Edward Jones BOA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones BOA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

You create an online account with Edward Jones and submit all the information, resume and other requested info. Then you submit for the location you want and within a day or a few days you will get an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you do the phone interview, you may be told them or in an email to finalize more paperwork which only requires a signature to release access to screening your pass employers I assume. Make sure you respond to the emails quickly and fill out all the paperwork. It is not much at all. Then you will get a call from the actual office that needs the BOA. They phone interviewer will give tons of info. They will ask if you have questions. I recommend interviewing in a mirror while talking to them. It helps to stay focused.

Interview Questions

• In your past work have you found and error you had made and how did you fix it?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone in early November. Then at the end of November, I had a face to face interview. I received an offer in FEBRUARY!!! And then a month later- after stumbling on the website- I notice I'm no longer getting the job. Because of my background check. I didn't post a couple of past due accounts and I had something on my criminal report- but it was dismissed.
    So after 5 months... and an offer... I didn't get the job based on a couple of marks on my credit.

Interview Questions

• Ej has a strict questionnaire that they read off during an interview. How do you respond to a critical situation..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Evansville, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and behavioral questions interview. This was only the first step in a multi-step process. Next, I will have to submit an application to the specific branch I'm looking into and the FA will contact about a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a tight deadline. What did you do and what were the results?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time there was an oversight. How was the oversight discovered, what did you do, and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time responsibilities were added to your workload. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process nearly six weeks to be contacted. I was scheduled for a telephone call from a recruiter. Lots of situation questions. They did ask about my previous work history going back 10 years.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to assist an unhappy client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a prescreening phone interview. Initial interview is over the phone as well as second interview. Third and fourth interviews are at local level and in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with financial advisor, briefly on the phone to start. Then scheduled an in person interview. After interview, same date, took a 30 minuted timed analytical test. Lastly, spent time with other office administrator, asking questions and getting a feel for the position. Had great conversations with all involved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of enviornment do you enjoy working in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

A friend of mine recommend I apply for a local position. You apply online, with your resume etc.. Then they review and ask for a time for a phone interview. You get assigned a HR rep, and complete a phone interview. Then they tell you they will love forward or not. Then a very detailed, second application with your ten year work history with salaries. Also, question about your credit, certifications etc..

Interview Questions

• First I was asked why this position. She asked me 5 situational questions after that. Such as tell me a time when you revived feedback from a manger or a time you had a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • My advice is to prepare with several responses to questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

A phone interview with the recruiter for Edward Jones and follow up with emails for verification process and online employment application followed by two in person interviews with the management at the location of hire

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to meet a very tough deadline and what you did to meet it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

These were the steps I completed in this order: Phone interview, 3 step online application process, In-person interview, online tests and assessment.

Their online application process is lengthy and slightly painstaking; taking about an hour to complete and needing a detailed outline of your past 10 year work experience (including detailed income reporting). I found the interviews to be standard. Both phone and in person interveiws were primarily asking behaviour based questions (i.e.: how you respond in situations). I personally found that the financial advisor interviewing me (during my in person interview) was just reading scripted questions and not asking me questions that would have been relevant to my working directly with him. I also found my in person interveiw questions to be slightly disjointed; asking me about my fundraising experience that didn't fit with the job qualities needed for this particular job.

Interview Questions

• How do you hold yourself accountable for your actions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Hattiesburg, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

Long and drawn out interview process. Initial application is only to screen applicants. You have to be invited to formally apply after a detailed screening interview. The screening agency will ask if you are willing to transfer all of your investments to the firm. Once you are sent the formal application, the directions instruct you to have copies of your W-2s from the last 10 years, however you do not have to provide copies to them. I was not happy with this request. With this application you must consent to a credit and FBI background check. Only after passing through these processes are you allowed to actually interview with the Financial Advisor. This interview is nearly the same questions as the first interview. It took one month to get to that point. Then I was told it would be another month before a decision was made. Two months later I have not been contacted or advised that the position is filled. It still shows open on the online portal.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time where you took care of a customer who was upset. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question