Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Long and over two months of my time... Made it to the final - "Day in the Life" assessment which was a joke. Literally felt like the apocalypse. Unrealistic, unfair, technology issues and literally no feedback of how I did! Then I didn't get the nice gesture from the FA to provide me candid feedback around his final decision. He met my family and we spent half the day with them... Additional bitterness comes from 6+ years in financial services before going through this process. Good experience - yes. Unhappy and feeling like someone that didn't stick to the wall when thrown - absolutely. I am confident that they are aware of the talent they are losing sight of with this process. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR approach questions... Be prepared to brag about yourself.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied on EJ website, participated in phone screening with HR, and interviewed with a financial advisor in person. HR focuses on resume and walkthrough of experience. Interview with FA has more to do with personality and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you had to explain a complex subject to another person.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

3 phone interviews, a face to face interview, a "day in the life" assessment and a neighborhood canvassing "survey" assessment (They no longer do the last one). The process was intensive- know that they want to access if you can prospect for a financial advising book of business.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions- tell me about a time you overcame a challenge etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

They are very quick and efficient which is what makes sense in a revolving door company. It started with talking to the recruiter, then in person with an advisor, then you create a business plan, then you go survey people, then you might get a job offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, and I think I had to participate in 4+ interviews. They are looking for candidates who are persistent and dedicated to the process, something you need as a financial advisor. The interview process is intentionally drawn out for this very reason.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extensive process, don't get discouraged at the number of steps it takes. Edward Jones makes significant investments in their employees and they are regarded as one of the top companies to work for. Starts with submitting your resume, then a phone screen. If you move on you fill out a more comprehensive application and proceed to an in-person interview with a local FA. Then you will complete a business plan and go over it in a phone interview. Once that step in complete you are given a "day in the life" assessment, which is a simulation of an FA's day-to-day activity.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." questions left and right.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is very, very lengthy. Mine lasted about 2 months. Overall it is a very straightforward process, and they are very honest throughout. I got to the second phone interview with a hiring manager and was not offered to take the virtual assessment after (the last step of the process.)

I was very shocked by this as multiple financial advisors contacted me to compliment my well-written business plan. The regional recruiting leader even called me to compliment me and was excited to proceed. When I received an automated email reply I was extremely disappointed; a phone call or personal email would have been appreciated as I had invested 2 full months into this hiring process. I think a company like Edward Jones, who values relationship building, handled this part of the interviews very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, but dealing with pleasant people. Make sure you go out and talk to advisors in your surrounding area beforehand to get a better understanding of the job characteristics. Stay on the recruiters to let them know you want the job as well. This will increase the speed of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity and how did it work out?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face interview, A day in a life experience. I've only made it through the phone interview, we will see how the next portion goes. So far it has been an enjoyable but tedious experience. I believe it is set up for you to pay attention to the details of the application and to provide information in a timely fashion. I don't know if that's part of the psychology or not but it seems like it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex situation you had to explain to someone in depth   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied for position. A few days later had an email requesting a phone screening. Phone screen was very simple. Lasted about 20 minutes. I was only asked 3 questions. STAR type questions. Immediately received an email asking to move towards application part of process. Filled that out and next day was asked to do a face to face with a local FA. I'm currently at this step in the process