Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

3.3

535 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

In the middle of the process now, post phone screening. Extremely friendly personnel and welcoming/ helpful financial advisors to help you out along the way. Looking forward to the rest of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very long about 4 months for me. All of the people that I have worked with thus far have been very nice and extremely upfront and honest. I am on the last step of the process which is the 3.5-hour assessment. I have prepared for the assessment but they were not very clear on what to expect.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome adversity in the workplace? Were you able to resolve an issue with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Asheville, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview process was the 9 step process laid out on the company Talent Acquisition page. Although many have shared that they felt the process was drawn out - I felt like it was an appropriate amount of time, especially for the amount of investment in training (100k) and totally responsibly they are hiring for. Very prompt and professional. I accepted the offer and will be joining Edward Jones as a Financial Advisor very soon!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in December 2017.

Interview

Received an email from an automated service to schedule a phone screen. Completed phone interview with the Senior Recruiter - Home Office Talent Acquisition in St. Louis and she GHOSTED me. Never heard from her again, no response, no email, no thank you email. Poor candidate experience.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a week that they were interested in a phone screen. I set a date within the following week and heard back two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Finance and what in your past has helped to achieve this interest?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

phone interview with detailed questions. firstly, sent me email asking me to schedule a phone interview time, there was no choice, but only a ten days later date, then I need to wait for almost 10 days to take phone interview.

Interview Questions

• when do you think you are ready to work as a financial advisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

There was a three step interview process: phone interview, second application part for background checks, then the face-to-face interview with a current Financial advisor. The first two steps went well, but the last was horrible. The FA just asked the questions he was given then didn't even type all of my answers in the form that he was supposed to sent to corporate. They emailed me that I wasn't getting an offer an hour after the interview (I had a 2 hour drive to get to the interview) and told me not to ask why they decided not to because it was "company policy."

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2017.

Interview

Three month process that involves 10 steps. 2 Phone interviews. 1 in person interview with a local Financial Advisor. Background check. Then a sales assessment at the end. No questions on anything related to finance. Assessment had nothing to do with finance. All sales. They were really looking for a great salesperson that makes a lot of phone calls. So basically a telemarketer. Really a waste of both parties' times. And this was for the "Financial Advisor Development Program" which makes me wonder what they train on during the program. The industry is all about sales and I knew that going in but didn't know exactly how entrenched in sales they are.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and they ask you to be specific and give details.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, was more like a conversation instead of straight up questions. They want you to talk about your previous experiences and how that has shaped you. They want you show your personality and what motivates you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

2 month interview process and they are very selective. The process is very time consuming. I was able to make till the second last round. And got rejected in the last round after putting my effort in the last one and half month.

Interview Questions

• Time when you were in a situation when you had to meet the client requirement but also not breach the policy of the organisation   Answer Question