Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

393 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Entire Process took 2 months. Began by meeting with a current FA who reached out to me and referred me to apply to the FA Career Development Program. After confirming my interest during this meeting, he submitted my name to HR. A few days later, received phone call from the Talent Acquisition Recruiter for my area. Went through this screening, and was sent the initial application. After submitting it, received a call a week later to schedule the first full phone interview (approx 45 minutes). ASK QUESTIONS. Can not stress enough the importance of appearing you've done your research, while also being inquisitive. Typical STAR questions, don't be embarrassed to ask for a moment to properly reflect and give a good answer. After the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule a time to go in for a face-to-face interview with another FA in my area. This meeting lasted an hour and was very relaxed, opportunity to answer more STAR questions, while also get to ask own about the FA's experience and how he built his practice. Few days later was emailed to move forward and go through the business planning activity. This is a great opportunity to really think about what this will look for you, reach out to your recruiter and any FAs you know (or even may not know but are in the area) for questions and feedback. After submitting my plan, I was emailed to set up another phone interview to discuss my plan with HR, with a few more STAR questions thrown in for good measure. At the end of this, I was notified I would have the opportunity to schedule to sit for the Assessment. Scheduled that for about 10 days later, and after much prep work went through the assessment activity. It is challenging, but a great opportunity to show what you know and your sales skills. I took the assessment on a Friday, and received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to be critical of a co-worker, and how did they respond"

"...you had to explain something complex to someone"

"...you experienced a new challenge at work and how did you respond"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2017.

Interview

My university recommended the internship opportunity for me and sent me the recruiter information. I emailed the recruiter with my resume, and cover letter. Within one day, the recruiter sent me the online application link and applied online under his recruitment. Then, I lastly proceeded with a phone interview with the recruiter which lasted 25-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Edward Jones? What do you know about Edward Jones?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you approach it? What was the outcome/result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain a complex situation to someone?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work experience.   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Bangor, ME) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long. I have, however, been able to get feedback from the recruiter throughout the process. I would prefer to have less waiting time in between the stages of applying, but otherwise, the experience has been positive.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond in your work.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

9 Steps. each more daunting than the last. Phone interview, then personal interview at an office. Build a comprehensive business plan and follow that up with a 4 hour simulation that assesses your ability to think on your feet and address issues as they arrive based on your personality

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit questions surrounding integrity and compliance with regulations   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Phone interview. Took about 30 minutes. Recruiter asked questions about my background and also offered information about the training program. Interviewer was polite and succinct. They also asked if I was interviewing for a similar position at other firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Long drawn out interview process. I got to the last interview before the virtual thing. Edward Jones is mostly male and has the same problem most companies in Financial Advising have, they don't know how to attract or even how to interview female candidates. It's an industry problem. I have interviewed with a few companies for financial advisor they all have the same problem.

As boomers retire they are big assets clients but they are going to be replaced with a younger generation that is more equal in the sexes.Gen X is middle aged and then millennials... So what are they going to do when, it's women and they don't golf? or don't have any financial advisors who can keep or attract female investment clients?
    I will be okay, I have 3 degrees and will end up in a more diverse type company and industry...so glad I have a degree in Accounting and not just Finance...moving to a more diverse industry. I will say the other advisors who help you are helpful and great people.

Interview Questions

• Usual STAR interview questions....and you make a business plan o for them that is kind of vague...   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Long and over two months of my time... Made it to the final - "Day in the Life" assessment which was a joke. Literally felt like the apocalypse. Unrealistic, unfair, technology issues and literally no feedback of how I did! Then I didn't get the nice gesture from the FA to provide me candid feedback around his final decision. He met my family and we spent half the day with them... Additional bitterness comes from 6+ years in financial services before going through this process. Good experience - yes. Unhappy and feeling like someone that didn't stick to the wall when thrown - absolutely. I am confident that they are aware of the talent they are losing sight of with this process. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR approach questions... Be prepared to brag about yourself.   2 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

3 phone interviews, a face to face interview, a "day in the life" assessment and a neighborhood canvassing "survey" assessment (They no longer do the last one). The process was intensive- know that they want to access if you can prospect for a financial advising book of business.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions- tell me about a time you overcame a challenge etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

They are very quick and efficient which is what makes sense in a revolving door company. It started with talking to the recruiter, then in person with an advisor, then you create a business plan, then you go survey people, then you might get a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

All expectations were met, communication was great, all steps happened on time and everyone was very professional. Extremely impressed with all interaction and interviews. From initial website application to offer was a little less then two months. Many steps, lots of timelines and three interviews - but did a lot of question, including many FA visits in my area. Put my name out there. Marketed myself, as all applicants should (shows drive and initiative). The final assessment was a little rough, but the key is preparing as best you can with what they give you and breathe deeply. Receiving the offer and everything up to it was the easy part compared to the hard work ahead.

Interview Questions

• How would you answer different types of rejection from potential customers, and demonstrate those approaches.   1 Answer