Edward Jones Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

3.1

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (McAllen, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online I met with an Financial Advisor in my area. After then Edwards Jones contacted me and we set up a phone interview with someone from Arizona. This phone interview had the basic questions such as tell me about yourself for the last five years, and grew in difficulty over time. They really want to hear about your accomplishments. Show you are a good leader and why you are fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I am in the middle of the interview process. I must say that for this guy, who hasn't had to have an interview in years, Edward Jones has made the process as pleasant as the process can be. I was referred by a current agent and he has bent over backwards to help me prepare.
    The process is intentionally drawn out so that the weed out those who are not persistent. I was told by an adviser that 90% of the applicants fail this easy task. If you are not able to stay on top of the process then it is unlikely that you would succeed in an industry that is full of NO's.
    The Edward Jones website is full of information to glean, making it fairly easy to tailor your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were met with a difficult situation with a fellow employee and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Cleveland, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I only made it through step 3 of the 10 step process which was the initial phone review. Not sure what I said or didn't say that turned them off (as they don't offer that) but I am no longer being considered for the position. I spent almost an hour on the phone with the recruiter. We had what I thought was a pleasant conversation with back and forth questions and dialogue. I'm not sure what they were looking for, but it appears I didn't convey my strengths, abilities and enthusiasm as well as I could have.

Interview Questions

• What were some of my accomplishments in my previous position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fairfax, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

It's pretty standard for the position. It starts with an assessment, moves to a phone interview and then and later an interview with an advisor. In the phone interview the interviewer seemed a bit caught off guard by my questions about their business model.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Tempe, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very lengthy and drawn out with multiple interviews before the position was acquired. Basic interview questions touching on experience, qualities, unique work situations and the stereotypical inquiries from other jobs in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the financial industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Extremely long but thorough. Not quick and gives them a chance to make sure you're devoted to the process and not just making a quick decision. It was very lengthy I think 14 steps but overall a good process that helps in itself to weed out the ones who cannot make it out of the gate

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable going out in the community and making face to face contacts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 months. There were 8 or 9 levels of interviews to go through including phone interviews and an in person interview with a local financial advisor. The final item after all of the interviews was a day in the life assessment. You were expected to make as many sales calls as possible in the 3.5 hours given all while following up on emails and dealing with incoming calls from clients and an absent Business Office Administrator.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard, following the STAR format; Tell me a bout a time when... What would you do if...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Orange, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is a phone interview that lasts about an hour.
    Next is an in person interview at an advisor's office. It is pretty much the same questions as the phone interview, but then you get a chance to ask questions. They are adamant that you go door to door at least in the beginning and have target numbers of contacts that need to be made each day.
    They will also ask for wage verification (W2) to establish your base pay for the first couple years. They move you through the process very quickly.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you went above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

I didn't like the aspect of going door to door. It obviously works for them, they are a successful company, it just wasn't something I am comfortable with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Tedious. Through the ringer. Intrusive. And in the end, they offer a small hourly. To go through weeks and weeks of that to keep you in suspense was a waste of time on all. They say it's needed to find the right candidate. But to me it's an exercise to turn off many too. Good thing was that I had an alternate company in case EJ didn't make an offer. It really shows they make lots of money investing on such a lengthy staged interview yet in one of the conversations I had with an FA they have high attrition rates on the second year of the candidates employment due to commissions starts to get stripped. Anyway good luck. Moving on. Do remember that EJ is captive means you'll never own your book of business. That to me too was a turn off because you could be awarded an office but if it doesn't work, you lose all the business production there and start from zero again elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• 1099s W2s All life and work experiences have to be accurate   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Interview

Do not quit your current job to work for this company.I gave up a good job to work for Edward Jones only to be fired during the training process.
    This is why they can boast about a 90% success in training, you get fired before you even get to take test