Edward Jones Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 6, 2017

3.2

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a prescreening phone interview. Initial interview is over the phone as well as second interview. Third and fourth interviews are at local level and in person.

FACD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long process to weed out those who are not truly serious about the opportunity. First a phone interview, then an in-person interview, then constructing a business plan, ending with a "day in the life" simulation. Every part requires preparation and it is crucial that you know people in the company who can help prepare you for the last two steps

Interview Questions

• All the questions other than the obvious "why do you want to work for the company?" type questions will be behavioral. Answer with STAR format.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

This is a long process. The 10 steps on their web site lay out the process. You should meet with local agents in your area to help work through the process.

Distribution Product Leader - Life INsurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in less than 24 hours to schedule a phone interview with HR. At the designated time of the interview they did not call me. I waited 10 minutes and called the interviewer, only got her voicemail. Left a message. It's been 3 days and I've not received any messages from the interviewer.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Like everyone else stated, all the questions are situational. It started off talking about my resume and what my responsibilities were at my previous jobs then around 5 situational questions followed by any questions I had. If you don't prepare then it will be very difficult, but if you have at least 5 or 6 stories in hand, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you got feedback on your work and how it impacted your work in the future?   Answer Question

Trust Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview before multiple in person interviews were to be scheduled. I was told they would get back to me in two weeks but they did not until eight weeks later, by which time I had accepted a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• As this was an initial screening by phone, no surprising questions. Mostly asked about experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. We had multiple rounds. 1st- phone interview and then it was an in person interview with another FA from my region. It went well and they offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you made an unpopular decision in a leadership position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you were the leader of a team and it did not go as planned?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Screening interview, business plan assessment, in-person interview, and a 4 hour virtual assessment where you have a virtual email inbox and make phone calls to actors in the home office who role-play prospective clients

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went through a hardship and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

5 steps. first is phone call where they said I would be engaging in door to door sales after moving to another city for 7 weeks of training... I got a job with another advisor firm needless to say. Door to door sales are dead.