Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.2

BOA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online for a BOA position, I received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was approximately 30 minutes. There were several "describe a situation where" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I went through 11 steps, a step more than 10 steps described in the EJ website. The whole process took about 2 months. The interviews are behavioral questions that would ask on you, your experience and to get to know more of your personality. My advice is before you applied EJ, please get appointments with EJ Financial advisors and ask them tons of questions on their works, their work life, how they build their business and how they plan their business plan. All of this information would help you answer the question if you are a fit to this job and help you plan your answers to all of the interview questions

Interview Questions

• • Tell me about your responsibilities during last 5 years of work and describe an accomplishment you are proud of.
      • What are your current job responsibilities? Why do you choose to leave?
      • Tell me about a time when you had to explain something complicated (complex problem/situation) to a client, and how you got them to understand
      • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

FA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Submit resume/application part I, phone interview, application part 2, In-person interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, virtual "day in the life" exercise, selection
    I'm currently about to have my 1st in person interview

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to relay complicated information to someone who had little background in the subject matter and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

RDP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied through my college career page and was invited for an interview on campus. Met with the on-campus recruiter who was very kind and made me feel extremely excited for the opportunity. Was contacted by a different recruiter about a week later to set up a final interview at the EJ headquarters. Second recruiter was unprofessional, did not email me necessary information about the interview so when I arrived I had difficulties getting into the place. Interviewers consisted of 2:1 face-to-face for the first 30 minutes, then a 1:1 for the last 30 minutes with a different person. Was told that the interview would be behavioral but turned out to be way more technical than expected (probably 70% of the interview.) Interviewers were very serious, could not crack a smile or any kind gesture whatsoever and would press you on many questions. Afterwards I was given a tour around the floor. I could tell immediately that the culture was not how I imagined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing I wouldn't like about you.   Answer Question
    • With the Federal Reserve raising interest rates, what would you tell a concerned client who has a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • What is some market related news that you have been paying attention to?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose of the Federal Reserve?   Answer Question
    • Why would someone want a fixed income security?   Answer Question
    • Asked about R squared calculations from a project I had done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone in early November. Then at the end of November, I had a face to face interview. I received an offer in FEBRUARY!!! And then a month later- after stumbling on the website- I notice I'm no longer getting the job. Because of my background check. I didn't post a couple of past due accounts and I had something on my criminal report- but it was dismissed.
    So after 5 months... and an offer... I didn't get the job based on a couple of marks on my credit.

Interview Questions

• Ej has a strict questionnaire that they read off during an interview. How do you respond to a critical situation..   Answer Question

FA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

the process was long but not too bad. Still in the process after 50 days. Def. be prepared for the basic STAR questions as you will have to prove that everything youve done had results.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to run you own business?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied for position. A few days later had an email requesting a phone screening. Phone screen was very simple. Lasted about 20 minutes. I was only asked 3 questions. STAR type questions. Immediately received an email asking to move towards application part of process. Filled that out and next day was asked to do a face to face with a local FA. I'm currently at this step in the process

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Evansville, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and behavioral questions interview. This was only the first step in a multi-step process. Next, I will have to submit an application to the specific branch I'm looking into and the FA will contact about a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a tight deadline. What did you do and what were the results?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time there was an oversight. How was the oversight discovered, what did you do, and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time responsibilities were added to your workload. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process nearly six weeks to be contacted. I was scheduled for a telephone call from a recruiter. Lots of situation questions. They did ask about my previous work history going back 10 years.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview prior to a in person screening, if I met the qualifications that they were looking for. I thought it was a good step, and I was able to ask questions about benefits during the call as well.