Edward Jones Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. Interviewer was new to the process, so it went okay. Did not have to do a skills test. Interview did a good job with describing the process. Will take 1+ month because of security clearance needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something went wrong. What did you do to correct the problem for then and in the future?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

really lengthy interview process, includes a session where you have to knock on doors...ridiculous. You have a pre interview then an interview, than the door knock thing, then a phone interview then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• They made you knock on peoples doors to ask about opening a business in the area, it was hard because it was a fake scenario.   Answer Question

Branch Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Raleigh, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

For starters there were no job postings anywhere that I found for a branch intern. Edward Jones' company website has a section that discusses the application process and deadlines for their internships at their headquarters in St. Louis and Arizona, but if you are looking to Intern under a local branch you won't find it posted anywhere on Edward Jones' site. The process I took was to search for the advisors in the area, and email each one individually and ask them if they were looking for an Intern or if they knew anyone in the region who was looking for an intern. Once I obtained the name of an advisor who was looking for a summer intern, I reached out to her specifically and expressed my interest in Edward Jones and learning more by doing an internship. In the initial email I attached my resume. Several days later her Branch Office Assistant (BOA) reached out to me to schedule an interview with her in the advisors office. The interview wit the BOA was a quick 20-30 minute interview in which she asked general questions regarding my interest in financial advising, what all did I know or like about Edward Jones, and various other typical interview questions. After that interview I waited about a week without hearing back from them, and then called to follow up with the BOA on the status. At that time she scheduled another interview with me and the Financial Advisor in the branch. This was a bit more detailed in that she asked me questions more geared to whether it would be a good fit, "Is 20 hours a week going to be enough for you?", "Are you able to work hours 10-2pm", etc. At this point my belief was that they had it narrowed down to me and maybe 1 or 2 other candidates and were just looking to see if any one had any sort of conflict with the time and pay they were looking to offer. A week later I got a call from the BOA telling me they wanted to offer me the internship. I had to come in and fill out a bunch of paperwork and agree to a background check. Within 2-3 weeks I started my first day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Edward Jones? What do you think about the phillosophy and structure set up at Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, but it was a paid internship of about $10/hr. This was a plus as I was able to do the internship without getting an additional summer job to pay for expenses.