Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.2

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Started meeting with a regional advisor on campus, then a phone screen, then a face to face interview. The phone interview isnt too bad, they just go over your resume and they really start to ask more questions relating to sales, which I did not have any experience. Try to get your responses geared more towards sales.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy and detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was good enough. I did not negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Online application, quickly followed up with a key contact person assigned for the whole hiring process. Face to face interview done locally, once past this interview successfully then you are required to do a Survey to experience the door to door approach of contacting and meeting new people as well as a computer simulation of the day as a financial advisor. Entire process takes 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why should the firm commit $100000 in training costs to you instead of a different applicant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation when I hired in.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Call you almost immediately after applying, and seem to give anyone off the street a fighting chance. Meet with an actual advisor then go through training.

Intern Interview

Interview

Nice recruiting staff. After dropping your resume with them, they may shoot you an email requesting more information if you look viable. At this point, you have a chance to be invited to an interview, which is also scheduled through email/online. After that is the final phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Edward Jones gives exploding offers (that is, a 48 window to decide if your in or not). I didn't try this, but it might be a good idea to request more time if your not dead set on this position.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Background check. Personal Interview with local individual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Just finished my phone screening. The interviewer asked a lot about my college experience and why I wanted to become an FA. And also why Edward Jones>

Interview Questions

• One challenge that you took. Why did you take this challenge and were you sucessful   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Front Royal, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Front Royal, VA).

Interview

After requesting an application and being invited to apply the candidate will go through a number of steps including visiting offices, a survey, interviews and a day in the life. Each are designed to help us evaluate your potential as well as allowing you to make sure that this is the right decision.

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Salisbury, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

Long process. Submit interest, wait for email notification. Apply via email received. Schedule phone interview, actively interview a neighborhood via "knock on doors". Have face to face interview with an experienced advisor. Complete another phone interview. Schedule an active role play for about 4 hours over phone/computer. Wait for offer of job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer based on previous employment status.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I did the online application for a financial advisor trainee. I got the regular, expected questions, but one thing that bothered me was regarding my credit. I was told I had to submit the names, amounts owned and payment arraignments of any charge-offs, etc. Sorry, no thank you!!