Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, but dealing with pleasant people. Make sure you go out and talk to advisors in your surrounding area beforehand to get a better understanding of the job characteristics. Stay on the recruiters to let them know you want the job as well. This will increase the speed of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity and how did it work out?   1 Answer

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Green Bay, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

1st interview via Phone from corporate office. Friendly and professional
    More online questions needed before going forward
    2nd in person - again friendly, professional
    ** questions were very situational, be prepared to continually give examples

~ online test ...geared toward customer service, skills and IQ

Offer contingent upon clear drug test / background check

step 3 - online test

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had to rebuild a client relationship   1 Answer
    • let me about a time when you went the extra mile for a customer   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face interview, A day in a life experience. I've only made it through the phone interview, we will see how the next portion goes. So far it has been an enjoyable but tedious experience. I believe it is set up for you to pay attention to the details of the application and to provide information in a timely fashion. I don't know if that's part of the psychology or not but it seems like it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex situation you had to explain to someone in depth   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2017.

Interview

I responded to an on-line position posted on various well known job boards. I submitted
    my professional financial services resume including two college degrees, 15 years experience and three licenses. This open position is on many job boards.

Interview Questions

• What zip code are you interested in locating your business?
      What is your social security number?   1 Answer

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted as a referral. A phone interview and then no other feedback of any kind. It would be helpful to have some feedback on where I fell short.

BOA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online for a BOA position, I received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was approximately 30 minutes. There were several "describe a situation where" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I went through 11 steps, a step more than 10 steps described in the EJ website. The whole process took about 2 months. The interviews are behavioral questions that would ask on you, your experience and to get to know more of your personality. My advice is before you applied EJ, please get appointments with EJ Financial advisors and ask them tons of questions on their works, their work life, how they build their business and how they plan their business plan. All of this information would help you answer the question if you are a fit to this job and help you plan your answers to all of the interview questions

Interview Questions

• • Tell me about your responsibilities during last 5 years of work and describe an accomplishment you are proud of.
      • What are your current job responsibilities? Why do you choose to leave?
      • Tell me about a time when you had to explain something complicated (complex problem/situation) to a client, and how you got them to understand
      • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

FA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Submit resume/application part I, phone interview, application part 2, In-person interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, virtual "day in the life" exercise, selection
    I'm currently about to have my 1st in person interview

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to relay complicated information to someone who had little background in the subject matter and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

RDP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied through my college career page and was invited for an interview on campus. Met with the on-campus recruiter who was very kind and made me feel extremely excited for the opportunity. Was contacted by a different recruiter about a week later to set up a final interview at the EJ headquarters. Second recruiter was unprofessional, did not email me necessary information about the interview so when I arrived I had difficulties getting into the place. Interviewers consisted of 2:1 face-to-face for the first 30 minutes, then a 1:1 for the last 30 minutes with a different person. Was told that the interview would be behavioral but turned out to be way more technical than expected (probably 70% of the interview.) Interviewers were very serious, could not crack a smile or any kind gesture whatsoever and would press you on many questions. Afterwards I was given a tour around the floor. I could tell immediately that the culture was not how I imagined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing I wouldn't like about you.   Answer Question
    • With the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, what would you tell a concerned client who has a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • What is some market related news that you have been paying attention to?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose of the Federal Reserve?   Answer Question
    • Why would someone want a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • Asked about R squared calculations from a project I had done   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone in early November. Then at the end of November, I had a face to face interview. I received an offer in FEBRUARY!!! And then a month later- after stumbling on the website- I notice I'm no longer getting the job. Because of my background check. I didn't post a couple of past due accounts and I had something on my criminal report- but it was dismissed.
    So after 5 months... and an offer... I didn't get the job based on a couple of marks on my credit.

Interview Questions

• Ej has a strict questionnaire that they read off during an interview. How do you respond to a critical situation..   Answer Question