Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Edward Jones

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Toledo, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an in person interview with one of the leadership team members for the region, then back to the phone and put through a simulated program called "a day in the life" in which you act the part of an existing FA for 4 hours from your computer and phone taking calls and emails from clients and your administrative assistant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is very, very lengthy. Mine lasted about 2 months. Overall it is a very straightforward process, and they are very honest throughout. I got to the second phone interview with a hiring manager and was not offered to take the virtual assessment after (the last step of the process.)

I was very shocked by this as multiple financial advisors contacted me to compliment my well-written business plan. The regional recruiting leader even called me to compliment me and was excited to proceed. When I received an automated email reply I was extremely disappointed; a phone call or personal email would have been appreciated as I had invested 2 full months into this hiring process. I think a company like Edward Jones, who values relationship building, handled this part of the interviews very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

In depth interview process, but current fa's are really helpful along the way. They will contact you prior to each step and make sure that you are prepared. A very supportive interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of behavior based questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. A lot was focused on the applicants level of comfort with face to face contacts (door knocking). 5 total interviews; a business plan; an assessment. Not easy to get offered an opportunity.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extensive process, don't get discouraged at the number of steps it takes. Edward Jones makes significant investments in their employees and they are regarded as one of the top companies to work for. Starts with submitting your resume, then a phone screen. If you move on you fill out a more comprehensive application and proceed to an in-person interview with a local FA. Then you will complete a business plan and go over it in a phone interview. Once that step in complete you are given a "day in the life" assessment, which is a simulation of an FA's day-to-day activity.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." questions left and right.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a phone interview in about two days. This was the first phone screening stage. The overall interview experience was great and you can ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear us and why do you want to work in Edward Jones?
      Are you currently have any offer from other companies?
      What is your long-term career plan?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied for position. A few days later had an email requesting a phone screening. Phone screen was very simple. Lasted about 20 minutes. I was only asked 3 questions. STAR type questions. Immediately received an email asking to move towards application part of process. Filled that out and next day was asked to do a face to face with a local FA. I'm currently at this step in the process

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Extensive and intense 10-step interview process lasting over course of 45 days. It included an initial screen, two phone interviews, 2 face to face interviews, and a 3-hour simulation of job requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Riley, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Riley, KS).

Interview

I inquired at one of those Home/boat shows and received an invitation to a dinner and met with a local FA. I submitted my resume online the following week and received an email to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well and I moved on to the next step of filling out part 2 of the online application followed by a face to face interview with a senior financial advisor in my area. The FA was very friendly and very helpful. It took about a week to hear from them again and I was notified I was moving onto the next step and had one week to develop my business plan. The business plan is in the format they provide and submit online. I am currently on this step and have an appointment to meet with an FA to ensure my business plan is good to go before I submit. The next step would be a phone interview to discuss the business plan, followed by a virtual "day in the life" exercise.

Interview Questions

• Mostly "tell me a time when...." type questions. I struggle with rooting my own horn so these were difficult for me. Project enthusiasm and be genuine and you can't go wrong. They will help you get to the point with the question and are very personable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they just offer you a flat salary to begin with.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edward Jones in December 2016.

Interview

She asked a few STAR questions and then asked if I had questions. I inquired if they require door-to-door sales in residential areas and she said yes it was part of the job. I declined to finish the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• She asked STAR Questions that require situation, task, action and result.   Answer Question