Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.2

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extensive process, don't get discouraged at the number of steps it takes. Edward Jones makes significant investments in their employees and they are regarded as one of the top companies to work for. Starts with submitting your resume, then a phone screen. If you move on you fill out a more comprehensive application and proceed to an in-person interview with a local FA. Then you will complete a business plan and go over it in a phone interview. Once that step in complete you are given a "day in the life" assessment, which is a simulation of an FA's day-to-day activity.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." questions left and right.   1 Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extremely slow process. I was called for 2nd Face to face interview at day 36 or so. Still expecting another week or so to even see if I get an offer, then if so another week or 2 for background/credit checks. Don't apply if you need a job quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something went wrong. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Asked about my work history and why I am looking to change from financial advisor to regulatory side of business. Had a second interview, now I am on to my 3rd interview.

FACD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

Phone Screen that I passed through now waiting on hr to get back to schedule next interview. Also suggested I talk to local advisors in the area to get a better feel for company.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is very, very lengthy. Mine lasted about 2 months. Overall it is a very straightforward process, and they are very honest throughout. I got to the second phone interview with a hiring manager and was not offered to take the virtual assessment after (the last step of the process.)

I was very shocked by this as multiple financial advisors contacted me to compliment my well-written business plan. The regional recruiting leader even called me to compliment me and was excited to proceed. When I received an automated email reply I was extremely disappointed; a phone call or personal email would have been appreciated as I had invested 2 full months into this hiring process. I think a company like Edward Jones, who values relationship building, handled this part of the interviews very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out - not worth the salary they low ball applicants to take. Between the uneducated "robot screener" who asked the questions, couldn't pronounce my 1 syllable easy first name, to the fact she couldn't type well and had me repeat myself at least 5 times I'd say this was a complete bust. AFTER the 25 minute initial phone screen there's several - SEVERAL steps to go through on the computer for complete background and credit check - all of which I passed. Then there's a 1 hour 100 question assessment of situations "questionnaire" that takes about an hour or so, depending on the applicant. By the time THAT is over with you MIGHT get a face to face but don't hold your breath. For the $31k to $38k they were offering it was not worth the time nor the grief. Do yourself a favor and PASS on this mess. They can easily afford to pay more but choose to make applicants jump through more hoops than any job I have ever applied for - and I've worked with companies that dealt with NSA and Homeland Security.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a deadline   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you faced an irate customer and how did you handle them and keep their business   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you and your team were faced with a deadline but something came up and you all had to do something else.   1 Answer

FA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Submit resume/application part I, phone interview, application part 2, In-person interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, virtual "day in the life" exercise, selection
    I'm currently about to have my 1st in person interview

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to relay complicated information to someone who had little background in the subject matter and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

You create an online account with Edward Jones and submit all the information, resume and other requested info. Then you submit for the location you want and within a day or a few days you will get an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you do the phone interview, you may be told them or in an email to finalize more paperwork which only requires a signature to release access to screening your pass employers I assume. Make sure you respond to the emails quickly and fill out all the paperwork. It is not much at all. Then you will get a call from the actual office that needs the BOA. They phone interviewer will give tons of info. They will ask if you have questions. I recommend interviewing in a mirror while talking to them. It helps to stay focused.

Interview Questions

• In your past work have you found and error you had made and how did you fix it?   3 Answers

RDP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied through my college career page and was invited for an interview on campus. Met with the on-campus recruiter who was very kind and made me feel extremely excited for the opportunity. Was contacted by a different recruiter about a week later to set up a final interview at the EJ headquarters. Second recruiter was unprofessional, did not email me necessary information about the interview so when I arrived I had difficulties getting into the place. Interviewers consisted of 2:1 face-to-face for the first 30 minutes, then a 1:1 for the last 30 minutes with a different person. Was told that the interview would be behavioral but turned out to be way more technical than expected (probably 70% of the interview.) Interviewers were very serious, could not crack a smile or any kind gesture whatsoever and would press you on many questions. Afterwards I was given a tour around the floor. I could tell immediately that the culture was not how I imagined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing I wouldn't like about you.   Answer Question
    • With the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, what would you tell a concerned client who has a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • What is some market related news that you have been paying attention to?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose of the Federal Reserve?   Answer Question
    • Why would someone want a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • Asked about R squared calculations from a project I had done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone in early November. Then at the end of November, I had a face to face interview. I received an offer in FEBRUARY!!! And then a month later- after stumbling on the website- I notice I'm no longer getting the job. Because of my background check. I didn't post a couple of past due accounts and I had something on my criminal report- but it was dismissed.
    So after 5 months... and an offer... I didn't get the job based on a couple of marks on my credit.

Interview Questions

• Ej has a strict questionnaire that they read off during an interview. How do you respond to a critical situation..   Answer Question