Edward Jones Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edward Jones in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email then a request for interview a few days later. Interview was a nice discussion with questions about challenges I have overcome. The individual who answered me was very responsive to questions. Seems like a great compny thus far.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and applied online. I recieved an email that they'd like to proceed with the process, I scheduled an on the phone interview and they called me a couple months later. Mostly behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Baltimore, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume to company email. Received phone screen request within 2 weeks. Interviewed 2 weeks later. Offered 2 weeks after that. Was asked to walk through resume, answer personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with adversity and took charge. Why Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online through my University to interview for the Trading internship position. I received an invitation for an on campus interview. It was about 45 minutes long.

The Trader began by having me walk him through my resume and then proceeded to ask me several behavioral questions. The second portion of the interview consisted of market-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Who is the Chairman of the Fed? What is QE? Can you explain it? How would x event impact interest rates? Where are interest rates right now? Why? Who benefits from these lower rates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email request for a phone interview within 2 weeks. The process was very straightforward and simple. The phone interview consisted mostly on behavioral questions and personality based. Best way to prepare is to know how to explain your resume and think of some real life examples and situations you have been in that can be used for the behavioral questions. The only negative part of the process was that it took a very long time to hear back, my phone interview was the first week of October and I did not receive my offer until April.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online in October and received a phone interview in November. The interview was fairly straight forward. Just a lot of behavioral and personality questions. In mid December I received an email letting me know I got an offer. The great thing about the interview process is you get to choose your location preferences at the end of the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2014.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. I would think of a list of experiences for you to pull from. They love great energy and they can tell if you are genuine or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a tough situation you had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2014.

Interview

Apply online, 1 phone interview, and then an online essay. Interview process was very simple, I found out by December that I had received an offer. If you talk about the credibility of Edward Jones training program and that your an aspiring advisor you will get an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me over the phone and interviewed me once. The interview was conversational and the questions she asked me were aimed at making sure that I was very people-oriented and that I was ready for a sales-like position if I were to become an actual advisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the business?
      What about Edward Jones appeals to you?
      Describe a problem that you've had with someone and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Youngstown, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was on the interview day, an opportunity provided by our college. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me to email him my resume in order for him to forward it too the hiring committee. I had to open up an account with my complete profile on their company website for scheduling the second interview.