Edward Jones Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day to set up a telephone interview. I didn't get too far into the interview as I was told that it was a requirement that I transfer and invest all of my retirement savings from my previous job into their company. I was very apprehensive about this. Too many what ifs… What if I was let go, fired, had to leave on my own accord, etc. I like my future savings exactly where it is.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received Request for phone interview a few days later. Talked with recruiter for about an hour. Basic info, background, experience, expectations, etc. Moved on to second phase of interview which was a lot of online paperwork followed by waiting days for Financial Advisor to call and schedule a face to face interview. Recruiter was great. Very helpful and friendly. Financial Advisor was ok. Nice but wanted a lot given the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Yakima, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Started with phone screen, then phone screen with FA, then official phone interview, then face to face with FA. He narrowed it down to 3 and they made an offer to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet your supervisor's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Green Bay, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

1st interview via Phone from corporate office. Friendly and professional
    More online questions needed before going forward
    2nd in person - again friendly, professional
    ** questions were very situational, be prepared to continually give examples

~ online test ...geared toward customer service, skills and IQ

Offer contingent upon clear drug test / background check

step 3 - online test

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had to rebuild a client relationship   1 Answer
    • let me about a time when you went the extra mile for a customer   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a multiple step interview process: phone, in person, and several applications to fill out (including 1 detailed application accounting for all all past employment experience and gaps of employment with tax information), in addition to my resume submission, and an online corporate skills test and personality test.

Everyone I encountered along the way was very friendly. I found the interview process very time consuming and extensive for a relatively basic administrative job. Where the interview was not overly difficult, the online tests and applications were a bit of a bear.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you planned a fundraising event.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

On April 14, 2016 I submitted an online application at the request of my EJ financial adviser to work in his office. In late April 2016 I had a screening interview by phone with company recruiter. She passed me on to the FA to be interviewed in person. I interviewed with him end of May 2016. Recruiter sent me many documents to be e-signed to submit to background screen, drug screen, etc. She then contacted me and said those were sent in error as she had confused me with another applicant in another office, in another state with the same first name as me. I followed up with recruiter, and financial advisor twice in June and once in early July. On July 21, I received a call from the FA's on-call person to tell me she was leaving in two weeks. I checked the Career site and found the job was no longer active, so I contacted the FA and the recruiter to ask for an update. The recruiter advised the job was still open, the FA left a voice mail message indicating he had offered to someone else, but wanted me to hang in just in case they didn't pass the background screen. I contacted the recruiter the next day to advise her of this, and received an automated rejection letter within the hour. My FA sent an email dated late on 7/21 asking if we could talk. I haven't returned his call. Today, I went to the career site and withdrew my application, as it was still showing as pending.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that stood out. I now know that I was never in the running for the position, and don't understand why the FA suggested I apply.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Not very professional, FA had never interviewed before and it was very noticeable. Had someone come in and sit with us and asked questions. Asked about my experience and the name of the company I worked for before.

Interview Questions

• What is the salary range I expected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. Interviewer was new to the process, so it went okay. Did not have to do a skills test. Interview did a good job with describing the process. Will take 1+ month because of security clearance needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something went wrong. What did you do to correct the problem for then and in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA).

Interview

My interview process took 3 months. After the interview and acceptance of the wage per hour is was 3 weeks before the first day of work.

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. Their hourly wage offer is what you you will receive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Prior to the interview EJ sends you a 17 page employment application. That's no exaggeration. Fortunately, it's a read/write PDF. I completed it and tried to fax it back to St. Louis, as directed. The fax number given to me was wrong - it was a private voice line. Finally sent it to an alternative number. Incidentally, the app asks for your date of birth.

The interviewer was your typical HR moron. She knew absolutely nothing about the job I was interviewing for, and could not ask any intelligent questions about me or my suitability. Instead, she read verbatim (from a script, apparently) approximately 7 'behavioral questions' asking me to identify situations and how I handled them in previous jobs. She then very painstakingly transcribed my answers. I was on the phone an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly challenging situation in a past job, and how you addressed the issues, blah, blah, blah   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you were working on a deadline driven project and an important client came in and needed attention. How did you manage the 2 competing priorities, blah blah blah.   Answer Question