Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Providence, RI) in November 2013.

Interview

I met directly with the Edward Jones Financial Adviser that I would be working for, in the actual branch location, so I was able to get a good feel for the work environment.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Long and intense process, but it worths it because in the mean time I get to know more about the company and understand their business model as well. This is a career change for me so I want to make sure the company culture and the business model suit me well.

The interview process has 9 steps. 2 phone interviews (one with the recruiter and one with the local Talent Acquisition Manager), 1 face-to-face interview with a local FA, create a business plan and the last step is take the Virtual Assessment.

It is very important to know what they are looking for in each step and present the true and the best of yourself. Always ask questions if you need help, especially during the Business Planning stage. Also, ask questions about the company culture, business model and pay structure, anything you are curious about, to assess if this is the career for you. All the HRs and FAs I have encountered are very very nice people, and always give thorough advice when they can.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst day you have.
      Tell me an example that you have to give constructed advice to someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very intense and thorough: Submit your resume online, Phone interview with someone in the BOA hiring team at Home Office in St. Louis, MO. Face to Face interview with the office you would like to work in, Skills testing, Drug Testing and Fingerprinting, Last follow up phone interview with Home Office with either details of your offer or termination of process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Long drawn out interview process. I got to the last interview before the virtual thing. Edward Jones is mostly male and has the same problem most companies in Financial Advising have, they don't know how to attract or even how to interview female candidates. It's an industry problem. I have interviewed with a few companies for financial advisor they all have the same problem.

As boomers retire they are big assets clients but they are going to be replaced with a younger generation that is more equal in the sexes.Gen X is middle aged and then millennials... So what are they going to do when, it's women and they don't golf? or don't have any financial advisors who can keep or attract female investment clients?
    I will be okay, I have 3 degrees and will end up in a more diverse type company and industry...so glad I have a degree in Accounting and not just Finance...moving to a more diverse industry. I will say the other advisors who help you are helpful and great people.

Interview Questions

• Usual STAR interview questions....and you make a business plan o for them that is kind of vague...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Missoula, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my application. I got an email a week later to schedule a phone interview which was a week and a half out. I completed the phone interview which was 30 minutes. Five different situational questions. Was emailed links to sign off on background checks and such. I passed the phone screening so I got a call from the recruiter again to guide me through the real application. Took me 2 hours to complete. They need 10 years of work history with salary information. All of mine were estimates since my salary never was consistent for a whole year. Two days later I got a call from the Financial Advisor who was looking for the BOA. We scheduled an in person interview about a week out. I met with her and she asked five situational questions again, different than the originals. My FA had been working for EJ for 13 years so is very established and knows what she wants. She was very straightforward and wanted to make sure I knew what the job was. The job is 30% banking which is not explained in any step prior to this. Just something to be aware of. I felt like the interview went well. Afterwards, I was sent a personality and aptitude test. Nothing too crazy. Too about 45 minutes. This was two weeks ago. I have not heard anything yet. I emailed the recruiter inquiring as to my status and if she needed anything else. I was told I am still in the running and that they were working through the process. I had anticipated his after reading others reviews. It's been a month and a half since I initially applied. In my area, the pay is VERY good so I am ok with jumping through some hoops. Also the prospect of getting to work alone is extremely appealing to me. I hope to hear from them within the next two weeks either way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed at something, why you failed at it, and what you did to correct it in the future.   1 Answer

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Lots of steps. Phone screen, 2 in-person interviews with hiring manager, in-person interview with peers, personality test, aptitude tests (timed), simulation. Process took several months. I had to take a lot of time off of work.

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted information online in response to the job opening, and was contacted by email 3 weeks later to set up a phone interview. Moving forward in the selection process begins with an email invitation to complete the formal Employment Application within 48 hours of the phone interview. There was also an email verification process, and e-Signature Consent document that had to be completed at that time. Once these items were completed and the recruiter notified, I was then emailed a DDI Assessment. Four days after completing the assessment, I was scheduled for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a process or project that needed improvement with your past employer; how did you discover an improvement was needed; what was the impact of the idea?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

They ask several questions and care more about how you answer the questions rather than the content of the questions. For instance, each of the questions - I answered with very in depth and resourceful answers. But they were more interested in short to the point answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when one of your associates criticized you for your work.   Answer Question

Interview

I was put through a phone Interview. I was denied by the recruiter. I attended a Career Event and was then reconsidered for the position. I didn't feel like I was a good fit for their culture. The advisors seemed to be somewhat close minded.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

9 Steps. each more daunting than the last. Phone interview, then personal interview at an office. Build a comprehensive business plan and follow that up with a 4 hour simulation that assesses your ability to think on your feet and address issues as they arrive based on your personality

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit questions surrounding integrity and compliance with regulations   Answer Question