Edward Jones Investment Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Investment Representative Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Completed online application; followed by phone interview followed by interview with Broker

Interview Questions

• Edward Jones hires only 1% of its applicants. Why should you be in the 1%?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a pre-established amount for the training period, which lasts for about 6 months. Then, it is based on building your own line of clientele.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

Very poor experience. The process was completely mercenary. All they focused on was how much more money I would make there for the identical volume, at the expense of the client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Very detailed, covered expectations and comp plan. No real suprises, read the package they send you and you'll do just fine

Interview Questions

• Need 25 contacts a day. How many doors do you need to knock on?   2 Answers
    • How do you prospect?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Stillwater, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

I was hired directly out of college. The process included an initial application, which was reviewed to determine if I would have a phone interview. The initial interview was with someone in St Louis and then a psychometric phone interview with a third party. Once that was complete, there is a final interview with someone in a local branch office.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of any trick questions. They are looking for entrepreneurial mentality and work ethic over investment knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, the program was a one year base (plus lower base while studying if applicable). No negotiation.