Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.3

387 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Phone interview. Took about 30 minutes. Recruiter asked questions about my background and also offered information about the training program. Interviewer was polite and succinct. They also asked if I was interviewing for a similar position at other firms.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Long and over two months of my time... Made it to the final - "Day in the Life" assessment which was a joke. Literally felt like the apocalypse. Unrealistic, unfair, technology issues and literally no feedback of how I did! Then I didn't get the nice gesture from the FA to provide me candid feedback around his final decision. He met my family and we spent half the day with them... Additional bitterness comes from 6+ years in financial services before going through this process. Good experience - yes. Unhappy and feeling like someone that didn't stick to the wall when thrown - absolutely. I am confident that they are aware of the talent they are losing sight of with this process. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR approach questions... Be prepared to brag about yourself.   2 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

3 phone interviews, a face to face interview, a "day in the life" assessment and a neighborhood canvassing "survey" assessment (They no longer do the last one). The process was intensive- know that they want to access if you can prospect for a financial advising book of business.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions- tell me about a time you overcame a challenge etc   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied on EJ website, participated in phone screening with HR, and interviewed with a financial advisor in person. HR focuses on resume and walkthrough of experience. Interview with FA has more to do with personality and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you had to explain a complex subject to another person.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, and I think I had to participate in 4+ interviews. They are looking for candidates who are persistent and dedicated to the process, something you need as a financial advisor. The interview process is intentionally drawn out for this very reason.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

They are very quick and efficient which is what makes sense in a revolving door company. It started with talking to the recruiter, then in person with an advisor, then you create a business plan, then you go survey people, then you might get a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

All expectations were met, communication was great, all steps happened on time and everyone was very professional. Extremely impressed with all interaction and interviews. From initial website application to offer was a little less then two months. Many steps, lots of timelines and three interviews - but did a lot of question, including many FA visits in my area. Put my name out there. Marketed myself, as all applicants should (shows drive and initiative). The final assessment was a little rough, but the key is preparing as best you can with what they give you and breathe deeply. Receiving the offer and everything up to it was the easy part compared to the hard work ahead.

Interview Questions

• How would you answer different types of rejection from potential customers, and demonstrate those approaches.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extensive process, don't get discouraged at the number of steps it takes. Edward Jones makes significant investments in their employees and they are regarded as one of the top companies to work for. Starts with submitting your resume, then a phone screen. If you move on you fill out a more comprehensive application and proceed to an in-person interview with a local FA. Then you will complete a business plan and go over it in a phone interview. Once that step in complete you are given a "day in the life" assessment, which is a simulation of an FA's day-to-day activity.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." questions left and right.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is very, very lengthy. Mine lasted about 2 months. Overall it is a very straightforward process, and they are very honest throughout. I got to the second phone interview with a hiring manager and was not offered to take the virtual assessment after (the last step of the process.)

I was very shocked by this as multiple financial advisors contacted me to compliment my well-written business plan. The regional recruiting leader even called me to compliment me and was excited to proceed. When I received an automated email reply I was extremely disappointed; a phone call or personal email would have been appreciated as I had invested 2 full months into this hiring process. I think a company like Edward Jones, who values relationship building, handled this part of the interviews very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, but dealing with pleasant people. Make sure you go out and talk to advisors in your surrounding area beforehand to get a better understanding of the job characteristics. Stay on the recruiters to let them know you want the job as well. This will increase the speed of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity and how did it work out?   1 Answer