Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.2

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Asked about my work history and why I am looking to change from financial advisor to regulatory side of business. Had a second interview, now I am on to my 3rd interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extensive process, don't get discouraged at the number of steps it takes. Edward Jones makes significant investments in their employees and they are regarded as one of the top companies to work for. Starts with submitting your resume, then a phone screen. If you move on you fill out a more comprehensive application and proceed to an in-person interview with a local FA. Then you will complete a business plan and go over it in a phone interview. Once that step in complete you are given a "day in the life" assessment, which is a simulation of an FA's day-to-day activity.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time..." questions left and right.   1 Answer

FACD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

Phone Screen that I passed through now waiting on hr to get back to schedule next interview. Also suggested I talk to local advisors in the area to get a better feel for company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is very, very lengthy. Mine lasted about 2 months. Overall it is a very straightforward process, and they are very honest throughout. I got to the second phone interview with a hiring manager and was not offered to take the virtual assessment after (the last step of the process.)

I was very shocked by this as multiple financial advisors contacted me to compliment my well-written business plan. The regional recruiting leader even called me to compliment me and was excited to proceed. When I received an automated email reply I was extremely disappointed; a phone call or personal email would have been appreciated as I had invested 2 full months into this hiring process. I think a company like Edward Jones, who values relationship building, handled this part of the interviews very poorly.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

You create an online account with Edward Jones and submit all the information, resume and other requested info. Then you submit for the location you want and within a day or a few days you will get an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you do the phone interview, you may be told them or in an email to finalize more paperwork which only requires a signature to release access to screening your pass employers I assume. Make sure you respond to the emails quickly and fill out all the paperwork. It is not much at all. Then you will get a call from the actual office that needs the BOA. They phone interviewer will give tons of info. They will ask if you have questions. I recommend interviewing in a mirror while talking to them. It helps to stay focused.

Interview Questions

• In your past work have you found and error you had made and how did you fix it?   3 Answers

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out - not worth the salary they low ball applicants to take. Between the uneducated "robot screener" who asked the questions, couldn't pronounce my 1 syllable easy first name, to the fact she couldn't type well and had me repeat myself at least 5 times I'd say this was a complete bust. AFTER the 25 minute initial phone screen there's several - SEVERAL steps to go through on the computer for complete background and credit check - all of which I passed. Then there's a 1 hour 100 question assessment of situations "questionnaire" that takes about an hour or so, depending on the applicant. By the time THAT is over with you MIGHT get a face to face but don't hold your breath. For the $31k to $38k they were offering it was not worth the time nor the grief. Do yourself a favor and PASS on this mess. They can easily afford to pay more but choose to make applicants jump through more hoops than any job I have ever applied for - and I've worked with companies that dealt with NSA and Homeland Security.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a deadline   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you faced an irate customer and how did you handle them and keep their business   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you and your team were faced with a deadline but something came up and you all had to do something else.   1 Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter than I had a face to face interview with the Financial Advisor. After the face to face interview, I had to complete an online competency test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed at something and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, but dealing with pleasant people. Make sure you go out and talk to advisors in your surrounding area beforehand to get a better understanding of the job characteristics. Stay on the recruiters to let them know you want the job as well. This will increase the speed of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity and how did it work out?   1 Answer

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Green Bay, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

1st interview via Phone from corporate office. Friendly and professional
    More online questions needed before going forward
    2nd in person - again friendly, professional
    ** questions were very situational, be prepared to continually give examples

~ online test ...geared toward customer service, skills and IQ

Offer contingent upon clear drug test / background check

step 3 - online test

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had to rebuild a client relationship   1 Answer
    • let me about a time when you went the extra mile for a customer   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face interview, A day in a life experience. I've only made it through the phone interview, we will see how the next portion goes. So far it has been an enjoyable but tedious experience. I believe it is set up for you to pay attention to the details of the application and to provide information in a timely fashion. I don't know if that's part of the psychology or not but it seems like it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex situation you had to explain to someone in depth   Answer Question