Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.2

345 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a week that they were interested in a phone screen. I set a date within the following week and heard back two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Finance and what in your past has helped to achieve this interest?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

phone interview with detailed questions. firstly, sent me email asking me to schedule a phone interview time, there was no choice, but only a ten days later date, then I need to wait for almost 10 days to take phone interview.

Interview Questions

• when do you think you are ready to work as a financial advisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

There was a three step interview process: phone interview, second application part for background checks, then the face-to-face interview with a current Financial advisor. The first two steps went well, but the last was horrible. The FA just asked the questions he was given then didn't even type all of my answers in the form that he was supposed to sent to corporate. They emailed me that I wasn't getting an offer an hour after the interview (I had a 2 hour drive to get to the interview) and told me not to ask why they decided not to because it was "company policy."

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2017.

Interview

First, a 30 minute phone interview with someone from corporate office. They ask a series of situational questions (tell me a time when...). They want to know what the situation was, what you did to solve it, and what the outcome was. I recommend having a few scenarios prepared. You may then move on to an in-person interview with the FA who will ask you similar questions along with a few get-to-know you questions. This interview should last about an hour. Finally, I was invited back for a second interview with the FA, was asked additional questions, and got to know the FA more personally in a laid-back setting. After all of this, I did not receive an offer. It was a long process to go through to not receive an offer unless the FA was really just torn on who to choose. If you do receive an offer make sure you absolutely love your FA because you will work together very closely.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a BOA with Edward Jones?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave exceptional client service and went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to be critical of a co-worker and how did they respond?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a project with a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you experienced a new challenge at work and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time your manager critiqued your work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. If you pass, the next step is an interview with a financial advisor in your area. After completing the financial advisor interview, a planning exercise is required.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Financial Advior Interview

Interview

Gives lots resources to connect with other financial advisors to learn about job rather that is current or ones going through their training program to answer questions. Also was easy going wanted to get to know why you want to be a financial advisor and building a relationship with candidates.

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's job board and then I got an in person interview on campus. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and consisted of only behavioral questions. The rotational program is a unique opportunity to get exposure to many aspects of Edward Jones' business and they look for intellectually curious people who have and strong interest in finance.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that the Fed is going to raise interest rates?   Answer Question
    • What are some recent news stories you have been following about the market?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

Interview

Applied on my campus career site. Then was selected for on campus interview. Interview was very structured on questions about "name a time when..." Also, general market questions. Haven't heard back since the preliminary interview. Overall, good experience.

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The hiring process is one of the most particular I've experienced. The company has a reputation for looking to hire the unicorn rather than a skilled professional with a lot of potential, so the process is incredibly slow and cumbersome, with much wasted time and effort.

The process took over 5 months.

I applied in April, had a phone screen in May and filled out their candidate profile and background history which takes a few hours, phone interview in June with the hiring leader. After this round the recruiter left a voicemail that they were moving forward with other candidates but think I was a great fit for the company overall and wanted to discuss other openings. I call back and left a few voicemail's all to be ignored.

I applied for another position of the same degree in June, went through the phone screen, candidate profile and background check process again in July, and came on-site to meet with two team members in August. Early September I was notified that I was a great fit for the company but not a perfect fit for the role, which was upgraded to a Sr. Project Leader after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario-based questions -- tell me how you would approach this situation...   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kent, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Shortly after I submitted my online application, I was called by a recruiter from HR at Edward Jones' corporate office in St. Louis to schedule a phone interview the following week. They were very flexible in booking the specific time. Make sure you pay attention to their Central time zone. Within a day or two of my phone interview, I was called by the BOA of the local office to schedule an in-person interview with the financial advisor. For both the phone and in-person interviews, they are working from a script and asking you mostly situational questions about your past work experience. The FA I met with was very good about sharing with me how the office works and the current distribution of work between him and the two BOA's in his office. He also answered all of my questions thoroughly. A day or two after my office interview, I received a more in-depth assessment that I was given one-hour to complete online. It took me 47-48 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please share a time when you were given a task to do, but you did not have everything you needed to do it. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question