client came in and needed attention. How did you manage the 2 competing priorities, blah blah blah.   Answer Question

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email from the HR recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The HR recruiter was crass and did not seem like she even read my resume. She also informed me of a company policy that I had to move my investments to EJ if I was hired. I ended the interview right there, and I'm not even sure if that's legal.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to move all your hard investments to Edward Jones?   1 Answer

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2011.

Interview

Did 1:1 interview with FA. Then did phone interview with HR rep from headquarters. Lot's of specific behavioral questions for both. The questions were a little ridiculous in terms of how specific the situation has to be. No one's memory is that good. FA was very professional, so was the HR rep.

Had to complete the application before the phone interview. The application was long and detailed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to put yourself in someone's shoes.   Answer Question

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2010.

Interview

Arrived at the appointed time and the interviewer said he / she was ill and could we reschedule. Never called me back. I now believe it was just to 'see' me. I don't know if it was for the purpose of age, 'looks', etc.