Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extremely slow process. I was called for 2nd Face to face interview at day 36 or so. Still expecting another week or so to even see if I get an offer, then if so another week or 2 for background/credit checks. Don't apply if you need a job quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something went wrong. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Asked about my work history and why I am looking to change from financial advisor to regulatory side of business. Had a second interview, now I am on to my 3rd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is very, very lengthy. Mine lasted about 2 months. Overall it is a very straightforward process, and they are very honest throughout. I got to the second phone interview with a hiring manager and was not offered to take the virtual assessment after (the last step of the process.)

I was very shocked by this as multiple financial advisors contacted me to compliment my well-written business plan. The regional recruiting leader even called me to compliment me and was excited to proceed. When I received an automated email reply I was extremely disappointed; a phone call or personal email would have been appreciated as I had invested 2 full months into this hiring process. I think a company like Edward Jones, who values relationship building, handled this part of the interviews very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

FA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Submit resume/application part I, phone interview, application part 2, In-person interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, virtual "day in the life" exercise, selection
    I'm currently about to have my 1st in person interview

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to relay complicated information to someone who had little background in the subject matter and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

RDP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied through my college career page and was invited for an interview on campus. Met with the on-campus recruiter who was very kind and made me feel extremely excited for the opportunity. Was contacted by a different recruiter about a week later to set up a final interview at the EJ headquarters. Second recruiter was unprofessional, did not email me necessary information about the interview so when I arrived I had difficulties getting into the place. Interviewers consisted of 2:1 face-to-face for the first 30 minutes, then a 1:1 for the last 30 minutes with a different person. Was told that the interview would be behavioral but turned out to be way more technical than expected (probably 70% of the interview.) Interviewers were very serious, could not crack a smile or any kind gesture whatsoever and would press you on many questions. Afterwards I was given a tour around the floor. I could tell immediately that the culture was not how I imagined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing I wouldn't like about you.   Answer Question
    • With the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, what would you tell a concerned client who has a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • What is some market related news that you have been paying attention to?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose of the Federal Reserve?   Answer Question
    • Why would someone want a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • Asked about R squared calculations from a project I had done   Answer Question

FA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

the process was long but not too bad. Still in the process after 50 days. Def. be prepared for the basic STAR questions as you will have to prove that everything youve done had results.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied for position. A few days later had an email requesting a phone screening. Phone screen was very simple. Lasted about 20 minutes. I was only asked 3 questions. STAR type questions. Immediately received an email asking to move towards application part of process. Filled that out and next day was asked to do a face to face with a local FA. I'm currently at this step in the process

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process nearly six weeks to be contacted. I was scheduled for a telephone call from a recruiter. Lots of situation questions. They did ask about my previous work history going back 10 years.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to assist an unhappy client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

In depth interview process, but current fa's are really helpful along the way. They will contact you prior to each step and make sure that you are prepared. A very supportive interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of behavior based questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a phone interview in about two days. This was the first phone screening stage. The overall interview experience was great and you can ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear us and why do you want to work in Edward Jones?
      Are you currently have any offer from other companies?
      What is your long-term career plan?
      Answer Question