Edward Jones Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Intern Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Baltimore, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume to company email. Received phone screen request within 2 weeks. Interviewed 2 weeks later. Offered 2 weeks after that. Was asked to walk through resume, answer personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with adversity and took charge. Why Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online through my University to interview for the Trading internship position. I received an invitation for an on campus interview. It was about 45 minutes long.

The Trader began by having me walk him through my resume and then proceeded to ask me several behavioral questions. The second portion of the interview consisted of market-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Who is the Chairman of the Fed? What is QE? Can you explain it? How would x event impact interest rates? Where are interest rates right now? Why? Who benefits from these lower rates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email request for a phone interview within 2 weeks. The process was very straightforward and simple. The phone interview consisted mostly on behavioral questions and personality based. Best way to prepare is to know how to explain your resume and think of some real life examples and situations you have been in that can be used for the behavioral questions. The only negative part of the process was that it took a very long time to hear back, my phone interview was the first week of October and I did not receive my offer until April.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online in October and received a phone interview in November. The interview was fairly straight forward. Just a lot of behavioral and personality questions. In mid December I received an email letting me know I got an offer. The great thing about the interview process is you get to choose your location preferences at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason you are interested in Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2014.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. I would think of a list of experiences for you to pull from. They love great energy and they can tell if you are genuine or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a tough situation you had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2014.

Interview

Apply online, 1 phone interview, and then an online essay. Interview process was very simple, I found out by December that I had received an offer. If you talk about the credibility of Edward Jones training program and that your an aspiring advisor you will get an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me over the phone and interviewed me once. The interview was conversational and the questions she asked me were aimed at making sure that I was very people-oriented and that I was ready for a sales-like position if I were to become an actual advisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the business?
      What about Edward Jones appeals to you?
      Describe a problem that you've had with someone and how you resolved it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Youngstown, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was on the interview day, an opportunity provided by our college. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me to email him my resume in order for him to forward it too the hiring committee. I had to open up an account with my complete profile on their company website for scheduling the second interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Nice recruiting staff. After dropping your resume with them, they may shoot you an email requesting more information if you look viable. At this point, you have a chance to be invited to an interview, which is also scheduled through email/online. After that is the final phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Edward Jones gives exploding offers (that is, a 48 window to decide if your in or not). I didn't try this, but it might be a good idea to request more time if your not dead set on this position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2012.

Interview

The first round is at your University with 2 executives. Then you have to provide a writing sample about a predetermined topic. You then have two hour long phone interviews with a panel of 3 to 5 individuals. The only negative thing was they interviewed me for the wrong position. I applied for trading and they interviewed me for the trust division.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to know a lot about the trading and/or trust industry   Answer Question