Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Roanoke, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face with advisor interview, write business plan, phone interview, day in the life of a fa simulation. Then the recruiter calls the next day. Took me 6 months. Plus I had to knock on doors.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you were turned down for something. How did you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. A lot was focused on the applicants level of comfort with face to face contacts (door knocking). 5 total interviews; a business plan; an assessment. Not easy to get offered an opportunity.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online and then had a resume screening. After that I had a brief phone interview. It was recommended to talk to some of the other financial advisors in the area so I did that to prepare for an in person interview. If you pass the in person interview you have to create a business plan, which you don't know how to fill out unless you seek guidance from another financial advisor. Your business plan is then critiqued by another phone interview. If you pass that, you have a 4 hour "day in the life" exercise with actors that will call you.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Folsom, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long and challenging. There is a 10 step hiring process that every financial advisor candidate needs to go through. This process is outlined on their website and includes 2 phone interviews, an in person interview with an FA, a business plan and "day in the life". It took a little over 2 months from sending my application in to getting a job offer. The interviews are pretty standard, basic behavioral questions, and about your choice to become a financial advisor. The Edward Jones community is like a family, and I was able to talk to 3 financial advisors during the hiring process and they help me with my business plan and prepare for various parts of the 10 step process. My advise is if they offer you help then take it. The FA's want to see you succeed, and will help you get the job if they can.

Distribution Product Leader - Life INsurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in less than 24 hours to schedule a phone interview with HR. At the designated time of the interview they did not call me. I waited 10 minutes and called the interviewer, only got her voicemail. Left a message. It's been 3 days and I've not received any messages from the interviewer.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

Hard and long. One of the most competitive programs in the country.

Phone Screen - Pretty easy
    Face to Face - The local FA decides if you continue or not
    Phone Interview - Ask you tons of situation based questions
    Submit Business Plan - You better go out and seek help from local FA's
    Day in the life Assessment - VERY DIFFICULT

Interview Questions

• Do you understand this is the hardest 3 years of any career you could have chosen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, lunch interview, and 4 hour virtual assessment. Virtual assessment is very difficult. Multi-step interview process, less than 10% will make it through the interview process. They look for independently successful people. After getting licensed more than 1/2 will not make it a year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not like to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You can' trust apply, you must be invited. Then be ready for a very long process- a 9 step process. They want to make sure that you know what you're getting into. In addition they want to know what you are capable of because they will pay you a salary and pay for your licenses if you need them.
    They won' tell you a whole lot up front. So you need to ask a lot of questions.
    The concerns are that you have to sign a non compete. This means if you leave or they let you go for not producing enough, you can't call the clients that you brought in for 2 years. The pay outs are sort of low but decent. They pay a portion of your insurance too.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions: How would you handle blank, explain a time in the past when you turned a negative client experience around. But this is nothing. Be prepared to do a business plan, then be interviewed on the business plan. Lastly is a simulation online a day in the life of an advisor. You get fake client profiles, emails, and phone calls. It is a riot!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is gruelingly long. I took almost 6 weeks. I had a phone interview, an interview with a financial adviser, another phone interview with another person, a homework type activity, then a 4 hour "day in the life" activity where you have to study a fictional company and make phone calls and emails to phone actors. Since they are only hiring employed people, you will probably have to miss time at work like I did.

Interview Questions

• How much in assets do you expect to transfer in your first year?   1 Answer
    • What is your vision of your business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Deland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process involves multiple steps. It is necessary in order for them to determine you are an ethically sound individual since you would be handling client's money. You have to be approved to apply, then you fill out a very in depth application including 10 years of work experience, then you have a phone screening, then you would have an interview, then a simulation of an interaction with a client, then you prepare a business plan, then it is the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took on a leadership position.   Answer Question