Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview prior to a in person screening, if I met the qualifications that they were looking for. I thought it was a good step, and I was able to ask questions about benefits during the call as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

In depth interview process, but current fa's are really helpful along the way. They will contact you prior to each step and make sure that you are prepared. A very supportive interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of behavior based questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Warwick, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

This has been a long interview process. I started with a face to face interview followed by a phone interview.Then another face to face interview. Seems like a lot for a Admin job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Belton, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, phone interviews, then you have to submit your business plan and go through "a day in the life"of a financial advisor in which you simulate running your own office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Edmond, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by face-to-face interview with Financial Advisor, followed by online assessment, followed by second face-to-face interview with other FA staff, After six weeks of this process, and being led to believe at both face-to-face interviews that I would be a good fit for the office and that I would be seeing an offer - instead I received a generic "we're moving forward with other candidates" email from the home office. No explanation was forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with doing the research within the home office to find out the answers you need without bothering the FA with your questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. From the time I applied until I received an offer was two months! You have to fill-out multiple job applications (3 I think) that all ask for the same information. Then you have at least two phone interviews and at least 2-3 in-person interviews. I don't think you jump through this many hoops to get into the FBI! (just kidding of course). The interviews consisted of all behavior based questions (i.e. tell me about a time...) and took about two hours each. After the first interview, it was a full two weeks before I was invited for a second interview. Then you have to complete an online test that measures your customers service, graph interpretation, and math skills. I got tired of waiting for them to make a decision, so I took another job. Then I was offered this one. The compensation was very low for the position and the benefits are sub-par. Employees are expected to contribute a lot toward insurance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have a disagreement with a supervisor and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had two projects due at the same time and you handled them.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Took about two months this is the interview process:

1. I applied to the job online
    2. phone screening with HQ recruiter
    3. Face to Face interview with a local FA advisor
    4. Given a business plan
    5. Phone interview with regional manager
    6. Virtual assessment : it was like a day in a life of a FA
    7. Within 48 hours of your virtual assessment you find out if you got the job!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a prescreening phone interview. Initial interview is over the phone as well as second interview. Third and fourth interviews are at local level and in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with financial advisor, briefly on the phone to start. Then scheduled an in person interview. After interview, same date, took a 30 minuted timed analytical test. Lastly, spent time with other office administrator, asking questions and getting a feel for the position. Had great conversations with all involved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of enviornment do you enjoy working in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a phone interview in about two days. This was the first phone screening stage. The overall interview experience was great and you can ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear us and why do you want to work in Edward Jones?
      Are you currently have any offer from other companies?
      What is your long-term career plan?
      Answer Question