Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

3.3

409 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a week that they were interested in a phone screen. I set a date within the following week and heard back two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Finance and what in your past has helped to achieve this interest?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

phone interview with detailed questions. firstly, sent me email asking me to schedule a phone interview time, there was no choice, but only a ten days later date, then I need to wait for almost 10 days to take phone interview.

Interview Questions

• when do you think you are ready to work as a financial advisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

There was a three step interview process: phone interview, second application part for background checks, then the face-to-face interview with a current Financial advisor. The first two steps went well, but the last was horrible. The FA just asked the questions he was given then didn't even type all of my answers in the form that he was supposed to sent to corporate. They emailed me that I wasn't getting an offer an hour after the interview (I had a 2 hour drive to get to the interview) and told me not to ask why they decided not to because it was "company policy."

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Bozeman, MT) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my FA as a referral. Phone screen was smooth as the Talent Aquisition lady was a bubbly gal and very helpful. Second part of application is lengthy, be detailed. Face to face interview was smooth as well. Spent about 15 minutes getting to know each other and turns out we had mutual friends. Situational questions are meant to make you think and hit on specifics. Nothing too difficult but be confident in your answers. Working on the Biz plan now. Pleasurable experience this far!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to face a challenge or obstacle and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Entire Process took 2 months. Began by meeting with a current FA who reached out to me and referred me to apply to the FA Career Development Program. After confirming my interest during this meeting, he submitted my name to HR. A few days later, received phone call from the Talent Acquisition Recruiter for my area. Went through this screening, and was sent the initial application. After submitting it, received a call a week later to schedule the first full phone interview (approx 45 minutes). ASK QUESTIONS. Can not stress enough the importance of appearing you've done your research, while also being inquisitive. Typical STAR questions, don't be embarrassed to ask for a moment to properly reflect and give a good answer. After the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule a time to go in for a face-to-face interview with another FA in my area. This meeting lasted an hour and was very relaxed, opportunity to answer more STAR questions, while also get to ask own about the FA's experience and how he built his practice. Few days later was emailed to move forward and go through the business planning activity. This is a great opportunity to really think about what this will look for you, reach out to your recruiter and any FAs you know (or even may not know but are in the area) for questions and feedback. After submitting my plan, I was emailed to set up another phone interview to discuss my plan with HR, with a few more STAR questions thrown in for good measure. At the end of this, I was notified I would have the opportunity to schedule to sit for the Assessment. Scheduled that for about 10 days later, and after much prep work went through the assessment activity. It is challenging, but a great opportunity to show what you know and your sales skills. I took the assessment on a Friday, and received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to be critical of a co-worker, and how did they respond"

"...you had to explain something complex to someone"

"...you experienced a new challenge at work and how did you respond"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great! People working here are nice. The interview process is clear and not hard. If you really want to start your career as a Financial Advisor, Edward Jones is a great place to start. However, the beginning will be door-to-door, which does not work for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have to argue with your co-worker about a complex idea   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

first is the phone screening, which normally takes up to 45 mins, but the lady from talent recruit was very nice and talkative, we chat about an hour about lots of topics other than the job. Felt great after thie phone call, got emailed to do a face-to-face interview with another financial advisor in my area. very professional, established, experienced advisor, interview questions were topics on my resume, standard STEM questions. just pass the second round, preparing for the third. nice company to work for if you are interested in sales, investment, and clientele building.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience speak to the job description here?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Long, tedious and a lot of time and work with mock day in the life and door knocking. Very long process with a lots of hoops to jump through for low return.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Several over the phone interviews and one local face to face interview with an export fed advisors. Basic Human Resources type questions. Be prepared to describe specific events and answer how you successfully saw these positive and negative tasks through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked successfully indepdebtly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Complete waste of time. They are looking for people who would basically go door to door trying to sell their financial services. Consequently they want you to cold call ~200 people/day.